Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 86: Eighty-Six

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Sounds like a recap.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    The nations are quite as big as I thought, if it is 100km to the railgun, it wouldn't be that far between Giad and San Magnolia really. These countries are honestly kinda tiny? (edit: Seriously, Tokyo and Kyoto are further apart than Giad and San Magnolia.)
    I asked somewhere else and people replied that I was mistaken about where the distances were from.

San Magnolia's capital is about 600-700 straight-line kilometers away from Giad's capital, if the anime map is to scale.

That's still not very far for Americans...but okay. That's a full day of driving which seems like nothing to me.

I just went to check out whether the source material has been completed yet, and I learned that

1) they're still ongoing.

2) we're still way early (like... book 2).

I've heard we just started volume 3. Most LN readers state they were quite pleased that the previous season added so much meat to volume 1.

But yeah, there's like 8.

Hopefully we get a few more cours out of this.

ep 17.5

--------------

The most exciting part was the model kit reveals. I like the Juggernaut better. The thin legs brings bring out the glass cannon feed.

Eps 18
    ------------

It's a really good thing that Frederica is a fairly good-natured 10 year old and not a vicious, manipulative monarch. Her esper ability gives her exactly the history she needs to cut deeply into anyone she's talking to and voice their most harbored insecurities right to their face. She tore right through Shinei about his brother and he was starting to crack. I can only imagine what her ancestors did with that power.

I guess we also got confirmation that the General doesn't racistly hate the 86ers, though his subordinates sure as shit do. Wenzel also got a little more backstory so we learned why she wants to protect them so badly, but also why she isn't going to fight them, cry, or scream in an attempt to stop them once they've made their decisions to go to the front lines.

I do not know if ekranoplans were ever used on land IRL because of the danger when something goes wrong. And immediately after the launch would kind of explain why.

edit: The series has been seeing some increasing production issues. There's another recap immediately. Sounds like we're unlikely to see the end of this arc this season.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 11-21-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Question: How much cargo space does Fido have?

Answer: enough for one Frederica.

Yeah, the ammo cases are very large.

The moment that Anzu and Kurena mentioned Frederica had barricaded herself in her room in protest, someone, maybe even Wenzel should have said, "she's probably already on the plane but we can't change our schedule to search for her."

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I asked somewhere else and people replied that I was mistaken about where the distances were from.

San Magnolia's capital is about 600-700 straight-line kilometers away from Giad's capital, if the anime map is to scale.

That's still not very far for Americans...but okay. That's a full day of driving which seems like nothing to me.
    700km is roughly the route you have to *drive* from Berlin to Vienna
    Or Berlin <> Amsterdam
    Or Berlin <> Warsaw

etc. etc.
    Seems like Europe to me and completely normal.

Episode 19

--------------------

Hoh...

1) Legion boss is actively protection Shin - or at least preventing him from totally being disintegrated. Do they just want his head, or do they want him for something else? "Your weapon is likely to be fatal" - bit late now when you just fired a fucking shit at him before..

2) While Legion command is absolute, they don't seem to be complete zombies. Those heads aren't just yelling emotions but seem to be reacting and thinking. Having the pride to just not confirm a death when ordered isn't a zombie braindead response. There's still a kill switch to reset their emotions though it seems.

3) Kurena actually locked on to Shin to snap him out of it.

4) Nyaa

Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 12-04-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Adorable Frederica flashbacks.

Finally some more backstory on Wenzel, who I can't help but like, especially with her death flagging all the way to the reveal of her survival by the other jerk guy.

The action was good too.

But the scene stealers were the President declaring his authority and not allowing them to pussy out after committing to this plan and furthermore the ideals of his country, and of course Frederica.

Frederica declaring that she was the hostage to keep them from killing themselves in battle was good stuff. Especially the little hint of a waver in her eyes and the corner of her mouth that the 86ers very well might continue to rage away until they finally die in battle and doom her as well. I love the way she's imperiously commanding them to live. They're agreeing with her, but Shin actually needs it.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    2) While Legion command is absolute, they don't seem to be complete zombies. Those heads aren't just yelling emotions but seem to be reacting and thinking. Having the pride to just not confirm a death when ordered isn't a zombie braindead response. There's still a kill switch to reset their emotions though it seems.
    I'll take the Mass Effect logic of (paraphrased) "any mental coercion, no matter how minor, reduces cognitive capacity". Those juicy neurons can't be entirely separated from the brain, so some personality and individuality remain? I like that they gave themselves code names- it's like a robot brain club.

Nice dirty trick to lure out an assault by ditching the damaged howitzer legion in the open to bombard the suicide squad sent to destroy it, though I'm not sure what tactical significance targeting them provided? That also begs the question of how much construction capacity the legion has, and why aren't there 12 more morphos in production or on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    That also begs the question of how much construction capacity the legion has, and why aren't there 12 more morphos in production or on the field?
    There might very well be, they're just lacking good Processors. The Legion core wants Shin's head intact very, very badly, presumably based on intel from his brother's head and his current performance against Legion units.

no episode again?

Better than half arsed crap but still..

Eps 21

-----------

They did the thing (it looks like everyone is presumed dead again).

And due to the production fuck ups, the last two episodes are going to be in March.

Hmm, yeah, I think they're alive. I have no proof, I'm just hoping so, because I like them and there's a lot of material left. I like Raiden as the reliable big brother.

I think that's the Major chiming in there. Yellow is standard radio communication while Red is silence. Green was the colour of their telepathic link, and I think the green moments are crosstalk where the headset picks up the Major's transmissions.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I'll count this as finished, because the cutoff was so to my taste. Let me believe they actually died for a few months.

What is the connection between Shin, the Morpho AI and Shin's brother? Was Fredrica daydreaming they'd be besties if they got to live together in the service, or were they actually related somehow? I admit I didn't follow a lot of what was implied about how her vanguard died when her regime was overturned, ect, so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed some important details.

They didn't know each other. It's a montage of what Frederica assumed they'd have done if they knew each other. Then the brother and Kiri moved on since they died, and transferred the duty to keep Frederica safe to Shin.

Kiriya was a Nouzen too. All three actually are related somehow in the same family tree.

Yes. I should clarrify that while I said they didn't know each other (since they don't recognise each other, and the brothers were 86ers prior to coming to this new country), they are Nouzens. I get the impression that special powers run in that family tree, but I'm unclear about whether they're an established bodyguard family or not.