Thread: Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou Sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranaindesu ga.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar

Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou Sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranaindesu ga.

296418.jpg

"Awaking to absolute chaos and carnage while on a school trip, Takatoo Yogiri discovers that everyone in his class has been transported to another world! He had somehow managed to sleep through the entire ordeal himself, missing out on the Gift — powers bestowed upon the others by a mysterious Sage who appeared to transport them. Even worse, he and another classmate were ruthlessly abandoned by their friends, left as bait to distract a nearby dragon. Although not terribly bothered by the thought of dying, he reluctantly decides to protect his lone companion. After all, a lowly Level 1000 monster doesn't stand a chance against his secret power to invoke Instant Death with a single thought! If he can stay awake long enough to bother using it, that is...

Source: J-Novel Club"

Genre(s): Isekai, Action

Research

This is aggressively, impressively bad. It is a bingo card of eye rolling isekai tropes rolled into the mosy edgy, cringy anime of the season until I'm shown otherwise. Kids on a bus get isekaied and the local goddess kills their chaperones while telling them to try their best with their new powers and all of the kids immediately leave some of their own to die and begin to persue power. If that's not bad enough, one of them has an instant death spell from the 'real' world he brought over and can just death note anybody by thinking it. He is too cool to care, playing monster hunter with his classmates bodies strewn about the bus while busty female lead pleas for his assistance until he totally pwnz the bad guyz including some super students that come back to revive the girl and play paddycake with her zombie corpse!

I was a dumb kid, sure, but was I was never dumb enough to like this... right?

That said, this could be bad enough to loop around and be a ridicule watch.

2-3

Somehow, I'm still watching this drek. At least the story is trying to give the main character's stupid power plenty of targets, and he is killing other humans more than faceless monsters so the whole thing has an off-kilter feeling of... wrongness in the tonality that I find myself morbidly curious as to where this will go. Since the only thing he can do is kill, that is the first and last retaliation he can give, though they played with that to some degree this episode (killing ice, lol). At least the other characters are all seemingly scum people, presumably to reduce our sympathies for their dying without understanding why or how. Death is handled clumsily, but evenly in that juvenile 'death as a concept' kind of way with no appropriate emotions, else half the episodes might be people grieving, I guess.

4-5

Strangely watchable once you acclimate to the non-reaction to death and murder by everyone in this series.

So he's some supernatural being that was raised by an office lady that drew the short stick. That's a better backstory than I expected, actually.

That opponents are now observing and taking countermeasures against his killing auto cast now is, I gotta admit, interesting. Killing an entire town indiscriminately via carpet bombing is a decent strategy if you are powerful and scum enough to not care about civilian casualties, which surprise, the sages are!