Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

Netero is finished in the next chapter, sadly. The question now is who will step up and defeat the King? I know Gon has improved greatly recently, but I don't see him bridging the gap between his power and Netero's (much less the King's) in time. Maybe we'll get to see Hisoka or the Spiders?

Kinda funny how you didn't even consider the possibility of the King dying in that suicide-nuke attack. Come to think of it, I can't remember any time something like that has worked in any series.

better art than usual!

this is why HxH is so great, even when it asspulls, it's much better than any other shonen series that week.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I thought it was an OK chapter, but I really do dislike killing Netero off.

They need to introduce strong "mentor" hunters because at this point the strongest hunter we know of besides Ging was Netero, and he's now dead. There's no hunter hierarchy now, no measure to compare against.

And yeah honestly, those Suicide Blasts since forever (Majin Vegeta, etc.) have never worked so I'm skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    Kinda funny how you didn't even consider the possibility of the King dying in that suicide-nuke attack. Come to think of it, I can't remember any time something like that has worked in any series.
    While this still remains true, I was actually commenting on the prior chapter and hadn't read this week's yet.

Holy Crap! RIP cool old man... You'll be missed greatly.
    Iono how to feel about this chapter, on the one hand it was awesome. OTOH, I has a sad.
    Can't wait to see how this saga finishes.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by Narasho
    While this still remains true, I was actually commenting on the prior chapter and hadn't read this week's yet.
    Sorry about that, I should've double checked to make sure the link was up in the thread... thought you were talking about this week's.

I do think it would be shocking for the King to die in the blast, and actually set up some cool fights between the Ant Generals and the remaining Hunters. (who would still need some kind of reinforcement to stand a chance I would think).

I just can't fathom the King dying in the blast, it would go against decades of Shounen manga tradition. (tradition that I think in many ways needs to be changed) Shounen's have become characterized by good plots, good character development, and stereotypical combat interactions where one guy trumps the other (as seen most recently in Bleach) and then is trumped. The cool thing about Hunter X Hunter is that they have created intriguing combat situations where strategy and tactics are much more pronounced than in other Shounen's. (that's not to say that I don't enjoy Naruto, One Piece etc. I just think they should get out of the traditional mindset of how to do Shounen action sequences)

Chapter 299

SleepyFans

One Manga

That was...quite disconcerting. I am not sure how I felt about that.

ahhm... well, Toga, now that you got that declaration of love for your wife and child (which was very fitting, completely not out of place at all), printed, can you please go back to writing the story?

you know, action? people being whitebeard? select few humans save the world by extinction by irony, maybe go and close some loose plot threads you've left hanging over the years?

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

He was on a acid trip.

Uh... ok... I'm not sure what to say about that chapter honestly...

That was a distinctly weird chapter... I'm not even sure how to explain it...

So we've got a dead old man (*sniffles*) and a cannibalistic ant, who I'm hoping develops such a taste for ants he goes on a rampage and the lesser ants have to team up with Gon and Killua to kill him. Which makes no sense whatsoever because they would never choose self preservation over the king's needs. Where do they go from here?
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_kashi
    So we've got a dead old man (*sniffles*) and a cannibalistic ant, who I'm hoping develops such a taste for ants he goes on a rampage and the lesser ants have to team up with Gon and Killua to kill him. Which makes no sense whatsoever because they would never choose self preservation over the king's needs. Where do they go from here?
    Maybe the King will suck the life out of those 2 generals, leaving Nefelpitou for Gon to deal with. I'm still not sure who will deal with the King. I'm fairly certain Gon and Killua have no chance, even if they are the main characters in a shounen.

there's still baby king (meryam? is that supposed to be a Jewish name? like Merriam?) at the hands of big-brother ant, from two years ago. and then there's deserter ant that has such ambition that he never cared for king cell.

and if we're lucky, the spider gang will show up to crush some ants, and maybe Leorio, too.

and then pigs will fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    there's still baby king (meryam? is that supposed to be a Jewish name? like Merriam?) at the hands of big-brother ant, from two years ago. and then there's deserter ant that has such ambition that he never cared for king cell.
    Who is the big brother ant? And who is the ant that never cared for the king? I can't recall either of these...

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    and if we're lucky, the spider gang will show up to crush some ants, and maybe Leorio, too.

and then pigs will fly.
    Hopefully Kurapika will show up to crush some Spiders then! But no, I hope that the Spiders are saved for the next arc. (or later)