Thread: 30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii

30-sai made Doutei dato Mahoutsukai ni Nareru Rashii

Office worker Kiyoshi Adachi has gone 30 years of life without ever having his cherry popped. Due to this profound accomplishment, he becomes a wizard with the ability to read minds through physical contact. However, he thinks his newly attained skill is hopelessly lame and has caused him to dislike crowded places.

On the way to his work, Adachi runs into his attractive and well-liked coworker, Yuuichi Kurosawa. Piqued by his personality, he furtively touches Kurosawa and takes a peek at his heart, only to find out that the man holds romantic dreams for a colleague at their office. Adachi attempts to connect the dots, but soon, Kurosawa's fantasies are laid bare—his coworker's perverted thoughts are meant for him! Despite doing his best to concentrate, he can now hardly remain focused with Kurosawa around.
    ------------------------
    ------------------------

Episode 1:

That was a nice 1st episode. But I feel so bad for Kurosawa. Everyone thinks he's that super-confident , cool guy, but really he's permanently scared to express his true feelings and doesn't know what to do. And Adachi simply isn't gay (as of now), so that's "bad", too. I hope Adachi simply tells Kurosawa that he's not gay but appreciates his feelings and then they can somehow become good friends without any deception.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Episode 2:

Off, the anime just became a lot less interesting. The hero is now pretty much gay, at least bisexual. That's okay per se, ofc, but now the anime completely changed from a tragic-fun "what do I do?!"-story to a regular ass romance story. Bummer. After episode 1, this felt like it could be my show of the season, now it'll have a hard time keeping my attention.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

episode 4:

So not only you gain telepathy at virgin age 30, you also turn gay, eh? ;D

Adachi still being oblivious to being gay or bi is annoying. Like he's never heard of the concept of homosexuality before. Which makes all the intimate contact with Kurosawa so much more awkward.

Episode 8:

Well, that kiss triggered my heterosexual-gag reflex a bit, but I'm actually glad something like this can happen in an anime NOT at the end of the season.

Also, Adachi finally told Kurosawa about his ability, which makes for a different dynamic now.

The one thing I find a bit disappointing is how the anime NOT AT ALL portrays the hardship of male gay relationships in society, especially in Japanese society. It's depictated as if there'S zero problems when in reality I'm sure there's a lot of stigma and fear. Probably not the story for such realistic portrayals, but as a straight guy, it would have made the story more exciting to follow.

Episode 12/FINAL:

Well, that was really too saccharine of an ending episode. A gay utopia where society is super acceptable of gay people, huh.

Oh whatever. I'm glad for gay anime-fans getting a postive romance-story. For me, it stopped being exciting early on when Adachi and Kurosawa became a couple more or less and Adachi kept acting like being gay was normal (in the sense that it's fully accepted societally).

Not much happened really, the previous episode was more like the real finale.