Thread: Megaton-kyuu Musashi

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Megaton-kyuu Musashi

263131.jpg

"In an ordinary town, there are people who live a peaceful and fulfilling life. But they don't know that it is a false peace. The untold truth... The earth has already been destroyed... 99.9% of the human race has been wiped out by a mysterious alien force from outer space. The enemy is named "Dracters." Eventually, a large hole was drilled in the earth and terraformed into a suitable environment for the aliens to live. Humans have no choice but to hide in shelters to escape their eyes. Waiting for the day of resurrection, which they do not know when it will come... The inhabitants of the shelter Ixia have had their memories of the day of destruction erased, and live a normal life without knowing anything about it. However, some of them, the "chosen ones," have become pilots, driving giant robots called "Rogue" and fighting against aliens. Today, another new pilot is selected...

Source: crunchyroll news"

Genre(s): Mecha

You know what this season was missing? Saturday morning cartoons! This ticks pretty much all of the boxes. Spunky protagonist who just can't stay out of trouble, his own Kuwabara- I mean, frenemy, and a giant mech to battle aliens with!

Super cheesy, but it turned out pretty well, all things considered. Fair animation, an an energy that really harkens back to irreverent weekend morning cartoons. Give it a shot.

Dropped after 20 seconds. The character design is abysmal. I know it's anime, but when you want to depict adult characters, giving Everyone a super child-like face is a total off-turn. Fuck off with that shit.

Adults looking like children is a problem in many anime as is, no need to further accentuate that. Really made me angry, because the plot sounded interesting.

I thought the adult characters looked like adults, and I'm not sure any were shown that early... Hope you find something you like better!

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I thought the adult characters looked like adults, and I'm not sure any were shown that early... Hope you find something you like better!
    https://honeysanime.com/wp-content/u...-Ichidaiji.png

Clearly looking like an adult :/

(And if you tell me that he's a teenager, then WTF is with his voice actor's choice who sounds like a 45 yo chain smoker?!)

He was living at home with his parents when the attack happened. Middle or high school age It looked like to me- standard anime stuff. He was fighting with delinquents in the street. That also serves to age him into adolescence. His voice sounded close enough for me. Still, I hope whatever you watch next does it better for you.