Thread: Scott Pilgrim Takes Off

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off

This is anime as fuck. Japanese OP, and everyones' mouth animations make it look like it's been dubbed.

01-02

---

I'm really glad I rewatched the movie before I started watching this. Because that episode 1 ending was one hell of a subversion of expectations.

03-08

---

Thoroughly enjoyed this.

It's funny, because I realized that a lot of the stuff that seemed new to me that made me love the comic and the movie, has become...what Cartoon Network shows are now.

I started it with the expectation that it would be just a re-tread of the movie. and until the end of the first episode, it felt like that. I mean, why make a cartoon out of a movie that the whole point of it was making a cartoon in live action.

then the twist, which got me really excited. sure, let's have someone else lead the story.
    then the other twist, which I didn't like so much, it felt like we are going to back to safe grounds rather than having a different story.

I did enjoy this, it's novel, the fights are well animated (even if i didn't like how long they were), and it has songs by metric.

and yes, anime AF.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    then the twist, which got me really excited. sure, let's have someone else lead the story.
    Lol, yeah. When the 2nd episode was called 'A League of their Own' and the Exes started getting invites, I thought Scott's exes(Ramona, Knives, Envy, Kim) formed a League to avenge him.

They way they went with was still good though. The Exes get a lot more screentime and characterization. Lee and Roxy are especially great.