Page 17 of 337 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: New sig or wallpaper? show it off here!

New sig or wallpaper? show it off here!

First off Hi everone, Im pretty new. I do vector art wallpapers. Here are 2 for naruto.
    I love the Bloodline Limit characters.... so Ive been making ones of my favorites.

http://www.kamikaze-tenshi.com/images/sasuka_1d.jpg
    http://www.kamikaze-tenshi.com/images/Neji2.jpg

I hope you like them.

RE: New sig or wallpaper? show it off here!

ohh very nice

illustrator, i presume? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Damn, they are very cool, MatrixBang. Especially the Sasuke one looks really good.

Originally posted by: MatrixBANG
    First off Hi everone, Im pretty new. I do vector art wallpapers. Here are 2 for naruto.
    I love the Bloodline Limit characters.... so Ive been making ones of my favorites.

I hope you like them.
    i don't understand what you did here. all i see is that you took a image capture and enlarged it (did a good job). is that what vector art is? if it is, then good job.

btw, i don't mean to be offensive here, i'm just clueless to what you did =[
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Vector art is great. Vector art is mathematical equations (point A to point B to point C is one color, etc.) whereas Raster art is pixels (little square boxes of colors set in rows). With vector art, you can increase the size of the image without losing picture quality (dependant on the quality of the original image).

Vector art is mostly used for things like billboards, posters and logos, so that they can be resized to whatever size is needed without losing image quality. (I hope no one minds me explaining about the differences between Vector and Raster...)

I'm guessing MatrixBANG used Adobe Streamline to convert the raster based screenshots into Vector art before increasing their size, worked on them in Adobe Illustrator and then back to Photoshop since they final result is a jpg image (raster based file).

i made a little samurai champloo siggy, figured id share it, not sure if im gonna use it just yet, but thought ya'll might like it.

My other project at present is a naruto wall im tweaking at present, theirs just something about it that needs fixed, ill post her up if i can't figure it out on my own.

Oh and narutofan is having a big wallpaper competition i plan to enter but have yet to decide what of my work to put in the competition, id be sweet to see some other wooters in dat, so we can represent [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: AlbinoFury
    Oh and narutofan is having a big wallpaper competition i plan to enter but have yet to decide what of my work to put in the competition, id be sweet to see some other wooters in dat, so we can represent [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    I'm also considering entering the contest, I'm waiting for them to release more details first though.

You are right on one thing, it is vector art. It is not traced or run threw a filter though, it was done with comparitive drawing, I looked at the picture then redid it in Corel Draw. Added acouple of effects afterwards in Paint Shop Pro. It took about 8 hours to finalize both of them.

Resizing and and completely redrawing, thats the difference hehe and thanks for asking.

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    Originally posted by: MatrixBANG

I hope you like them.
    i don't understand what you did here. all i see is that you took a image capture and enlarged it (did a good job). is that what vector art is? if it is, then good job.

btw, i don't mean to be offensive here, i'm just clueless to what you did =[
    i have to agree with mut@t@ on this i dont know what u have done either looks like u just made the pic big and then put writting onto it .

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Aight I guess a really indepth explination of what I actually did is in order.
    I do the sasuke one as an example...

first I took a screenshot 640x480. Then I took the screen and brightened it up so I could see the lines.
    I then completely redrew the whole character only leaving the background and forground purple flames out. I did this step using Corel draw 8. You basically do the same thing that you would do if you were using autocad to draw up a technical drawing... only you can ad colors and fills and transparencies and stuff like that to the polygons. This step took me about 6 hours to get it perfect because I had to fix anatomic problems from the Screenshot. Then I go in to paint shop pro, make a background that is just purple flames, import that as a background for the Drawing of sasuke then draw up a logo. Export the picture to a 10000 width resolution, crop it for the right look, add flames to the forground and logo on a transparent layer. Then resize it to 1280x1024 loosing no resolution the picture is perfect. No jaged edges, no pixelation. 1 filter was ran on it after it was done, I Equalized it I believe to give it a colder look.

8 hours of work to get a picture perfect, a complete recreation of the animation cell that is actually a better quality then the origional.

That is what I did.

Missing Nin

ooo naruto wallie competition? gunna have to sign myself up for that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

a kakashi wallpaper i made.
    kakashi wallpaper

Sweet wallpaper, The earth decapitation Jutsu is hilarious.

Bah been beta testing for a while... decided to do some quick photoshop and... it turned out crappy =/. I had some ideas but it didn't really come out the way I wanted it... so IMO this WP is kinda crappy. Most trouble was getting a background to fit the scene and after so many BG's I just gave up. Probably what I like most about this wallpaper is Naruto in the middle. Anyways enjoy the half-passioned WP I made...
    Determination

I like that Dragun, and the BG isn't that bad imo, maybe a little off to the left of Naruto's justu. The pictures around him are a nice touch. The only thing that might not fit is the word, maybe the font or the size of it kinda throws it off.

really like tha naruto determination wp really nice

I agree, I like the wallpaper., if anything the only thing i could say about it would be about the font like someone else stated, but still, like it

That place over there........ahh never mind

Yes it is good, it would of been nice if you had a pic of him training in the third step, but its good nonetheless

R.I.P Captain America.

Hey you know i can almost make rasengan? Anyways I just wanted to show off my Spider-Man sig.
    Cause he's the man. Still not anime, but he's animated

Liked the wallpaper. Nice colors. And the font, could've been better. Really great

That place over there........ahh never mind

good sig and avatar(I guess people are taking my advice about having matching avatars and sigs) I dl that movie the other day really good quality, I love that movie

R.I.P Captain America.