Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw Man

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Really? There's NO way that the MAGIC creature that can wipe out cities could also have a way of knowing things?

Especially things like...the location of people that COLLECT HIS BODY PARTS?
    What part of a gun involves knowing things supernaturally? I also don't think all of the people attacked were carrying body parts. Or were they? Organising stuff like this isn't as easy as you make it sound like. In fact running an organisation isn't. I suppose there could be a cult if worshipping the Gun Devil can somehow make folks rich and/or powerful. If that's really the case, then it should be easier to wipe it out because nobody's protecting them and they ways of gathering information would be absolutely nothing compared to a national organisation, unless they have a couple of spies in high places.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Another solution : Gun devil can take control of random people over large a very large area. Them having guns is the materialisation of his power. Bullshit explanation, but coherent with devils and the powers we've seen so far.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    What part of a gun involves knowing things supernaturally?
    Yeah, cause the gun part is the important part there, not the devil part. Don't be obtuse.

I also don't think all of the people attacked were carrying body parts.
    No, but for all we know it can see or hear through it's body parts. Which means it could be aware of anything they planned when one was around.

Yeah, cause the gun part is the important part there, not the devil part. Don't be obtuse.

No, but for all we know it can see or hear through it's body parts. Which means it could be aware of anything they planned when one was around.
    I don't know, it seems to me you are making an already overpowered villain even more powerful. As if it was a demon king in a sword & sorcery fantasy series. What's the point of making the devils based on a very particular thing if the plot doesn't stick to it? When the Gun Devil has the power to erase any city center, it already has a huge amount of influence to use to get things done indirectly. That's far more interesting than it being able to do everything by itself, in addition to the huge destructive power.

I don't know, it seems to me you are making an already overpowered villain even more powerful. As if it was a demon king in a sword & sorcery fantasy series.
    He felt like he was supposed to be the series big bad to me. Or at least, the long-term goal.

What's the point of making the devils based on a very particular thing if the plot doesn't stick to it?
    Dunno. But what part of blood is about making weapons like hammers and swords? But that's still a thing Power does.

That's far more interesting than it being able to do everything by itself, in addition to the huge destructive power.
    He's also be working in conjunction with other devils. There's already been 3 working with him we know of. Like you said earlier, there could be some kind of Secrets Devil or something.

Remember devils form contract with people and they also try to coerce them into doing things.
    Why wouldn't the gun devil do the same with a large number of people ?
    It then would always have some people available near targets anywhere inside his area of control.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

He's also be working in conjunction with other devils. There's already been 3 working with him we know of.
    I feel like the devils that had been powered up by pieces of the Gun Devil weren't working with the Gun Devil. I would go as far as saying they were random devils the Gun Devil powered up for no particular reason or for experimentation. The Gun Devil is so strong it can afford to do it. If it can track its own body parts later, like you suggested, then it could have also counted on those devils being defeated by the agency, which would allow it to see where those body parts end up to.

Devils we've seen knew about Denji. They can be part of the Gun Devil network. Pretty sure he has a country or even larger control area.

It'd be some pretty pointed commentary if the US government was just under Gun Devil's control.

Gun Devil doesn't need the government, it needs enough people anywhere. Said people have a target and eyes. They act when they see the target. Very basic.
    Then there's the weapon argument. It's true that only hunters and some law enforcement people have guns.
    Unless Gun Devil can create guns easily like the bullet bit Aki collects and seem to be part of GD.
    If so, even grandma can get a gun when needed

Btw do we all agree that the guy reviving sword guy is overpowered? Literal reviving the dead. What devil is that? The death devil?

Also sword devil guy shouldn't be too strong. Literally nobody is afraid of swords. Most don't care, and those who care, LOVE them lol

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Also sword devil guy shouldn't be too strong. Literally nobody is afraid of swords. Most don't care, and those who care, LOVE them lol
    They are in Japan. Japan is afraid of swords. It's illegal to possess swords other than those deemed of some real historical or cultural value. For such swords you can get a license, unless the committee considers you unworthy of a license. What else but fear would result in a law like this in a place like Japan, which seems to love swords above all else? It's only in Japanese fiction where swords are stronger than a firearm. In the West, they advice not to bring a sword to a gunfight, instead. Over here in Finland, nobody cares if you own a hundred swords as long as you don't wander around in public places carrying such a thing. I imagine in most of the world the laws are similar or even more lax.

Btw do we all agree that the guy reviving sword guy is overpowered?
    If that's what she did, yes.

Lots of people are afraid of swords, they just never encounter them.

And they've already established there can be devils for fake things, like zombies. So just because you never see something doesn't mean your fear of it doesn't count.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Fri, 12-02-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I don't see why anything should be limited to how I/they fear something at this moment and point in time.
    By that logic, chainsaws aren't scary, guns aren't scary, bats aren't scary, X aren't scary, because right now, I'm sitting in front of the PC and I'm not scared at all. And zombies aren't scary because they don't even exist.

If someone would run up on me with a real sword I would be freaked out for sure though. Same thing with chainsaws, in fact, chainsaws probably make me nervous when I'm the one holding them. Just like a gun, you can't stop what's happening once the guy with the sword slashes. It's not like I can deflect it with my fist or anything. And considering how fucking painful a cut is.... even from a sheet of paper, I don't want to imagine how it hurts.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 12-03-2022 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't see why anything should be limited to how I/they fear something at this moment and point in time.
    By that logic, chainsaws aren't scary, guns aren't scary, bats aren't scary, X aren't scary, because right now, I'm sitting in front of the PC and I'm not scared at all. And zombies aren't scary because they don't even exist.

If someone would run up on me with a real sword I would be freaked out for sure though. Same thing with chainsaws, in fact, chainsaws probably make me nervous when I'm the one holding them.
    This.

----

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I find chainsaws actually less scary than sword etc.

The noise is annoying, but it's unweildy for the user for the most part, it's heavy and slow, and there's significant risk of kickback with the chain when it cuts the wrong things. I haven't tried jamming one with thick, fibrous clothing, but I'm guessing that it'd work.

You know what's scary though? Grasshoppers. Fucking grasshoppers.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Why are we even talking about sword, chainsaw or gun devils?

Spider Devil is the ultimate end villain :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Spider Devil is the ultimate end villain :/
    Spider Devil must be living in Australia. In places like Finland, where there are no spiders dangerous to humans, Spider Devil simply wouldn't be born.

Spider Devil must be living in Australia. In places like Finland, where there are no spiders dangerous to humans, Spider Devil simply wouldn't be born.

Eh, I think people outside Australia are more afraid of spiders. Otherwise Australians wouldnt live in Australia :P

Eh, I think people outside Australia are more afraid of spiders. Otherwise Australians wouldnt live in Australia :P
    Hmm... That's quite an excellent counter-argument.