Thread: Gunjou no Fanfare

Gunjou no Fanfare

The story follows three 15-year-old boys who go to a prestigious horse racing academy to become jockeys. The three-year academy is 10 to 20 times harder to enter than most schools, and whoever wishes to enter must pass an academic, physical, and fitness test.

Formerly a member of an idol group winning fans and fame, Yuu Arimura sets out to meet what his heart desires after becoming enamored with horse racing. Having grown up on an island, Shun Kanami has always yearned to ride with horses. Amane Grace was born in England and is lost in the path his parents have set for him, but he still takes on his dream.
    --------------------------------

Episode 3:

Yeah, this anime is fun enough to keep me watching. Honestly, if you don't like the premise of horse races, I guess there's not a lot special here. A bunch of "charming" boys (and one girl!) learning to be jockeys.

It's light-hearted, not very complex, and follows a tried format. My big criticism is the same I have already voiced for other shows this season: The story seems to make so many jumps, skipping over stuff that would help flesh out the characters and the world, that it makes everything feel rather shallow. But there's where Hiroyuki Sawano's music helps cover for a bit.

By no means a masterpiece, but I currently have a cold and this made me get through another 20 minutes without being reminded of my painful coughing >_>

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

episode 5:

I find that whole drama with Yu's idol company totally dumb and contrieved. He's a teenage boy. Sure, I don't know about Japanese idol business, but I refuse to believe that some idol company can FORCE a teenage boy to continue being an idol, even blackmailing him with video footage like they did in this episode. Pure bs.

Hayato's problems seem weird, too. If he cannot continue as a jockey because of his height, why are they dragging this out? His dead should say "it's impossible" and Hayato is a smart enough character to understand the facts. If height is not a problem, however, then what's the issue? very weird, they could be clearer on the issue here.

episode 6:

almost dropped this anime. That fat blob ruins everything. There's no way it's legal that some CEO can decide about some boy's life to that degree, forcing him to do stuff, making official decision in his stead, and so on. On top of that, for all the so-called professionalism, that CEO is a fat blob. Why not eat like a normal person before forcing other people to do stuff, you fat sow? Makes me so angry, sorry.

Well, nothing much happened else.

episode 8:

lol, ich have no idea what this show is about anymore

The main character only appeared at the side, everyone is scattered somewhere else, and now there's a new female leader who's running the racing station. wat

And the episode ends alluding to some magical abilities actually existing, lol.

That is anime got Sawano music is the weirdest thing to happen this season.

episode 10:

I wonder what happened there, weird that nobody seemed to press on the issue. My theory: Kazanami correctly "heard" Kisuke's voice. However, the horse simply wasn't telling the truth, wanting to race one last time. So Kazanami, who's actually not that skilled in terms of veterinary examinations, had no chance to notice the ill leg of the horse. Ofc, it's bs that the chief caretaker of the stable didn't initiate an examination either way ("but what would the public think?" - uhm, that you care for your horses' health? duh). And then the female boss also went along with it, knowingly.

So ... was the horse literally killed afterwards? That's crass and shows, imo, Japan's disregard for living beings that aren't of use anymore. Maybe I'm unfair and it's the same in the USA, but I cannot imagine killing a horse that quickly without attempting to fix the leg. I know that some leg issues do require it, but most of the time its a matter of cost effectiveness, where it's too much effort to heal a horse's leg. Would have liked to get more information here.

Btw I thought about who this anime is for, and I arrived at: horse-loving fujoshi. But seriously, who was this anime made for, lol? It's such a niche topic, becoming jockeys in modern day Japan. That's such a limited life choice and doesn't even have the glamour and popularity it might have had 100 years ago. But it doesn't really deliver in any area. It's too shallow for horse lovers. It doesn't show "cute boys" enough to make it a show for rotten girls. And it's animation is rather on the bad side, so not watching it for the visuals either. I honestly think this anime has no right to exist for how niche its topic is. And then Sawano decides to make music for this, lol.