Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Anime Season: Winter 2023

Upcoming Anime Season: Winter 2023

Just saw that I'm almost a bit late with this thread. So, here goes, what are you gonna give a try next season? See upcoming shows on https://anichart.net/Winter-2023

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Interested in:

- Vinland Saga S2
    - Tokyo Revengers S2 (Oh boy, this will be frustrating again, won't it ...)
    - Nier Automata (enjoyed the game, not expecting much of the anime though)
    - Itai wa iya nanode bougyouryoku ni kyokufuri wo shitai S2 (I remember S1 being fun, so why not)
    - Inu ni nattara sukina hito ni hirowareta (looks like a nice ecchi show lol)
    - Ooyukiumi no Kaina (actually interesting setting, could be a cool adventure. Bad cgi animation though)
    - Tsurune S2 (ugh, this didn't need a second season. Will try, but might drop)
    - Hikari no Ou (no trailer, but box art looks interesting)
    - D4DJ S2 (S1 was fun)

I don't wanna jinx it again, but it COULD be a very good season for once :>

At least I will watch Danmachi for sure. Hard to say about anything else. A whole lot of fantasy and isekai. Too bad no isekai that would really capture my interest. A couple of them I know are trash tier.

I might have a look at "Tomo-chan wa onnanoko" for old times sake, but who knows.

VINLAND!
    NAGATORO!
    TRIGUN!

Bofuri. Fine.
    Vampire Dies in No Time. Fine.
    DanMachi. Also fine. Though I barely care anymore.

Coming from a high where I'm still keeping up with 11 series this season as best I can, next season looks very weak to me.

Must watch:
    Nagatoro - First season is pure wholesome past the initial setup. And this is the section manga readers rave about.
    Tsundere Akuyaku Reijou Liselotte to Jikkyou no Endou-kun to Kaisetsu no Kobayashi-san - One of the better Villainess series out there, with some limited cross-dimensional talk. Not an isekai, and has one of the better tsundere characters in years. Quite the comprehensive and inventive worldbuilding in this series. It holds itself to its own rules quite nicely.

Maybe:
    Ayakashi Triangle - I've been reading the manga since it started because I'm partial to Kentarou Yabuki when he also writes the works he draws. I'm interested to see what the anime tries to get away with on the ecchi front. Worth mentioning that this has probably the thirstiest female lead in any non-hentai series I'm aware of. I'll drop if the art is trash and censored.
    Bofuri S2 - The end of the first season was barely keeping me engaged, but I'll give it a shot and see if things improve.
    Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! - The cast is pretty good, worth giving it a try.
    Ooyukiumi no Kaina - Ugly CGI anime, but interesting premise that reminds me a bit of Last Exile.

edit:
    Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka o Tamemasu - I forgot about this one, so adding it as a reminder to myself. Back and forth isekai centered on greed and retirement.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 12-25-2022 at 05:11 AM.

I watched Isekai Nonbiri Nouka's first episode.

Feels like the closest you're going to get to Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley: The Anime.

That said, I really hate when series do a flash-forward epilogue to start off. Harem in the Labyrinth did it, and it poisoned the series because it took something that was already creepy as shit and made it worse. This one wasn't as bad because the series isn't nearly as leering and gross, but I still hate it when they do it.

Worldhopper (yes, back and forth) anime Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka o Tamemasu had a pretty promising first episode. She still has cheat abilities for to provide convenience to the plot, but it also started a lot more grounded than I expected it to be.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 01-07-2023 at 06:25 PM.

Watched Nier Automata episode 1. I'm not sure who this anime is for. The first episode was a 1:1 re-telling of the video game, except ... worse. The cgi is atrocious, and even the normal anime animation is rather choppy. It's not smooth enough. If they don't add anything new, people would be better off watching a letsplay on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post

Feels like the closest you're going to get to Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley: The Anime.

That said, I really hate when series do a flash-forward epilogue to start off. Harem in the Labyrinth did it, and it poisoned the series because it took something that was already creepy as shit and made it worse. This one wasn't as bad because the series isn't nearly as leering and gross, but I still hate it when they do it.
    I read the Isekai Nonbiri Nouka manga for a while. It's terrible trash. I guess I can't say more to avoid spoilers, but whenever I see the name, only bad memories resurface. There's literally nothing I miss from that series, nor did it inspire me at all, so that I would have pondered how the author could have fixed it. It's just hopelessly bad. The art isn't that great either, even if it's clean and technically the characters look good enough and all that. However, it's highly formulaic. Maybe the anime fixed that, so that half of time it's not mug shots of talking heads, like some TV discussion show.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    A second farming anime, even worse than the boring one from last season ? No thanks.
    NieR automata ? For those playing the game, the anime will always feel lacking. Unless they can somehow bring people in a nice combination of feelings and music like Clannad long ago.

I'm not sure I have had what I consider a good start yet. Maybe there's some surprise waiting next week.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I don't think there are going to be any hidden gems or surprises this season. Everything is very safe (nestled firmly in their sub-genres and tropey). Way too much isekai like normal, but at least one isn't awful.

So why hasn't episode 1 of Tokyo Revengers season 2 released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    So why hasn't episode 1 of Tokyo Revengers season 2 released yet?
    Because it is in Disney+ jail.

I watched a single minute of Ningen Fushin and decided to drop it. Nope. Fantasy series where the MC is kicked out of their former adventuring group, or betrayed even worse, are a dime a dozen, but this lost me when the dude became a faceless idol otaku as a response. Based on the poster, I thought it was a sword & sorcery world, but apparently it was modern Japan. How misleading. Or if it was the author's attempt at humour, then I'm even happier to drop it.

No point in watching Ayakashi Triangle until the blurays. Both the regular broadcast and the AT-X broadcast are censored.

It met my expectations for the overall presentation, focus on the extremely thirsty female lead and her relatively thicker design, and it was competent in the action and ecchi, but there's no point in watching a censored Yabuki Kentaro work.

Watched "Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi" and it was kinda fun. Generic isekai in most aspects, but I like how the hero isn't some mighty fighter, yet has a quite useful ability.

Will definitely return for another episode.

Edit:

Kaiko sareta Ankoku episode 1 watched. That's just too generic and the premise isn't interesting enough. Dropped.

Edit 2:

Bofuri Season 2 dropped, too. Can't be bothered with an anime that doesn't even have a plot anymore.
    Last edited by MFauli; Wed, 01-11-2023 at 03:38 PM.

turns out there is a new season of Kyokou Suiri, so i'll try watching that.

first episode wasn't that good, anime original material that's just there to exposit the setting. the dialog was lifted from a later manga story (after the series changed publication), but felt awkward in this story. the episode concept itself was nice, but underdeveloped.

been a while since i tried watching anime weekly. let's hope I stick with it.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Just watched episode 1. On one hand, it feels really cheap. The flash forward you mention contributes to that, but even without that it'd be a generic anime. And yet, watching him build his base from zero is oddly satisfying.

I wish we had videogames like that, but all the ones that come to mind are lacking in the story and characters category. Sure you can build stuff in Stardew Valley or Minecraft, but then you have no nice story or likeable characters to go with.

Not sure I'll keep watching this, but in times of boredom, it might be fine.

Isekai Nonbiri Nouka episode 3:

Man, that spider was some convenient bs, lol. The pacing actually hurts this show, but it moves over to the next interesting thing so quickly that I don't have the time to complain about something that happened earlier. Not sure if the show can continue to stay good, though, when the harem bs starts next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Isekai Nonbiri Nouka episode 2:

Man, that spider was some convenient bs, lol. The pacing actually hurts this show, but it moves over to the next interesting thing so quickly that I don't have the time to complain about something that happened earlier. Not sure if the show can continue to stay good, though, when the harem bs starts next week.
    The spider plot contrivance alone is enough to make me drop the series, but I did finish the episode.

If you're gonna do spider-for-clothes to avoid writing through a plot problem, at least have the decency to write a quick character arc for them.

Maybe LN writers avoid it because they'll never be able to write a character as good as Rachnera Arachnera. Best monster girl forever ♥

Maybe LN writers avoid it because they'll never be able to write a character as good as Rachnera Arachnera. Best monster girl forever
    *google search* I see they managed to solve the "mermaid vagina" issue.