Thread: Re:Monster

Re:Monster

Tomokui Kanata has been re-incarnated in the weakest goblin, named Goburou, after having undergone an unfortunate death. However Goburou has retained his previous life's memories, an unusual evolution, as well as becoming strong enough to gain status boosts from eating.

In this alternate world of survival of the fittest, events unfold with competent subordinates and comrades, delightful case of the tail-wagging dog...
    -----------------
    -----------------

Episode 1:

While I'm unsure how good this stays, I'm pretty sure I'll keep watching, so here's the thread.

I like the premise of following someone who's born into an isekai as a non-human among non-humans. The group dynamics were nice, too, there's an instant comradry between Goburou, Gobukichi and Gobumi.

There's also stuff I didn't like, though: The super fast growing up was dumb. Come on, let's take it a little bit slower. Then you have the unnecessary videogame-element. And you have the "hero gets dozens of cool abilities without much effort" that plagues so many of these power fantasy-isekai stories. It was fine when I watched Spider-Isekai, but now it's just lame. And then my last criticism is more of a fear: How will the hero treat humans in this world? He shouldn't treat them friendly, considering he's a monster and he's been killing even humanoid, intelligent monsters like orcs without second thoughts. It'd be shit if he meets humans and is all "let's not kill them". We saw the rape-women in one scene in the cave, lol, but I'm not sure what to make of it. I could see Goburou be like "from now on, no more rape women". Which I'd be okay with, because if goblins stopped kidnapping human women, they wouldn't give humans a reasonable excuse to kill goblins anymore.

Anyway, the premise of this story is nice and it's on the more creative side of isekai anime.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

I used to read the manga a long time ago, but from the beginning my impressions were the same as yours. Eventually, I dropped it. It's not like I'd have hated the series, but it just didn't align with, let alone exceed, what my expectations and hopes for it had been. I'm not going to watch even the first episode, knowing I wouldn't keep watching for long, but I just thought to drop a note after reading your impressions.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    In his past life our MC was in a violent/murder world with powers and he brought those powers with him.
    Sure his character changed a bit and he's able to feel camaraderie and fits in his group.
    But I hope he won't befriend humans. Strange idea: women are for reproduction purposes as gobs are a subvariant were females can't breed. Or can't breed gobs with growth potential.

Other than that, I feel like only the growth part will be somewhat fun. Then MC and his group will start slaughtering all enemies they meet with an exponential power growth.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Episode 2:

.... sigh

Yeah, I was really close dropping this half way into the episode. And I'm still unsure whether I'll keep watching. After this episode, it turned from "most looking forward to after Mushoku" to "will keep watching if I'm really bored".

It just makes NO sense for these women not get raped. Goburou shouldn't be accepted as their leader, he should have been driven out of the group.

Also super convenient that all the already-raped women committed suicide, no baggage left, huh.

And then it appears that all the strongest characters other than Goburou and his one friend are now female goblins, basically building a harem for Goburou.

This anime is so basic bitch, I don't think I can do it anymore. Really hate how an interesting setup is ruined this hard. Fuck modern anime.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

So gob genes are stronger, inter-breeding is a gob win.
    I'd like to know if there's benefits attached with inter-breeding. Like for example better int at birth.
    Also, is Gobmi bangable?
    Our MC is already Demon Lord class in under 2 eps. Probably A to A+ threat.
    And my guess is their nest becomes unbeatable by ep 6 as even a party of S class adventurers won't be able to do anything against a nest with at least 4 high ogres with one irregular.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Episode 3:

Step 1: Forbid goblins from banging human girls
    Step 2: Bang all human girls yourself

This anime has the worst writing I've seen in an anime in a long time, wow.

It's basically the hero creating a world for himself where he can cosplay as Kirito.

Exponential growth in a new way.
    But I'm surprised you do not mention he actually bangs all girls around as a good thing.