Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    So, Roroa is a gold digger. Although I suppose she might be the hidden agent unifying Amidonian rebels against the waste-of-skin prince (although the finances minister was thanked for that).
    I'm pretty sure she was. They were both shown meeting with her a few episodes ago.

What exactly can she offer?
    Legitimacy maybe? Even if the people asked for it, he still gained the country through rebellion. Marrying a member of the royal family clears up any succession complications.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I'm pretty sure she was. They were both shown meeting with her a few episodes ago.

Legitimacy maybe? Even if the people asked for it, he still gained the country through rebellion. Marrying a member of the royal family clears up any succession complications.
    The problem is that she represent the old, oppressive royal family that was thrown out. Although she might be the single "different" member in the eyes of those who know more, in the eyes of the mobs she would just be a member of the hated family. So, if she becomes the wife of the new king, wouldn't the masses fear that nothing will change as the old royals found a way to keep themselves afloat? Of course Souma's charisma and new methods have already proven themselves, but I still think Roroa might not be an advantage in Amidonia, under the current situation.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Roroa was able to move several leaders/areas behind the scenes. So she still has value as an amidonian leader.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Roroa was able to move several leaders/areas behind the scenes. So she still has value as an amidonian leader.
    She would have value as a non-opponent. That is, if Souma kicks her out, she could potentially cause trouble. However, Amidonia already peacefully transferred under Elfrieden rule, so what could Roroa offer anymore in the future? Amidonia is already under control, and the people there feel like Souma will give them a much better life. He doesn't anymore need any help to win those people over. He just needs to treat them fairly, solve the food issue, and not tax them to death. Those are things he has handled in the past successfully as it is. I'd say Roroa has to bring something concrete onto the table, not simply her former position as an Amidonian princess. Souma has no use whatsoever for her (former) status or titles. He even keeps insisting he's, himself, nothing but an acting king. He's sticking to his non-kingly, regular clothes as well to underline it, except for rare, very formal occasions.

The problem is that she represent the old, oppressive royal family that was thrown out. Although she might be the single "different" member in the eyes of those who know more, in the eyes of the mobs she would just be a member of the hated family. So, if she becomes the wife of the new king, wouldn't the masses fear that nothing will change as the old royals found a way to keep themselves afloat?
    We don't really know what the masses think of Roroa. Do they hate the entire family? Or just the ones that ran the kingdom shittily.

Amidonia already peacefully transferred under Elfrieden rule
    So far. Loyalist forces have a tendency of trying to retake control down the road. Julius is not dead or captured. He's still out there and I doubt he considers this transfer of power to be legitimate. Especially since Souma has no hereditary claim to the throne.

Marriage to Roroa would pretty much undermine any remaining complaint Julius could make to gain support from the nobles.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 02-20-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Thankfully they didn't spend too much more time with deadpan girl this episode; she sounds like she needs a nap anyway.

Boastful Bishoujo quasi-loli? Add Roroa to the harem spice rack.

On the one hand, I wish we got to see more of Julius' desperately clinging to power as his people rebelled, but at the same time, there wasn't much more spectacle to be had, and not animating or detailing more battles is waaaay cheaper than a few nobles walking, bowing, and delivering bad news, so that Elfrieden can more quickly annex Amidonia. I think he got more speaking lines in the post war negotiations before being shoo-ed off than he did in ruling his country, for the brief time he did.

I'm glad they did a reader's digest version of the theology state and the cold land with a reminder of the mercenary state to set the stage, and give some context as to what Elfrieden would be taking on, geopolitically. That Amidonia does have some top shelf trade worthy industries, like the wool makers should be a good boon as well. And we get a minister of finance (I'm surprised they didn't already have one).

Will Souma have another dinner-with-a-close-shave party for the nobles of this region as well?

Episode 21

- - -- --

If you must suffer a harem, you might as well take advantage of it. It's about the time the dude starts looking at the girls.

Souma... if you can't believe someone from this world would invent mass media advertisement, I can't believe you haven't used it yet having known about it all along...

New wife is, begrudgingly, probably the best wife by virtue of having the most personality in such a short time. Strange that she didn't consider that, even though she isn't interested in succession, her children may be...

Did Souma really have to have a zoom call about a glaring long standing but unused loophole in the mankind declaration/accord? It is worded pretty poorly, for legally binding stipulation. Scenes like this really stretch believability, but at least they established earlier that some unbeknownst force may be preventing these denizens from ever considering other perspectives (what do you mean animals and beast people are similar to you?).

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    Souma... if you can't believe someone from this world would invent mass media advertisement, I can't believe you haven't used it yet having known about it all along...
    In his defense, he only invented TV a couple weeks ago.

I thought it was mentioned he had been king for over a year at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I thought it was mentioned he had been king for over a year at this point.
    He has got no time to spare to come up with any extra ideas. He even moved his bed to his office so that he wouldn't lose a couple of minutes every day in walking between a bedchamber and an office. Considering that, it's believable he didn't think of revenue from ads. He only needed the communication orbs for two things: public announcements/propaganda and communication with the saint empress. After that was done, he was done with the things.

Episode 22

- - - - - -- -

This was actually a somewhat decent attempt to address the question of slavery in an isekai series. Generally speaking I've dropped a number of isekai series because I was too annoyed by the isekai author's love of slaves, so it's pretty nice to see a series where there's a believable path to abolishing the whole thing. Of course the other acceptable route is the isekaied person simply accepting things are as they are and there's no easy way around it, so they would just personally avoid it but not try to change the whole world miraculously. Unfortunately in isekai, more often than not, the MC will just collect a harem of slaves who are mysteriously overjoyed to be slaves.

Episode 23

- - - -- --

When drugs and criminals suddenly just disappear, you know Souma took a page or two from Duterte's textbook.

This was possibly the second most boring episode of the series. I understand how a web or light novel author could write multiple pages about stuff like this, but it shouldn't end up in the anime adaptation in an equally long form.

Episode 24

- - -- - - -

An episode that wasn't boring for a chance. Not that there would have been much action, it was mostly talking, but at least the talk wasn't idealistic or naive. That's something going for this show, at the very least, although naivety hasn't been entirely avoided and complicated problems are sometimes solved too easily. But this time Souma used his power to present an ultimatum that was necessary and realistic, considering the circumstances. One thing helping him is that back in those days, prior to industrialisation and automatisation, workforce was everything. As long as there's no food crisis (and sheer land insufficiency), there can basically not be too many people because everything and anything needs to be done by hand, very inefficiently by even semi-modern standards. Obviously basic labour is also extremely cheap under such conditions.

He should listen to the princess, though, if he indeed has now accepted his new reality and isn't just thinking about how to get back home.

I mean, I thought it was a PRETTY boring episode.

More talking heads than usual, if that were possible. I think 85% of this episode took place in the same tent; that must have saved on background art. Season 3 ain't gonna fund itself, apparently.

Refugees are an interesting thing to tangle with. Displaced people from a foreign war makes it impossible to concretely assign 'blame', and therefor a degree of compassion is expected. While I would personally prefer the Empire's plan to give land to the tribe to develop, Souma's ultimatum could be interesting as well. It apparently has spurred at least some of the homesick to return to the front lines and contribute to the war effort, so that is a small bonus.

This makes me think this show's politics and intrigue will get much more complex and interesting once the demon army/invasion is folded in more prominently.

Lucia may be the most capable assassin on the continent if she actually convinces Souma to become a first time parent in the midst of his already overburdened bureaucratic lifestyle.

I'd say Souma saw the weaknesses in the Empire's plan quite well. While it might seem generous to give the refugees a whole piece of land to make their own, basically, it's not so easy in practice. Turning wilderness into a fertile farming village takes a lot of effort and resources, even if you had all the know-how. Furthermore, if the refugees had still remained refugees, their status within the country would have continued to be ambiguous. That would have been especially annoying for Souma, a person from a modern society. After the next generation had grown up, the split within the community would have been very drastic.

Souma might have forced a harsh decision upon the refugees, but if we assume the demons aren't going anywhere, it was definitely the best thing for those folks. Instead of living half-assedly, hoping to one day return to their homeland, they can now dedicate themselves to building a new life, possibly even better than the old one. And like Souma said, if the demons are vanquished and the refugees want to drop their new life and return to their old one, nobody will stop them. In the meantime, getting fully integrated means they won't be second class people living in some underdeveloped corner of the kingdom.

Episode 25

Much of the episode was totally wasted. It would have been wasted even if Souma's various fetishes had been revealed, so when the scene was cut before that, it was no less wasted, obviously. Unless that scene somehow mysteriously plays a significant role later, I don't see much point in animating it. Not that it would have been the first scene in this series that shouldn't have ever survived the editing room. Scenes like that serve better the slow life type isekai series.

I thought this was the last ep, but I reckon there will be one more.

---

Oh fuck, does that count as a fireworks festival?!

I'd thought the king's instant abdication was a bit contrived/played as a joke. This explained that well.

Yeah. I have to say I'm extremely happy it wasn't due to a prophesy that the king immediately abdicated and handed all power to Souma. Of course considering the results this isn't any different, but the important thing is that it wasn't a prophesy, just an intense warning from a future self.

Those aristrocrats really were a nasty lot. You'd think they were communists or something, seeing how they wanted to see the country more or less destroyed, not just the king replaced.