Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

RE: Hunter X Hunter

budweineken around chapter 185 is the end of Greed Island arc, although I love Hunter x Hunter and the new arc could be very good if it had better drawing or animation, but i suggest not to read it i heard the artist will go back and revise his drawings cuz seriously his drawing at the end of GI arc up to 221 suck so much a kid of 3 years old could draw better it's really sad cuz a great series is going down hill, if you can put up with really bad drawings you should continue reading but seriously i can't get into this arc because of the bad art...i really wished the man behing hxh would've just waited until his sickness was over before continueing hxh seriously i'm totally disgusted with the art work

I see.. I just downloaded it in case no more OVAs come out... if that were to happen i would go to the manga to read what happens next...

But i will follow your suggestion also...

thanks

Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
    budweineken around chapter 185 is the end of Greed Island arc, although I love Hunter x Hunter and the new arc could be very good if it had better drawing or animation, but i suggest not to read it i heard the artist will go back and revise his drawings cuz seriously his drawing at the end of GI arc up to 221 suck so much a kid of 3 years old could draw better it's really sad cuz a great series is going down hill, if you can put up with really bad drawings you should continue reading but seriously i can't get into this arc because of the bad art...i really wished the man behing hxh would've just waited until his sickness was over before continueing hxh seriously i'm totally disgusted with the art work

Yeah the art for the ant arc is really really bad but if you are like HXH you can live with it.

yeah it's such a shame i really hope he redoes those volumes, this series was and still is great but if the art stays this way the little fanbase it had will most likely wither away

DragonSpawn

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
    I've got a really stupid question, about HxH 217 (it's out, by the way):

gon says that he went on dates with older women who love young kids, and said that he believes they're called "mania"

unfourtanly, the only word i know for pedophiles is is pedophiles, and there is no 'mania' in it...

so my question is what does gon mean? is there another english word for pedophilia? or is the translation just being sucky?

note: please, don't start with the 'orochimarumani' or 'jacksonmania' jokes, we got the point already, it ain't funny.
    Well the japanese does have some odd words for different things that might not be that obvious to the rest of the world. For example lolicon (one who fancies young peeps) isnt a word taken from english but it is in english non the less. mania is most likely just a term for people who are obsessed in something. in this case older women obsessed with younger guys. And pedophilia isnt a very "good" word. If they were to start saying pedophilia instead of mania in HxH it would be cast in a whole new light n parents n such might not take so lightly on it then =p So to summarize: they create their own english words or interpret already existing ones to their own liking [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
    yeah it's such a shame i really hope he redoes those volumes, this series was and still is great but if the art stays this way the little fanbase it had will most likely wither away

You cant call the fanbase that HXH have little cause i haven been to a lot of forums that HXH fans dominates.

I read in a www.nexgear.com that HXH had sold over 30 milion copies in from the start to 2002 and there is a lot more people who just dowloads the manga like us.

hmmmmm i didn't know hxh had such a big fanbase i thougt there weren't as many as you just said feels good to know that

That's because you are hanging out here in gotwoot... where 99% of the members know only of Naruto

lol that's true

Originally posted by: Budweineken
    That's because you are hanging out here in gotwoot... where 99% of the members know only of Naruto

Hehe you are 100% right

In Nexgear ist the way around the people are 99% HXH fan.

Some dude said the samething in nexgear and he was told right by all the hxh fans....

Is there some way to get chpt 221 without IRC? I have a really bad experience with it.

Here is a HTML download website for all the other IRC n00bs http://www.geocities.com/moustachio_gs/manga.htm

205-221 @ http://www.home.no/hunter1/
    and also Volume 19..

just so you'd understand, the new volume 19 is the one with the re-done art, and while it doesn't compare to the early chapters, it's still much better than the latest 'doodle with Togashi' chapters...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Any ftp servers or direct downloads where I can get the earlier volumes?

Hunter X Hunter

the link that i gave links to TW and other groups that translated earlier chapters

edit: WTF i just read the first post and it has the same link that i posted. i need to learn to read lol

Hunter X Hunter

Always use the site kAi posted. It is the most frequently updated HxH manga site there is. As for the "bad drawings", atleast Togashi's work is redrawn for the volume (book) releases. Unfortunately nexGear only started doing their translations in the midst of the volume 19 chapters, so the only v2 you'll be seeing (from them) is vol19+.

Fortunately... I have the vol18 raw, so it's just a matter of time before I take a pause from subbing to do some photoshop work...

HXH 222 is out at #nexgear on irchighway or http://www.home.no/bce/hunter222ng.zip

Nice thanks i must read it!

bah the art was once again horrible beyond believe, a 3 year old could skribble this up

I thought the manga artist had a life long disease, but I suppose that was just early panic infused rumors.