Thread: Healer Girl

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Healer Girl

269179.jpg

"The story is set in a world where three schools of medicine are pervasive: Western medicine, Eastern medicine, and "vocal medicine". The healing of illness and injuries via songs is a special technique that not only improves the mental health of patients, but also the mental health of doctors. Such "Healers" strive to sing when called upon to respond to the health and anxiety of patients and doctors alike. The anime depicts the healer girls in training at the Karasuma Vocal Medical Institute.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Slice of Life, Musical(!!!)

1-3

Well I'll be. An actual musical, and I don't mean "one short token song per episode" musical, either, but full blown Dr. Quinn the Broadway show. I can't appreciate the phonetics of the music, but the melody has a very stage show vibe to it, not unlike Disney insert songs. The premise is actually played kind of tight with strict regulations curbing the main girl's ability to sing for treatment, as they are still in training. Very fun, and toes the line between lighthearted and serious business when the scene demands it. I am really digging this the more I watch of it. A quality product, so far.

Another well constructed episode. First half of levity with subjecting the girls to gory slasher films to prepare their nerves for an operation room. Second half ups the ante with a surgery gone wrong, and the teamwork and climax really hit home, as did the doctor's curt thanks with a hard cut to the ED. The world building is still thoughtful and that is what keeps me engaged in the drama.

5-11

I'll say this is the most consistently good show trying to do the most this season. The animation falters here and there, and the music isn't really my bag, but the story, worldbuilding and characters just do something for me. Great feel-good vibes here.

Internships and a happily ever after all in one episode, with the airplane asthma callback was goldilocks good.

Stuck. The. Landing.

Not one but two new refrains for the OP served as an excellent ending. This is top shelf slice of life if you're looking for that feel-good high.