260377.jpg

"The magical girls of the Sanshu Middle School Hero Club have one goal: to make people smile whenever they can and to always help those in need. Through teamwork and the help of their magical powers, Yuuna, Mimori, Fuu, Itsuki, Karin and Sonoko have vanquished deadly Vertexes, recovered a missing friend and balanced their lives as magical girls and regular middle school students. Now a new adventure begins, one that will test their skills and their bond as friends alike.

Source: Sentai Filmworks"

Genre(s): Fantasy, Magical Girl

Not knowing that this was effectively the third season of this series, I accidentally watched the first two episodes blind. I think I like it better that way (not that I have time to go back to the older series anyway) as watching the soft hijinks give way to a somewhat somber and grim greater reality made this a bit more interesting. So, the (major) monsters are gone, and now any fit fighter girls left are just on cleanup, with new branding it seems, though they would rather enjoy youth instead. I could relate, but danger pushes everything forward, or rather backward into a flashback that felt like it covered a previous backstory arc of another season. I doubt this will get much discussion here, but I'll try to give it another episode or two. The animation, aside from some eyebrow raining CG, was lively and on point.