Thread: Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore

255116.jpg

* Based on a comedy fantasy light novel series written by Kennoji and illustrated by Matsuuni.

Frustrated with his dead-end job and life, Reiji suddenly realized one day that he was transported to an alternate world. The skill he picks up there is the skill of making medicine. He is disappointed not to have a combat skill, but the potions he makes become popular overnight, and he opens a drugstore with the money he accumulated. And so, Reiji enjoys a slow life made possible with his skill, catering to clients who come to his store.

Source: ANN

Genre(s) Slice of life, Fantasy (isekai)

Talk about the thinnest of isekai; I think there was one or maybe two small off-hand references that Reiji is even from our world, and it is never shown (his transfer or previous life), so you could be forgiven for thinking this was regular fantasy. It completely skips what little acclimation is typically in these shows, and jumps straight to Gary Stu saving the world with his knowledge of ours...

You'd have to read the summery to understand how he is skilled with 'medicine', or rather this series very loose interpretation of medicine (dish soap?), because none of that is explained in the two episodes released so far. It's a different kind of power fantasy, but not particularly interesting on concept alone.

I whine about all of that to throw in the curve ball: this was really entertaining! The cute wolf girl and ghost compliment the main character without fawning over him, and the other cast has just enough depth of character to be memorable. Honestly, that is kind of needed (and oft neglected) when the overpowered main character has such a 'nice guy' personality that they are typically boring to watch. The jokes mostly hit and guessing what houseware he's concocting now hasn't gotten old yet. Recommended.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Still a fun watch, and I wanted to chime in that I laughed maybe a little bit more than was strictly necessary at Noel's hairy sausage tail stump this episode. That is all.