Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

nice chapter, huntery and all.
    but don't those words imply that the clan first attacked the people of the shooting star city, rather than being a 'random' act of violence by the spiders?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    You mean, "We reject no one, so take nothing from us"?

Yeah, I don't know what that's about. Maybe the tribe spent some time in Meteor City while they were hiding, and ran away.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Maybe it just means that they accept anyone as "family" and what is theirs belongs to you too.

This sentence was already mentioned before (although its a different translation)
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14111...apter-102.html

The whole torture of the families and kids gives a different perspective on the troupe. Before I'd read them as a bunch of bad-asses, but now they really come off as villains.

Only 30 days, 15 hours, 37 minutes and 45 seconds until the manga returns...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ly-shonen-jump

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    Only 30 days, 15 hours, 37 minutes and 45 seconds until the manga returns...

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ly-shonen-jump

Thank God! I was just thinking this week about this after I realized the anime is almost caught up to the manga.

Yeah, I was thinking about the anime too. I wonder if there's going to be new manga in time for it to get adapted to the anime. Maybe Togashi's last hiatus from the manga was so he could coordinate with the anime people.

Is mangastream's translation the only one that is confusing?

not sure how i feel about poison outside world. in most mangas it happened, the new world turned out to be pretty shitty arc.
    YYH - just a tourney.
    Claymore never went there.
    Toriko - so far, kind of dumb.

YYH was just a tourney because Togashi wanted to fuck with his editors for being pricks. SJ learned its lesson which is why Togashi has such a golden contract now.

I wonder if Ging just never came home because he's a really shitty father or was it because there's something in the new world that he's obsessed with.

This arc introduced a bunch of new characters who are all suppose to be strong, i really wonder how many of them will get killed off relatively early on.

The whole new world thing just seems like another setting for unbelievably powerful "force of nature" for the hunters to fight against.

Chapter 342 [MangaStream]

----

I found the last couple chapters pretty confusing, so here's a synopsis of what's happened so far from a guy named amoham10 on MangaStream:

Well we know that Isaac Netero wants the Zodiacs to go to Dark Continent. Netero had also been to the Dark Continent before but found that his view of strength is more on that for combat. Beyond, on the other hand, views strength to be that of determination and the desire to explore the unknown - something Netero acknowledges as a far more virtuous quality of a hunter. This is why Netero is "making a request" for the Hunters Association to set up their own expedition and beat Beyond for the prestige of exploring and colonizing the Dark Continent.

The country of Kakin wants to go to the Dark Continent. The Dark Continent remember from last chapter, is taboo and humans have not visited it for centuries.

The Five Modern Nation Leaders (V5) don't want to deal with this because each time humanity has stepped into the Dark Continent, they've only brought calamities back. Another reason is out of the 149 times humanity has tried to voyage the Dark Continent, there were only 28 survivors and 3 were able to live normal lives (Beyond was one of them). Mind you these were powerful individuals with a lot of luck on their side. So it would be very reckless and dangerous for the citizens of Kakin to head over to the Dark Continent.

V5 order The Zodiacs to capture Beyond, as a way to get their own info on the Dark Continent (preferably the calamities).

Beyond gives himself up, proposing they take him to Dark Continent under the pretense that they are chasing him and to obtain greater support for his trip to the Dark Continent from the Hunter's Association and V5. Funny part was he made a prediction that they would release him, which means this was all planned from the beginning. Beyond is a lot smarter than we gave him credit for.

The Zodiacs accept, so they can fulfill Isaac's final request/order.

The V5 plan on inviting Kakin in order to turn the organization from the V5 into the V6, in an attempt to limit the damage of the expedition that would otherwise bring more calamities back from the Dark Continent. To ensure a monitored expedition, the Hunter's Association will accompany Beyond by orders of the V5 into the Dark Continent.

The Zodiac must do this on the expedition of the Dark Continent:
    1. Keeping Beyond a prisoner
    2. Fighting off Beyond's allies
    3. Dealing with the 5 calamities
    4. Exploring the continent to find ways to benefit mankind.

The King of Kakin is building Black Whale ships to effectively transport people from their country into the Dark Continent. The first ship will send Beyond and presumably the Zodiac 10 along with more in the future. The King estimates one million immigrants over the next five years. The V5 isn't planning on sending people other than select few into the Dark Continent. They'll use the ships to transport people to islands close to the Continent, and then tell them that's the place, so there won't be any immigrants to the Continent itself.

Ging meets with Pariston and proposes he joins Beyond's team. He also tells Pariston to stop causing trouble because Pariston wanted to send his pet army of 5000 Chimera ant soldiers against one of two targets: the Dark Continent if the Hunter Association goes along with Beyond or the Hunter Association itself if it doesn't. Pariston is interested that Ging joins but Ging tells that he might want to be a lone wolf in the Dark Continent......looks like Gon will have to search for his father in the Dark Continent in the future.

Beyond and the Zodiacs will be the first adventurers that manage to successfully infiltrate the Dark Continent officially, and will also establish the first ground base for operations and maybe even starting the cartography of the first continent.

Netero is the other person who returned to a normal life after visiting the Dark Continent, I suppose that makes the final person Alluka?

On what basis are you concluding it's Alluka? I have no idea what gave you that idea. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    On what basis are you concluding it's Alluka? I have no idea what gave you that idea. Did I miss something?
    She reminds me of the Gas Life-Form AI calamity, "desire of co-dependence." Plus one of those chapters mentions Killua/Zoldycks don't know where she came from. And, he ability of squishing people into near 2-D shapes reminds me of the deformation of one of the examples of the victims traveling to the Dark Continent. There's not much else evidence but its definitely possible.

06-07.png

Yeah, I see what you mean. Good catch.

Chapter 344 [MangaStream]

---

Synopsis thanks to amoham10 again for summarizing what's happened:

We start off with Kurapica reminiscing of all the individuals he met as a blacklist hunter. All these interactions to find clues of his klan's eyes are going to finally end with the fourth prince of Kakin. He contemplates where this final journey will take him and comes to grip with him being the lone survivor of his klan.

We move back to Ging who from last chapter, made the declaration he was the number 2 person in the group. The group members start to get into battle positions and will attack Ging depending on his answer. Ging surprisingly states he would double the money Beyond is paying them and will give it to them upfront. In fact he will pay them and will allow them to keep doing everything they have been doing up until now. The group is perplexed but also feeling a sense of incredulity from what Gng stated. Ging lets them know if that if they want to follow usual protocol that is okay and they can even take orders from Pariston but all that he wishes is he is the number two guy in the hierarchy of the group. A member wants to confirm if Ging is telling the truth and writes down the imaginary amount Beyond was paying him. Ging confirms and that member officially accepts Ging second in command. Ging immediately transfers the money into his account and the guy leaves the room. The other members of Pariston's group assume the guy ran off with the money, never to be seen again. Ging then lets the group know that whenever they are ready to allow him to be 2nd in the group, that he will accept it with no hesitation. Another member (the guy Ging almost smashed his face in) accepts him as number two but doesn't want his money. Ging turns to Pariston and mockingly says that Pariston isn't being paid anything to go on the expedition and that this is only to cure his boredom. Pariston and Ging come to an understanding because Ging isn't being paid either.

Leerio calls Kurapica, letting him know he was worried and wanting his cell number. Leerio confirms from Kurapica Gon is okay from Mizaistom. Something to note Leerio is worried about the Zodiac because he hardly knows them which is surprising because he spent a good amount of time with them in the election arc. Mizaistom then lets Kurapica know that there are dark shadows around the King, probably pulling the strings. Be non confrontational and tact because the prince is circumspectly eyeing the entire expedition process.

We finally see Gon and apparently his aura is not coming out. It doesn't mean he lost his nen but possibly his nen system in his body was damaged beyond repair. Think Gai using the 8th gates and destroying his chakra networks.

Ging recaps to Pariston's group the five deadly calamities. We find out something quite interesting. The calamities are brought back to the human world by the "guides". The "guides" are a magical beast species that have a strong connection to The Dark Continent. Ging states the group should avoid each of the five calamities because they are far more dangerous than the Chimera Ants and class A or B level threats. Beyond is going through a new unexplored route underground but that would be very dangerous because he might bring back a sixth calamity. The group asks what is the benefit of the V5 in going to the Dark Continent? Ging summaries what the V5 want and their past expeditions in the following:

-Republic of Belgrosa: In the Northeastern section from Lake Mobius there lies a mountainous territory that holds a mineral ore that could produce 20K of electricity for a day when submerged underwater. Mind you this is from a very a small amount and so energy conservation wouldn't be an issue. It is hidden in a mountain range inhabited by the beast calamity, Papu and only seven survived from the last expedition.

-Sahelta Empire: North of Lake Mobius after you pass a sea of trees there lies a labyrinth town that holds a herb that can cure 10k illnesses/ailments. If a country got this, doctors wouldn't be needed and the country can have a very long living labour force. The plant calamity, Brion destroyed the special forces of the empire and only two survived.

-Ochima Federation: South of Lake Mobius you will find a murky swamp land that holds the Nitro grain, a form of food that stave off starvation for an extremely long period of time. A country with this can feed its populous and also save billions of in food costs. The forces sent out were wiped out by the twin tailed snake, Hellbell and only eleven survived.

-Republic of Minbu: Instead of using their own military, they enlisted the Hunter Association for the power to obtain three special liquid mixtures. If you have this special chemical you can conjure water out of thin air. Water imports would be none and the food irrigation would be a thing of the past. The mist creature, AI killed most of the group and only 3 survived. The survivors went insane and any information about The Dark Continent wasn't salvageable.

-Kakanya Kingdom: The most successful out of the V5s sent out Beyond's group. They wanted an alchemist compound known as the "Metallion" and Beyond actually found it and brought it back to the world safely. However, Beyond being reckless, got lost which led them to take a detour and their group ended up catching the zombae disease (the disease of immortality). There were six survivors and so we could assume Beyond Netero has the zombae disease.

We also find out that during Beyond's first conquest to The Dark Continent, The Hunter Association hired Aizack Netero, Zzigg Zoldyck and Linnet Audoble. From the reaction they were terrified at the sheer scale of the beasts that roam around The Dark Continent.

The hunter from Pariston's group who got the money transferred by Ging, returns and explains he needed the money for his sister to be in care. The money Ging transferred to him is more than enough for her to be in care. This hunter is now forever in Ging's debt and will fight for him as comrade but Ging says he won't let him die under his command.

Finally, another member from the Pariston's group wonders if there any documents left behind any of the survivors from the documents. Ging explains only one person in the history of humanity ever explored the shores of Lake Mobius. The individual kept a journal of their explorations and named it "The New Continent's Traveller's Journal's East and West". The world only knows about the East portion of the journal but the West is nowhere to be found. Ging says there are 3 reasons why it wasn't found. One is because it wasn't found, Two because the writer failed to find what he wanted and decided to stop writing. Three is because the person is still writing it! The individual must of found the all curing herb and is still exploring the Dark Continent. Ging says the author is none other than Don Freeces.