Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ore Dake Level Up na Ken / Solo Leveling

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    E07

------------

I found it hard to get into this episode.

For one, I've come to expect some bullshit to save the MC from bad consequences. It's just a question of what.

The disparity between the physical state of his body and his HP also doesn't help.

Killing the monster by constantly critting their eye with a dagger is a very video-game mechanic, but ends up being funny when they're killed that way and their entire blood volume pisses out of their one eye.

-20% physical damage is cool, but from the way that fight was going it didn't look like it should matter. MC had 100-200 HP while impaled in the monster's mouth, but had the luxury of stabbing it to death while he didn't die.

The non-fighting aspects of the episode was more enjoyable. lol @ the rich kid trying to blackmail the MC.

Infamous fellow just going "My brother's murdered. Where are the survivors, I'm going to kill them" felt weird and forced. It'd make more sense if he was either
    -the cerebral, thinking type that suspects foul play and looks into the MC, or
    -just gets emotional and wants to kill them regardless of reason/logic. In which case it's weird how he's putting business first.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Cerberus loses one of its 3 heads and it dies?
    No self healing mechanism?
    Sure it's the very first stage of that dungeon, but still the many heads should've played a greater role.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I still don't understand why he won, lol. The Cerberus had him dominated BEFORE it doubled its power. When it returned to regular power, the anime treated it as a "now I can win!", except there was no reason to.

Really thought he'd retreat and ask other S-ranks to help him, that that would have been how he learns about the blond girl we saw in an earlier episode. But nah, he just bullshits his way to victory. Eh.

On a side note, happy to see the incest grow firmer, lol, now he's going on a nice jog with his sister. <3

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Cerberus loses one of its 3 heads and it dies?
    He killed all 3 of the heads. You see the first 2 go limp as he kills each of them.

Oh, I was probably tired and didn't even follow that... Thank you.

Still I find it strange how he won as he was overpowered all the time and even had multiple insta death wounds.
    So the guess is that if the HP doesn't do to 0 he can still fight.
    I guess the next step is an overboost berserk mode when he goes below 10 or near 0. And probably a God mode below 0 since he can already survive with negative stats.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

His survival hinged around the fact that he got the -20% physical damage reduction buff without the -35% strength debuff, but 20% just sounds too low to make a difference given how dominated he was. On the other hand, this sounds like a permanent potion and any stronger damage mitigation going forward would sound ridiculous.

It might have been more satisfying if he needed to withdraw, get a bit stronger, and then come back.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Really thought he'd retreat and ask other S-ranks to help him, that that would have been how he learns about the blond girl we saw in an earlier episode. But nah, he just bullshits his way to victory. Eh.
    He's still officially E-rank. I doubt any S-rank would even bother to meet him, let alone agree to go on raids with him. Googling his name for a quick background check would reveal he's the "world's weakest hunter". If we went for reevaluation, things might be different since he could already be even A-rank, or at least B-rank. But he clearly doesn't want to do that yet. His situation is pretty precarious as possibly the only hunter able to climb ranks nonstop. Better avoid attention for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    but 20% just sounds too low to make a difference given how dominated he was.
    This. If he's losing a third of his life per hit, 20% isn't going to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It might have been more satisfying if he needed to withdraw, get a bit stronger, and then come back.

He's still officially E-rank. I doubt any S-rank would even bother to meet him, let alone agree to go on raids with him. Googling his name for a quick background check would reveal he's the "world's weakest hunter". If we went for reevaluation, things might be different since he could already be even A-rank, or at least B-rank. But he clearly doesn't want to do that yet. His situation is pretty precarious as possibly the only hunter able to climb ranks nonstop. Better avoid attention for the time being.
    But ... any alternative would have been better than dying. :/

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    This. If he's losing a third of his life per hit, 20% isn't going to save him.
    Imagine if he could farm that snake for 100% damage reduction.

Episode 8 delayed till March 2nd

Next ep will be recap.

Episode 8 delayed till March 2nd

Next ep will be recap.
    This series must be popular in nursing homes if we're already getting a recap.

Apparently it's a forced recap because the VA is sick with haemoptysis or something. This was facebook news and I haven't gone to confirm it.

Apparently it's a forced recap because the VA is sick with haemoptysis or something. This was facebook news and I haven't gone to confirm it.

He sounds totally different from before the power up anyway, just use a different voice actor :>

I wish anime production wasn't such a zero-sum industry that they could actually make the whole season first, then air/stream it in peace.

Episode 8:

That is SUCH bs, lol.

1.) "Coincidence" my ass. And they believe it. Come on.

2.) Using prisoners to fill the gap? And ones that are openly hostile? Fucking lol, ONLY IN ANIME. But I guess we need that rape attempt-scene next episode, huh.

Man, so much potential, so hard failed. This anime is a mess. And we saw the blonde chick again without her doing anything of importance. Why show?

Yeah, the 6th survivor obviously thinks they all have to die for some reason.

Doesn't matter, Jinwoo's gonna kill all those prisoners anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Man, so much potential, so hard failed. This anime is a mess. And we saw the blonde chick again without her doing anything of importance. Why show?
    All the scenes with the S-rank hunters are obviously meant to set up the island raid for later in the show.

Dangerous criminals who awaken as hunters would certainly be troublesome. Ordinary prisons or guards would be powerless in front of them. I see the wisdom in using them to clear dungeons, but it's indeed dodgy to have other, unrelated hunters inside the dungeon at the same time, especially if they aren't a rank higher than the prisoners.

So there's an ultimate dungeon. Gives a long term goal for the Story/MC
    Those criminals are cannon fodder. What happens in a dungeon stays in the dungeon. Losing them there is convenient for that society.
    Bar that hunter's brother, I don't think someone else is after the lives of the survivors of the double dungeon incident.
    But that B class hunter probably is there to understand more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    I don't think someone else is after the lives of the survivors of the double dungeon incident.
    He said 6 people survived that incident, and 5 of them are here. I'm pretty sure the crazy looking guy going "they all have to die!" was the 6th survivor.

I think he had a breakdown and is convinced they were all supposed to die.