Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    The symbol on the book - I'm going to guess it's one of the symbols we've been shown so far of the various 8 strongest beings in the world or something. I'm re-downloading the old episodes now to see if that's the case.
    I just had a look and despite the symbol on the book resembling a dragon, it's a different symbol to the one shown in prior episodes.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    In terms of the overall plot, this episode was shit, though. What exactl are we here for again? Watching some guy play family in a fantasy world?
    It's a "modern" isekai. THE "modern" isekai, according to some.

That's exactly what this is. That's exactly what ALL power fantasy isekai are.

Shut-in (here). Overworked. Wasted their golden years. Wasted their youth. Had a panic attack from sleep deprivation and died from being scared to death from seeing a tractor. Overworked. Regret. Shut-in. Bullied. Overworked. etc.

The other stuff (any kind of politics or plot) is window dressing.

Have sex, make family, appease the restless spirit of Shinzo Abe!

Episode S2 14

- - - - --

Badigadi is correct: long and too serious speeches are disliked by everyone, except for the kind of people you don't even want to associate with.

I felt like this episode flowed pretty well. It also demonstrated the power of potato chips in a world where potato chips don't exist, by drawing in a person like Nanahoshi who absolutely isn't the type to attend parties, at least in that world.

I must remind myself that the previous season (or part of it, whatever) started out very slow, too, so I guess these plot-free episodes are to be expected.

That said, I hope we'll return to it, soon, although it's hard to imagine how. With Sylphie already being prepared for getting pregnant, it's hard to imagine that Rudy would leave her alone to go travel the world in search for his mother. Which is why I feel very uneasy about the current situation. I'd hate to see something like the Dragon god appear, crush the house and murder Sylphie for whatever reason.

If I had to list the potential plot-driven elements:
    - finding his mom
    - finding a way back for Nanahoshi
    - becoming strong enough to fend off the Dragon God
    - possibly lift the Dragon God's curse
    - find out about Man God's motif for helping Rudy
    - coming to help the princess and her strife for the throne
    - someone needs help (could be his father, could be Eris)

Honestly, I'd kinda of love a repeat of the teleportation event. Except this time Rudy is strong and he'd furiously try to figure out who's behind it.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

A wedding deserves a reception and all, so I can't fault that.

But whenever I remember that Rudy's taking time off finding his mum to go fix his dick for year, I just have to disagree with his priorities.

Deeply boring.

Bring back the more interesting female leads. They had character flaws aside from "being shy." Being demure simply isn't interesting at all. Roxy's confidence issues rooted in her disability and age or Eris in general have the potential to be something other than mind-numbing.

There's a stunning lack of any narrative conflict or remotely interesting character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Deeply boring.
    Very much this.

Episode 15:

That was a good episode. One could complain that a whole episode on the magic circle might have been too much, but it is a very important spell. And I love how it came together nicely from the previous episodes with the doll and all.

Rujierd returning is super nice, and Norn and Aisha will make the family life in that house more fun, too.

Sylphie also established that Rudy is free to bang other chicks, lol.

Nah, that was a jolly episode and I'm looking forward to next week.

My biggest fear is that we're approaching some shock-twist, like someone suddenly getting killed. :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Oh, so Rudy isn't going to be finding his mum. Between what was revealed this episode and the OP, it looks like Paul's party is going to find mum instead, and then they're going to summon Rudy when they need his firepower or something.

I'm going to have to adjust my expectations because I was so looking forward to adventuring again. Guess I'll have to enjoy Aisha's antics instead. I bet most of the next arc is going to be about getting Norn to warm up to Rudy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I bet most of the next arc is going to be about getting Norn to warm up to Rudy though.
    Knowing Rudy, this is going to end up leading to some siscon shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Episode 15:
    Nah, that was a jolly episode and I'm looking forward to next week.
    Agreed. This is the kind of slow progress I can get behind, instead of the issues last season that felt like they never integrated with anything outside of the same episode in which they appeared. Big improvement over previous week and huge improvement from last season overall.

Nanahoshi had her isolated little setback and crisis, but learning through the assistance of the others that she was severely limiting herself allowed her to make a huge breakthrough in the biggest mystery the series currently has going.

It also resulted in her dropping her reserved and secretive attitude. She still wants to go home, but she's taken a big step in accepting help from others and the corresponding results were very significant. She's no longer actively disengaged from the world she's found herself in. Which was a nice parallel to young Rudeus in season 1 who didn't want to leave the property. He's correctly situated to know how to support Nanahoshi in her own struggle, which is an actually good application of character development and callbacks.

If Nanahoshi had been a PC nerd before getting summoned, she would have automatically known about layering. Most PC components need to use multi-layer PCBs, after all.

But yes, the doll playing a significant role in this was quality writing, since at a first glance the two things had nothing to do with each other. But if you think about it, the doll would definitely require complicated magic circuits since its operations are not based on a soul being bound to a doll body, to power and control it. Naturally it all required Zanoba being adamant about saving it from destruction, due to his love for figures/dolls.

Rudeus's little sisters are necessary for the story, as long as Rudeus doesn't hit the road. He actually had absolutely nothing going on anymore, for himself personally, if you think about it. With Norn and Aisha there, Rudeus actually has something to do. Of course he could have kept helping others, but that would be pretty stale before long, as he already has helped them plenty, as it is. If they continuously kept relying on him, it would render them inept. Fortunately as it is, they aren't. In fact all of his friends have specific fields where they are worlds above Rudeus. That makes a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Knowing Rudy, this is going to end up leading to some siscon shit.
    This arc will end when Norn comes to accept Rudy's pansu shrine I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    This arc will end when Norn comes to accept Rudy's pansu shrine I reckon.
    Even Sylphie doesn't know about it, I believe. I suppose it wouldn't be overly charming in the new wife's eyes to learn the husband worships another woman's underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Even Sylphie doesn't know about it, I believe. I suppose it wouldn't be overly charming in the new wife's eyes to learn the husband worships another woman's underwear.
    I imagine if he explained it as "it's the only physical momento I have of the person that taught me magic as a child", she'd probably wave it off as one of his quirks.