Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville View Post
    Do we know who taught Ging how to use Nen? Was it Bisuke?
    No info on this, but I'd like to think Netero taught him.

Bisuke taught Wing how to use Nen, by the way.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    No info on this, but I'd like to think Netero taught him.

Bisuke taught Wing how to use Nen, by the way.
    Yeah, I remember that Bisuke taught Wing. And I am guessing Netero taught her (since Wing is a master of Shingen-Ryu).
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    There was nothing in his speech bubbles that implied that he could copy non-strike type abilities. All we know so far is that after getting hit by a strike-type ability, he can imitate it.
    Yes, there was.

"If it's a strike-type attack, just taking it once is enough for me to mimic it."

That suggests that he can mimic any attack. A strike-type attack is not complex and can be mimicked after taking it just one time. A non-strike type attack is more complex and he would need to take/see it more than once to mimic it. It really doesn't get much plainer than that.

You need to work on you reading comprehension, there's no explicit indication that he can copy any attack, just that copying strike-type attacks are easy for him. This is literally as plain as it gets, because there is no mention of his ability to copy anything else.

Oops, I missed the last chapter. Looks like a new one comes out tomorrow, too.

Interesting, it looks like Tserrednich knows who Kurapica is. People on other boards are saying that's Pairo's head (I thought it was a picture of Kurapica)

Also, nen stands. I guess that explains Neon's power. She had a "stand" that acts on its own.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Tue, 08-12-2014 at 02:05 PM.

No new hunter this week? I dont think there was a mention of hiatus two weeks ago. This series is always scanlated last so its tough to tell.

/r/HunterXHunter says there's no new chapter. Togashi is sick, supposedly.

Yeah his lower back is in pain, haitusxhaitus for 2 weeks.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ck-pain/.77790

And Iīve caught up. 349 is the latest chapter, right? So the wait begins .... :|

Loving what happens past the animeīs end. Not wasting any time and directly jumping to the next big thing, the dark continent.

Although, two things bothered me:

1.) Kurapika gives off such a powerful presence. But arenīt his powers restricted to being used on Spider-members only?

2.) Disclaimer: I realize itīs a fantasy world, but still => So either those V6 continents are super small, as is the known world for humans, OR earth/the planet is ridiculously large, thus featuring a gravity way beyond 1g, which would make life impossible. Outter space or dimensional travel would have been easier to logically accept for me. And itīs somewhat a BIIIG omission to not tell the readers about the worldīs layout during the very beginning of the series. I mean, all of this dark continent stuff was basically common knowledge ever since we saw Gon take off frm Whale Island. Itīs only a big surprise because Togashi was like "lol, you guys dont need to know right now. Hey, lets enjoy the hunter exam and yorkshin and whatever. Iīll tell you later that everything takes place within a giant like surrounded by a monster inhabited mega-continent." :P
    By no means a deal breaker, but kinda weird, lol.

Anyway, any hints at when the next chapter releases?

The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

same as with Toriko. there's a giant world and the gravity's the same.
    maybe whatever is going on in 'the dark continent' is messing around the ecosystem and making it human sustainable?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Decided to read the last few chapters since I know the series won't be back for many years, and just wanted to know what the next arc was going to be about. Don't plan on continuing to read going forward.

That said, interesting stuff in the last few issues. I thought the "larger world" was going to be other planets. Was not expecting that the whole HxH world was just some kind of island chain the the middle of a lake.

Also, someone said that these "5 great disasters" were chimera ants. Seems like they're probably all more powerful than Meruem was.

That kinda makes that whole arc silly in hindsight. Meruem was never going to be able to take over the world like that anyway. The world is apparently insanely huge and full of monsters that are probably stronger than him.

Kinda makes me wonder if that first Ant Queen, who thinks she was part-human herself, was created from some human that made it to the Dark Continent before.

Leorio and Kurapica becoming Zodiacs is just insane. Leorio kinda makes sense, since filling a seat with the guy that almost won the election makes some sense.

Filling the last seat with someone that NONE of them know on the recommendation of the guy that just joined doesn't make any sense at all. It just feels like a weird contrivance to get the main characters into positions of authority all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    1.) Kurapika gives off such a powerful presence. But arenīt his powers restricted to being used on Spider-members only?
    Kurapika has 5 different chains, and each of them has different limitations.

I believe only the binding chain and the chain that wraps around the heart are limited to Spiders.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Thu, 10-02-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Leorio and Kurapica becoming Zodiacs is just insane. Leorio kinda makes sense, since filling a seat with the guy that almost won the election makes some sense.
    That's funny. I thought Leorio as a Zodiac almost makes no sense when I read that. He's just so weak. Kurapica has great analytical abilities and good nen. If the Zodiacs were looking for somebody, I don't see why they'd pass him up. (What you say makes sense on an organization level, though. Leorio had the politics behind him, but he's basically a nobody to the Zodiacs)

And the manga has returned... chapter 350:
    http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/350/3354/1

how did we reach this spot?
    it's the most exciting match in the history of this manga!

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Wtf, 2 new chapters, Togashi outta nowhere! Do we know when the next chapter releases, and how many more weīll get :>

Yeah, no, I donīt believe this fight will have a satisfying outcome, aka one of them will die. Not happening. Since I find Hisoka infinitely more interesting, I want him to win, but ... I dunno. I donīt see Chrollo losing. Weird. If Hisoka truly wins this, heīll be the strongest known fighter in the HXHverse alive.

Also, chapter 350 was text-overload. The previous chapter was too long ago, so I have no idea whatīs up with all those princes, why Kurapika wants to kill one of them, why those princes are all coming to the dark continent, and so on. goddam, how Iīd wish to see this in anime form. Togashi, why canīt you just quit the manga and send plot notes to the anime production team? :/

another new chapter.
    in which, using a guy's head as a bowling ball yo-yo flail is the least complicated thing to follow.

welcome back, Togashi. you have been missed.

Meh, didnīt like this chapter much. Itīs never explained why Chrollo can even dodge all the shit that Hisoka is throwing at him. Is Chrollo such an athletic genius?

And it sucks that theyīre now killing the audience as they like. It would have been more interesting to see the fight stay confined within the ring and Battle Towerīs basic rules.

Oh well, as long as one of the two is dead in 1-2 chapters, I wonīt complain.

Just read up to 357

---

That was a great battle. But damn, Hisoka is a sore loser apparently. Kind of a dick move really. Although, the Phantom Troupe are also huge dicks, so watching them get murdered is also kind of satisfying.

Now we're back to this boat shit I don't care about that is giving me Berserk flashbacks...

didn't think we would be seeing him again so soon.

here's another dude we haven't seen since forever ago.