Thread: Shaman King (2021)

Shaman King (2021)

On a starry night, middle-schooler Manta meets Yoh Asakura, a young shaman who has the ability to talk to spirits, and also has the ability to let them possess him to use their powers. Yoh has a heavy duty on his shoulders: he must become the Shaman King by winning the Shaman Fight, a tournament between shamans that happens only once every 500 years. Joined by his spirit medium fiancée Anna Kyōyama, his personal samurai spirit Amidamaru, and his other friends, Yoh must also face a larger evil: Hao, a powerful man who aims to create a new world with only shamans by becoming the Shaman King himself.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=23413

From what I understand, the Shaman King (2021) remake should be more faithful to the manga which at some point diverted from the source. I know plenty of the original VAs are returning, haven't confirmed again which again, but I think a lot of the sprit ones returned. Hopefully Anna's did as well.

I see it's slated for 52 episodes, not sure how long the manga was, but maybe they'll rush through some events, particularly in the early going?

In any case, will be watching just because of nostalgia at the very least.

I think this series will be fansubbed, I'm waiting a bit to see who'll be doing a decent job of it to get that release.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Seeing it is 52 episodes got me more excited than the first episode did, that's for sure. I always have these weird preconceptions about late 90's shounen manga that makes me group them with HxH and One Piece or Naruto in structure. This was from a time before modern sensibilities, like the Usa no toro(sp) anime or the puppet one from a couple years back. You really just gotta let the characters and setting seep in, you gotta put in the time to invest or it will fall flat. I'm going to give this at least 10 episodes, never having seen nor read it before, but I recognize the name, so I hope it gets more interesting.

It needs 52 episodes. Without going into any details, the manga never really picked up until volume 4.

Do not give this series only three episodes.