Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Anime Season Spring 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    That series is about court scheming, politics, trade, governance, spying, and such. If it was shoujo/josei, the female MC actually wouldn't be doing 10% of all the stuff she's doing now, having instead dudes all around her doing the stuff for her.
    You really need to start reading A Stepmother's Märchen and more modern josei/shoujo. They're not all passive otome game style with men throwing themselves at the protagonist. Looking into it further, KakaoPage that hosts the series, is almost entirely shoujo. But it certainly isn't a series that I'd call a shoujo anyway, definitely josei. Yes, it is a redo series and not a isekai, but all the same.

For example, Margaret as a shoujo magazine has always been full of active leads.

Do we really not have a thread for Zombieland Saga? I was sure we discussed the first season. Anyway, just watched episode 1 of Season 2, the first half was whatever, but the second half managed to get to the sweet spot.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    double post

I'm pretty sure the search-function in this forum is busted and doesn't work anymore. I can basically not find anything at all if it's a little older.
    Or maybe the standard setting has something enabled that I'm not seeing that prevents it from finding anything you actually want - like a timespan or something.
    Last edited by Kraco; Fri, 04-09-2021 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Double posting

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    double post

I'm pretty sure the search-function in this forum is busted and doesn't work anymore. I can basically not find anything at all if it's a little older.
    Or maybe the standard setting has something enabled that I'm not seeing that prevents it from finding anything you actually want - like a timespan or something.
    Not busted from what I can tell, just doesn't work the way you think it should. Like it searches posts, not thread titles (unless I'm mistaken), it's why when I create a thread I try to include both Japanese and English titles in the OP, so that the quick search function finds it. It's also why I try to include both as well in the thread title, but for Google optimization purposes.

In any case, doesn't seem like Zombieland was discussed in this forum... unless we lost the thread.

Man...this season is like a ghost town compared to last season.

The first episode of this "Full Dive" isekai or whatever was actually fun.
    I wonder how it will go from there, since I haven't even read the anichart article about it I didn't know what I was getting into and I was actually really shocked when the player got his first "title".

I wonder how the NPCs will react and more importantly, how that virtual childhood friend will be included in future episodes.
    MCs VA was doing a good job too imho.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Man...this season is like a ghost town compared to last season.
    You mean you havent found anything you like? Or lack of new threads? I'm still waiting to watch some 1st or 2nd episodes before deciding that an anime is worthy a thread here. :>

Nagatoro episode 1:

Dropped.

That's straight forward bullying. Nothing fun about it. Takagi-san was fun because it was clear that both enjoy each other's presence. The same isnt true here and I dont care about future developments. If this wasnt from the comedy-genre but drama, the boy would kill himself after that severe bullying. Fuck Nagatoro. I guess it's not a good idea to have interest in an anime only because some youtuber hyped it up. Shit series.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    That's straight forward bullying. Nothing fun about it. Takagi-san was fun because it was clear that both enjoy each other's presence. The same isnt true here and I dont care about future developments. If this wasnt from the comedy-genre but drama, the boy would kill himself after that severe bullying. Fuck Nagatoro.
    While I certainly don't get the appeal of the "teasing" genre as a whole (just like NTR...why?!), Nagatoro-san does actually seem to be one the better examples out of them. So I do sort of understand all the hype and fuss about it now.

You missed the very obvious signs that Nagatoro-san likes her Senpai quite a bit in the first half of the episode alone. She waited for her friends to leave, she quietly looked at his manga draft, she obviously read the whole thing to show some level of interest, she tried to trick him into flirting with her right away, and when he failed and started to break down, she wiped his tears away and asked him to keep her handkerchief as a gift and then was surprised and blushed when he washed it and returned it. That's all in the opening segment. None of that stuff is strictly bully behavior.

She keeps seeking him out solo. Bullies work in packs for support, strength, and tests of loyalty. Especially girls.

She's clearly incapable of handling her feelings, and defaults to well...that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    While I certainly don't get the appeal of the "teasing" genre as a whole (just like NTR...why?!), Nagatoro-san does actually seem to be one the better examples out of them. So I do sort of understand all the hype and fuss about it now.

You missed the very obvious signs that Nagatoro-san likes her Senpai quite a bit in the first half of the episode alone. She waited for her friends to leave, she quietly looked at his manga draft, she obviously read the whole thing to show some level of interest, she tried to trick him into flirting with her right away, and when he failed and started to break down, she wiped his tears away and asked him to keep her handkerchief as a gift and then was surprised and blushed when he washed it and returned it. That's all in the opening segment. None of that stuff is strictly bully behavior.

She keeps seeking him out solo. Bullies work in packs for support, strength, and tests of loyalty. Especially girls.

She's clearly incapable of handling her feelings, and defaults to well...that.
    He cried, ffs. And we got to hear his mind. He was in deep, severe distress. It wasnt fun for him AT ALL.

Come the fuck on ...

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    one on one bullying exists, even girls vs boys. Been there...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Well I'm going to keep watching it.

Half an episode was more interesting from a character development perspective than two entire episodes of Uzaki-chan, aka, the most two-dimensional and intensely boring pair that possibly exists...(edit: and I stomached an entire season and a half of Umaru-chan, which while not a "teasing" series, had the same vibe with a whiny spoiled brat).

Nagatoro episode 1:

Dropped.

That's straight forward bullying. Nothing fun about it. Takagi-san was fun because it was clear that both enjoy each other's presence. The same isnt true here and I dont care about future developments. If this wasnt from the comedy-genre but drama, the boy would kill himself after that severe bullying. Fuck Nagatoro. I guess it's not a good idea to have interest in an anime only because some youtuber hyped it up. Shit series.
    I dropped Takagi-san at some point because I got annoyed by the dude never ever winning a single match of any kind, at least not in a manner where he would have realised he won, since he and Takagi were kind of playing different games. It's funny that if you have a look at the spin-off manga with the two living as a married couple with a kid, Nishikata is actually outwardly showing signs of PTSD.

It's pretty obvious to me already that I'll watch Nagatoro till the end.

I like tsundere, and Nagatoro obviously has interest in MC... it'll most likely lead to change in MCs behavior too.
    I'm pretty sure he'll get back at her at some point too. The first episode already felt like it would build up to something like that, and even did already - a little.
    And that's where the 'dere' part will kick in. All in all I can already tell that this is most likely just a facade. It's anata baka to the extreme, basically. She seems to be written as a character that would get completely destroyed if Senpai actually told her or saw her do something slightly embarassing, or simply be a bit pushy. At least for a momet - a true Tsundere, as mentioned earlier.

And lets be honest here, Senpai meeting up with Nagatoro will actually do him good and we already see that Nagatoro doesn't truely want to hurt him and even adressed Senpais inability to stand up for himself or to even get angry at something..

In fact, so far I'm looking forward to that show the most out of all the ones I've started this season.
    I'll probably start a thread in 1 or 2 more episodes if they remain as good as the first one.

Let's take a look at their interaction and what has happened.

First the manga-reenacting, her taunting him afterwards for not being able to go through with it
    Then him drawing stuff, her taunting his inability to go through with, or rather, to do it properly, wussing out on some parts.
    Both of these scenes included Senpai's hobbys and even then, he didn't have enough selfesteem to do or to stand up for what he likes, or to do it properly.
    And then that very last scene were she told/asked him that he never gets angry about anything.
    That scene itself also showed that she doesn't really want to actually "destroy" him mentally or anything.

I think these interactions were rather well "hidden" and tell a story behind the facade of a "weekly episode of character A messing with character B"-story... and that's quite interesting and I'll look forward to how the characters will change over time.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 04-10-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    You can sugarcoat it as much as you want, or expect what you want of what might happen next.
    But this first ep was just simple and hard psychological bullying.
    And nope, she's not a therapist trying to point his shortcomings and help him sort them out.
    She's depicted as a malevolent person harrassing him, even the art is quite awfull in a very expressive and clear way.

I don't care if she becomes a better person down the line. She is a bully now and she's dangerous now.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    You can sugarcoat it as much as you want, or expect what you want of what might happen next.
    And nope, she's not a therapist trying to point his shortcomings and help him sort them out.
    She's depicted as a malevolent person harrassing him, even the art is quite awfull in a very expressive and clear way.

I don't care if she becomes a better person down the line. She is a bully now and she's dangerous now.
    THank you. Feels really bizarre when people here defend her behavior. There just wasnt anything positive to what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post

The first ep was just some messing around. If that's considered bullying already, people have to man up.
    MC is a wuss and he will die alone and secluded if this keeps up.
    And I don't think a bully would point it out the way she did and confronting MC with his own behaviour like that and even point out herself that she has been pretty mean/messing with him if she didn't care.

You don't have to be a therapist to help people. It doesn't even have to be intentional in the first place.
    And you saying she isn't helping him is just you saying it, but not actually what has happened in the episode itself, where she clearly did point it out and MC clearly acted accordingly to what is being laid out about him (Avoiding any confrontation whatsoever, not saying anything, not even clearly stating that she should get lost if he didn't like it)
    The times where he mustered up courage, Nagatoro was shown to be visibly happy about it too.

During the drawing scene, where Nagatoro sat there for like several hours until he got over himself and decided to draw her.
    Or when he wanted her name, for example.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 04-11-2021 at 06:42 AM.

THank you. Feels really bizarre when people here defend her behavior. There just wasnt anything positive to what she did.
    If you're both going to ignore the tsundere clues, then that's on you. KrayZ33 and I both spelled them out.

The first ep was just some messing around. If that's considered bullying already, people have to man up.
    He even noted the difference between how she's bullying him and how it went in the past. She's making him look at her, and softens up when he tries to retreat.

There's definitely mutual stuff going on. Her blush intensifies differently when she's harassing him and when she's trying to trick him into flirting, only to cover it up with more teasing.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 04-11-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    If you're both going to ignore the tsundere clues, then that's on you. KrayZ33 and I both spelled them out.
    I'll ignore these "tsundere clues" as much as the protagonist did when he broke down crying. Thank you.

"Man up" - wow, pls never have children.

Since Nagatoro discussion should probably go to its own thread, I'll flip this a little then to bring it back up to a higher level:

Why do people like Uzaki-chan and hate Nagatoro-san? Why did people like Uzaki-chan at all?. I can't seem to find a good answer for the latter. Searching anywhere on other forums (since we don't have a thread) and youtube comments...the overwhelming majority of viewers seemed to say this:
    1) Uzaki-chan is set in a university setting.
    Oh wow, what a great reason. It's not a common setting, sure, but that's a terrible reason. There's better university rom-coms, there's really good high school ones, but there's good office ones too. They drink twice in the series. Oh wow. Love Hina was set in high school and university ronin ages, there's tons of underage drinking in the manga, and coincidentally, it is also a tsundere series and hasn't aged that well.

But most people say this one (and I assume they're actually directly related):
    2) They see themselves in Shinichi "Blando McBlando" Sakurai, who's defining traits are: resting bitch face, introvert, and likes doing alone hobbies like playing video games. Slacker style clothing.
    Don't take a degree in literature to see why the anime watching demographic is drawn to the series when this is the explanation they give. Vicariously living through male lead.

Like any dating-sim, a lot of viewers are putting themselves in the protagonist's place. One series, 'you' are an introvert that you immediately relate to because O.M.G "That's just like me!" who is being showered with attention from an annoying but attentive extrovert with big boobs. The other, 'you' are being bullied for being meek to the point that 'you' break down to tears.

I don't insert myself in fiction characters. Ever. That's why Uzaki-chan is boring as fuck with no character development to speak of, and Nagatoro-san is actually interesting.