Thread: Peachboy Riverside

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Peachboy Riverside

260790.jpg

* Based on a fantasy shounen manga written by Cool Kyoushinja and drawn by Yohane.

Saltorine Ardalake, or Sally, is a bright, cheerful princess who wants to go on an adventure because she is bored of her tiny little castle in the countryside. One day, a hoard of vicious demons known as "Oni" come knocking on her doorstep, threatening the lives of everyone in the Kingdom. Thankfully, they are saved by a lone traveler named Kibitsu Mikoto who slays these monsters with a mysterious "Peach Eye". Shocked by the dangers of the outside world, Sari decides to set off on a journey of her own. Little did she know that she will set in motion a chain of events that will come to determine the fate of this magical world.

Source: M-U

Genre(s): Fantasy, Action

Absolute gutter trash. Do you like edgy teenagers smiling in the face of danger while effortlessly killing supremely powerful beings? This is the kind of anime that makes me feel old. Its hard to get into color-by-numbers fantasy action with big boobs, bigger laser beams, physics defying action (non)choreography and an insipid mystery backdrop. It was painful, but perhaps you might find something worthwhile here?

Apparently, there are two consumption styles for this show. One TV station is allegedly airing the episodes in chronological order, while all of the others are following the way the studio provides the episodes (en medias res or the like). An interesting experiment, and about the most interesting this about Peachboy Riverside...

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I didn't know about the chronlogical order thing. Right now things appear to be in chronological order so presumably I'm watching that one right now.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Ecchi, whatever. Gore, whatever. I'm really enjoying the overall vibe of this series and the premise it's set up.

Momotaro is really overused in parody and side story chapters of other series. It makes sense, it's one of Japan's most famous folklore stories. But the idea that there was more than one peach floating down that river is a really fun variant.

We've got the legit Momotaro who as he's grown up, has developed a real case of bloodlust for demons, and enjoys tormenting them in whatever worst way he can come up with on the spot. A very simple but absolute stance. It is interesting that he's only got the dog left. Is his cruelty related to the absence of the monkey and pheasant?

On the other side we have Sally, who shares that bloodlust at times, but is also a much more moderate stance. She happily makes peace where she can find it, and only loses her shit at those who commit violence or hold extreme positions. Sally's busy building her own party to reflect her stance, and she even has a crippled demon in it. Along with a bunny and a good natured moron. Sally is even more interesting considering she's a runaway big-titty formerly-twintailed princess from that brief flashback.

Now with episode 3, there's a great spectrum of grey. Not all ogres are evil and some even openly want peace with the humans for their own reasons, while not all of the heroes are "gallant of heart."

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Apparently, there are two consumption styles for this show. One TV station is allegedly airing the episodes in chronological order, while all of the others are following the way the studio provides the episodes (en medias res or the like). An interesting experiment, and about the most interesting this about Peachboy Riverside...
    I can see why the studio went for in media res. The chronological first episode (this eps 4) is really weak compared to the first Frau episode.

Faceplanted rabbit was what sucked me in.

Episode 5

--------

Now it really feels like they've skipped an episode or even two.

It never jumped back to Sally's decision between the Mikoto and Sumeragi. I don't know if we were supposed to have already known that Frau knows Atla or not, but it felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Episode 5

--------

Now it really feels like they've skipped an episode or even two.

It never jumped back to Sally's decision between the Mikoto and Sumeragi. I don't know if we were supposed to have already known that Frau knows Atla or not, but it felt like it.
    I think the Frau/Atla relationship is supposed to be a surprise, otherwise her "death" would have felt inconsequential right from the beginning.

"You've died twice this year already" lol.

To be honest, she shouldn't have used the term "What are you doing here, this is heaven you know?"

She knows. She's died twice this year already.

Episode 08

-------------------------

How the hell did Todoriki figure Hawthorne to be Peach Boy?

Sumeragi might be mixed blood, or something completely different.

This show does the whole Perfect Boobs thing so well, and Winnie's the best of them.

They should have just aired it in normal order. If anything, this ordering was actually less climatic than the chronological one.

The director has a horrible track record.