300079.jpg

"Kaburaya Sousuke is a detective struggling to make ends meet. While on a case, he happens upon Sara da Odin, a princess from another world who wields magical powers. Sara quickly adjusts to modern Japanese life as Livia de Udis, a knight from Sara's kingdom, arrives to find her. Soon enough, both Sara and Livia's positivity begins to rub off on Sousuke and the neighborhood.

Source: Crunchyroll"

Genre(s): Isekai, Slice of Life

Research

1-2

So similar to Hinamatsuri that I would be quick to dunk on Salad Bowl if it were outright inferior (and I love the Hinamatsuri anime), but thankfully it stands pretty close and confidently. The backdrop of the other world is dropped off pretty quick and used as a loose justification as to why these two girls can do magic and superhuman athleticism. The princess is pragmatic and honestly mature for her age and detective-kun picks up on that fast enough to not wear on the audience's patience when she is obviously gonna be staying with him for now. They make a good pair and the case work comes into play in entertaining ways (though I could have done without the double mosaic flashes on the cheating wife). The rest of the cast is fun, if unrealistically upbeat, and should be good fodder for shenanigans. I really enjoyed the knight's journey from homelessness to hostess to detective back to homeless and I have high hopes for that running gag. Cute and fun, this is a solid recommend.