Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Non-Effort of Isekai Anime - Why don't the try more and what are the Good Ones?

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Does this have any chance of an anime adaption? Just read chapter 1 and it's interesting enough. Although the heroe is a total bishounen and the "time travel" commits the #1 sin imo lol. Still, it's definitely above any isekai I'v watched in recent years. Thx
    I didn't think Solo Leveling would get an anime adaption but that's getting one. This on the other hand seems far from as popular in terms of Korean manwhas/web novels so would guess the chances are slim to none.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

I guess I'll have to take it back. They do write the type of series MFauli is looking for, and they get anime.

This trash is getting an anime at some point in the future.

Bear in mind that the author has admitted on interviews to making up the story from volume to volume without any actual plan for the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I guess I'll have to take it back. They do write the type of series MFauli is looking for, and they get anime.

This trash is getting an anime at some point in the future.

Bear in mind that the author has admitted on interviews to making up the story from volume to volume without any actual plan for the plot.
    I mean, "cheat skill" is the opposite of what I want, as is a teenage hero and, judging from the cover art, 2 cute girls flocking to him. The plot sounds interesting, though, yes.

Completely disagree about your hate against the author, though. Writing a story as it happens is a GREAT way to write a story. It allows a truly adventurous journey. The only negative is that it's more difficult to write, because the author needs to pay attention to what was written in the past.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Completely disagree about your hate against the author, though. Writing a story as it happens is a GREAT way to write a story. It allows a truly adventurous journey. The only negative is that it's more difficult to write, because the author needs to pay attention to what was written in the past.
    It's the worst way to write a story of deep integrity. It removes the ability to install foreshadowing into the story. If you wrote the whole thing at once that way, you could potentially go back and edit in at least rudimentary foreshadowing, but if what you wrote has already been published, it's impossible. If you write slice of life, which many isekai are, especially the slow life, it wouldn't matter. But if it's actually a journey with a purpose, it becomes extremely linear. Then you better pray you have got Tolkien level of imagination and writing ability to make up for it, but the isekai authors typically don't possess such skills.

In any case, none of this is a surprise. Bakuman explained in great detail why things are as they are in Japan. Even though web novels are an unedited wild west, apparently the same stuff is going on there as well. Relying on quality doesn't pay off in the Japanese market. Being able to mass produce a chapter after chapter until the audience loses interest, and then without regret abandoning the project to start a new one immediately is the key in that market.

more bitching on isekai manga
    this time:
    Tsuihou no Kenja, Sekai wo Shiru

which isn't an isekai at all, but it has all the marks of an iseaki.*

the plot: mc is a support to the girl with the hero class, which is his female childhood friend. she treats him as dirt, belittles him and abuses him, he finally leaves. then he meets another girl and it turns out that he's actually OP. adventures start - he makes friends and learns that he's actually OP, while the female childhood friend tries to bring him back to the party and is being psycho about it, and other characters have other stuff going on.

the "actually strongest" part is trash as always, it's a fantasy superiority complex that gets worse the more you think about it. but there is an interesting point in the story, the girlHero is after him in a psycho mode, which makes the story about leaving an abusive relationship, and there are some parts where the story goes against the "childhood friend" trope and explicitly says that her being kind in the past doesn't make her actions excusable today, and that it's ok to let go of their connection. but then the story flops and introduces another female childhood friend, because the author doesn't get the story they wrote.

it isn't an isekai - the hero wasn't transported from our world, he wasn't reborn with the knowledge, or anything like that, but it's still an isekai.
    I think that an essential main isekai point is "starting again", so it can be starting a new life in a new world, starting a new adventurer career in a new world, or restarting with a new party or as an adventurer in a new city.

this distinction covers "is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon' as an isekai (comes to a new city to become an adventurer), but doesn't include inuyasha (Kagome doesn't start a new life in the sengoku Jiday). and for me, it's important to have a genre definition (litmus test) that manages this distinction.

That's also bs that needs to end: isekai anime that aren't isekai but look and feel like one. Dear god, can these studios just make PROPER fantasy stories anymore? Looking at you, DanMachi.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

That's also bs that needs to end: isekai anime that aren't isekai but look and feel like one. Dear god, can these studios just make PROPER fantasy stories anymore? Looking at you, DanMachi.
    Because LitRPGs also let authors skimp on details of describing how characters get stronger or feel stronger. Just put in numbers, levels, and a list of skills. Much easier than describing things with appropriate detail while keeping track of any continuity.