Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What I don't get...

What I don't get...

What I don't get is if Michael Jackson has so many financial troubles, why doesn't he just release another song? It will be multi-platinum and make millions, almost guaranteed. People love his music, even if it's a mediocre effort and more than 10 years past its prime.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

totally random topic >_>, but ok, isn't he making a comeback? i think he just released an album with kanye west and will.i.am and such, sure there will be real new stuff down the road.
    -----------------

This is just one topic for this thread. I'm hoping it will be like "the bitching thread" or "today I learned", but people can post about stuff that perplexes them. People can ask for help with homework here if they like.

I just read that he has a collaboration with Akon and that they're going to re-release Thriller or something. But why did he wait until he had to sell off Neverland Ranch before he decided to make money the easy way again?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

he was busy working for his alien lords...

maybe he'll release another game as well? I remember the Gensis game to be quite fun, and some reviews place it in the top 100.

making zombie dance... truly the king of pop

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    Haha! I remember that game. Opening doors to find small children who scream "Michael!".

Maybe he doesn't have enough funds to kick off a new single? I used to listen to his songs, but that was way way back, and I'm not sure if he has a lot fans from the current generation of listeners.
    Last edited by Psyke; Thu, 07-17-2008 at 01:40 AM.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    he was busy working for his alien lords...

maybe he'll release another game as well? I remember the Gensis game to be quite fun, and some reviews place it in the top 100.

He made a new mario game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=833xoDxyb6A

ok lets stay on topic...enough micheal jackson talk
    Last edited by Assassin; Thu, 07-17-2008 at 12:04 AM.

What I don't get:

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    ok lets stay on topic...enough micheal jackson talk

It was his first chance in a while to do some modding, so he gave it a try. He might be a little rusty.

What I don't get is, if North American major league baseball is a private enterprise, why did Congress get involved with the steroid scandal? When my private company does drug tests, will Congress get involved and hold hearings too? Seems like an internal matter.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    What I don't get is, why is there a sudden wave of ignorant fucks robbing convenient stores? There's hardly more than 50 bucks in the drawer at a time, surveillance is often everywhere, AND it requires a weapon. That's armed robbery. For pocket change. I mean, at least aim high, run up in some upscale houses when no one's home
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

I think it's because they misunderstand the "convenience" part of convenience store, and figure it's "convenient" to rob. When a store gets robbed, it's a faceless corporation that loses. Robbing someone's house is just wrong, regardless of insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    When a store gets robbed, it's a faceless corporation that loses.
    Tell that to the owners....and to the traumatized cashier.

If it doesn't kill you it can only make you stronger.

Or it could be something like in Fight Club where Tyler Durden encourages that immigrant convenience store clerk to get back on his degree plan. Sometimes motivation can strike you while you're looking down the barrel of a gun.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Sometimes motivation can strike you while you're looking down the barrel of a gun.
    Like motivation to hand over the money?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

More like motivation to do something beyond being a convenience store clerk. Like being a taxi driver.

The people who rob them are likely more stupid than the worst of our members and far more desperate. People who need their next drug fix no matter what, and thus won't stop to consider their "plan" for a single second. I have sometimes heard from shopkeepers / clerks stories about how outrageous druggies can be.

Unfortunately Kraco, I think the majority of people who do that aren't drug addicts at all but are just "ignorant fucks" as Azazel put it. Despite the small amount of money most people get from robbing a convenience store there are still plenty of people willing to do it.
    Sometimes motivation can strike you while you're looking down the barrel of a gun.
    I dunno Ani, staring down the barrel of a gun never really did anything for my motivation.
    Last edited by Abdula; Thu, 07-17-2008 at 11:02 AM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    No, it's been my experience most of them are junkies. Usually what they do is hit a nearby gas station here, then hop over the levee to the hood to get a crack rock. You can smoke a 50 dollar rock in a matter of 30 minutes or less, then on to the next. Its miserable.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Oh really wow. Well where I grew up didn't have a lot of drugs so there weren't many junkies, robberies were mostly done just by bored idiots or people who for one reason or another felt they needed money desperately enough to steal for it. Junkies aren't something I'm familiar with.

-That explains that neg rep, I guess.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

What I don't get is employee mentality.
    company pride/spirit, corporate politics, climbing the business ladder.

For some reason people love this stuff. I don't understand it.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07