Page 152 of 337 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 6729

Thread: New sig or wallpaper? show it off here!

New sig or wallpaper? show it off here!

This is my latest sig

Kinda got bored and tried some photoshopping. Which one is best?

Still a noobie can only do the simple stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
    please leave opinion

i redid my sig and got this

with time aznimperialx you will get better

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

aznimperialx, I like your style. The hand-drawn feel of your sigs is different than most things we see around here, and I like it a lot. For all of them, I'd say add a border of some sort. In terms of which I like best, I'd have to say the first one. The second one, I dunno, I just don't find it visually attractive, and the last one seems really empty. The third one, well, I'm not a fan of squished images. It's always better to keep an image with the same aspect ratio, imo. The other thing I would suggest you change is the text. It just....doesn't seem to fit. I with I could give more concrete suggestions, but I'm sill kindof a photoshop noob too and sometimes have trouble articulating things in this strange new artistic realm.

But anyways, keep with this style, I think you have a lot of potential. These sigs definitely have the potential to be fabulous. Put some more time into them, and see what you can do.

AnimePunk, even though abstract isn't my favourite, your new one looks pretty good. It's kinda confusing and chaotic, and very purple [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    Keep at it, I look forward to seeing more from you.

thx #1 is my favorite too

Heres a Weltall-ID one I just made

ok well since evryone wanted me to bring it back =P

lol but clumsey me i forgot to save the psd file... so yea i went from scratch.

EDIT** lazy im liken that border on that sig ^^ also how the render stands out much better!!

ok i just redid the lighting.

I just did this

Need advice on how to do text better

@aznimperialx: Personally, I'm not a big fan of the extreme drop-shadow effect. A defined and far off drop shadow implies harsh light. Also, having a drop shadow appear above something gives it an unnatural effect, since light usually casts downwards from above.

I think you should try taking the sig you're using now, remove the drop shadow, and use a stroke color that matches the red (or remove the stroke and change the text color to match the red). Then you can play with the positioning/size of the text to blend into the image, rather than pop out of it.

And like kitkat said, try putting a thin border around your sig too. Maybe try the same red.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

How about this? Sorry but i don't know how to make a border [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

looks good, to make a border make a new layer and fill it with any colour, change the fill opacity to 0% then add stroke and change it to inner

These are my latest work, i work hard on them

Please leave opinion

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Assertn comes to save the day and offer some advice! I always knew that fancy-schmancy education of yours would come in handy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] You should leave comments here more often.

AnimePunk, you have improved a lot! I dunno how much more advice I can give you, except maybe to work on your text more. Try downloading more fonts to try and match each sig with a font that really seems to suit the style and theme.

Kitkat: I can't help but feel you're being sarcastic

aznimperialx: I like the text alot more now, but what happened to the background? I think it works better white, especially since you have aliased white edges now.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

No sarcasm intended at all, actually. I seriously think that out of all the people here, you're the best equipped to offer helpful advice and give concrete reasons to back it up. As for myself, and a lot of the others here just starting out in photoshop, all we've got to go on are what we feel looks 'right'. This only works to a certain extent though. You're way more experienced in this area, and you know how to communicate it well.

@AnimePunk: Nice Job on those sigs. The only advise I can offer is on your text placement You can use the
    free transform tool on the text, and rotate it and have it fit into the sig's bg, or on the render itself. You've
    got the rest of it down.

@LaZyKiD: It looks good, but its still really bright.

Here's one I finished off today.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

I'm really bored right now... so I decided to post some of my recent wallpapers!! ^_^

This was made when I first found out that Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata was being ported to the PS2 (dubbed Magna Carta: Tears of Blood.) I really wanted something simple for this.
    Magna Carta

This one I made when I was extremely enthusiastic with different brush sets. Everything was rendered besides the characters. Also had an inspiration for this when I found out that Atelier Iris 2 is announced.
    Atelier Iris

This I made last night/this morning. Was hard to find nice pics like these to work with. Wanted a white BG but...
    Aya and Maya Natsume

Was made at the same time as the one above, had an idea for a darker one while making the one above.
    Aya natsume

EDIT:: Did some changes to the last WP

very cool!!! i wish i could do wallpaper like that ^^

Originally posted by: KitKat
    No sarcasm intended at all, actually. I seriously think that out of all the people here, you're the best equipped to offer helpful advice and give concrete reasons to back it up. As for myself, and a lot of the others here just starting out in photoshop, all we've got to go on are what we feel looks 'right'. This only works to a certain extent though. You're way more experienced in this area, and you know how to communicate it well.
    Thanks kitkat, appreciate it =]
    I've taken college classes where I've had to critique my own work and other peoples' often.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

My lastest sig