Thread: Ao no Orchestra

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Ao no Orchestra

287578.jpg

"* Based on a music youthful drama manga by Akui Makoto.

Aono Hajime was a prodigy violinist until he grew jaded with playing the violin due to personal reasons. Now in his third year of middle school, he struggles to decide his academic path. One day in school, he meets Akine Ritsuko, a hotheaded novice violinist who wants to enroll in a high school with a distinguished orchestra club. When he finds himself getting closer to Ritsuko and being brought back to the world of violinists, time starts moving again for him.

Source: M-U"

Genre(s): Music, Drama

1-4

A little late to the party, but I'm enjoying what I have here so far. I'll lump this in with other 'tortured artists' drama anime, because it starts out feeling like one with the character entirely too much in their own head, but thankfully, Hajime gets over it pretty quickly (within 2 episodes) and is able to join the band, so to speak. Most of the characterization is pretty boiler plate (though Hajime's mom is maybe cute enough to be distracting) but competently executed and well paced. From the teacher's meddling to the dirty cliffhanger at the end of episode 4, there's enough emotional 'hook' that I'm solidly in so far. It won't rock your world, but if you like musical dramas, it could be worth a watch. As a bonus, this is slated for 24 eps, so it may be a full adaptation, and the solo playing scenes are where the sakuga went (I'm able to turn a blind eye to the horrid cg orchestra shots thus far).

Totally generic, but probably among my favorite anime of the season.

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

The opening made me think I skipped an episode, but the payoff this episode, I can confidently say, was worth it.

I love prodigy series where the main character is surrounded by those of similar or even greater ability so they can all grow and get way too serious about the art in question. Delightful.

The duet at the beginning was super fun, and Akine didn't have to be completely overshadowed. That alone would have made a serviceable introduction to the orchestra club, but they went the extra mile and squeezed Harada's performance in as well, and the music sounded starkly different, in a delightful way. I'm in the zone with this now.

I just wanted to know who Harada is, because apparently he's famous, too.

6-12

Going through all the motions that I so dearly enjoy. There was a bit of a lul in the bullying arc, but the resolution fairly swift and the focus shifted back to the most interesting characterizations of Aono and Saeki. Glad to see this will be 2-cour. I hope it completes the story.

Episode 17:

Buahahahahhaa! This is such a generic, crappy anime, but now it adds this spicy melodrama, haha. It's so hilarious. Sudden half-brother from a dad who journey'd around banging hoes.

I guess those remaining episodes might get a little more interesting now, lol.