Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

big brother ant and new baby king show up in chapter 215.
    the deserter, Jairo, shows up at chapter 203&204.
    at the very least, onichan ant should play a part in giving the king some well deserved...motherly love?

the spiders are already around, they killed some filler ants, and then discussed whether they should go and kill plot relavent ants, and then it turned into 2006.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    big brother ant and new baby king show up in chapter 215.
    the deserter, Jairo, shows up at chapter 203&204.
    at the very least, onichan ant should play a part in giving the king some well deserved...motherly love?
    Ah, now I remember them. It's been a long time with all the hiatuses.

Here's chapter 300.

Gon's a beast. And the pacing just went up a few notches. Exciting times ahead!

You fooled me with your comment. Here I was expecting Gon to have been kicking some major ass in the chapter, but nothing in that regard happened. Looking foward to the next chapter.

I'm curious if he's serious about killing the innocent chick, or if he's simply bluffing a strong position to negotiate.

With the rage he's currently feeling, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually went ahead and killed her if he doesn't get what he wants.

He's a togashi character, Yusuke also made some comments about taking hostages and human eating.
    nobody ever called him on the bluff, though.But there's good reason to assume Gon also means what he's saying.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I know its shounen, but i'll be pissed if after all these years we end up back to square one with the king being reborn and no one being able to defeat him. I hope he eats Yupi and Poufo and then someone comes along and kills him while he's still weak. I see no other way for this to end.

I really just want this arc over so we can get back to searching for Ging, and you know...hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    I know its shounen, but i'll be pissed if after all these years we end up back to square one with the king being reborn and no one being able to defeat him. I hope he eats Yupi and Poufo and then someone comes along and kills him while he's still weak. I see no other way for this to end.

I really just want this arc over so we can get back to searching for Ging, and you know...hunting.
    Agreed. This arc has had its high and low points, but it has drawn on too long with the hiatuses. Hopefully Gon will take out Nefelpitou, (Are they a guy or a girl? at various points Pitou is referred to as a he and as a her.) but I don't see how the King will be defeated. Maybe Netero signed a contract with the Zaoldoyek family to assassinate the King upon Netero's death?

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    He's a togashi character, Yusuke also made some comments about taking hostages and human eating.
    nobody ever called him on the bluff, though.But there's good reason to assume Gon also means what he's saying.
    Yeah, but Yusuke always had the "bad boy" deliquent thing going for him. Gon since the start has always been the epitome of a "good boy", so it's more striking when it comes from him.

I call "hardly" on that argument.
    think back to the time when he and Meleroon met (around chapter 240), Meleroon stated that Gon is the most animal human he met.
    or when Gon met with the art dealer, who said that Gon has no interest in right or wrong (or something like that).
    he's naive, and good hearted, but doesn't shy away of buttkicking.

Yes please.

I do think that Netero's death will also give them some support when they go hunt for Jing. I assume that the hunter association will be in desperate needs for more S rank hunters to stick around rather than go wander aimlessly through the world.

Thats if Togashi still remembers anything about the hunter universe...having rewatched the anime recently, theres a stark difference to his story telling method now. Before he focused alot on Nen and the various abilities of nen. The whole series prior to this arc was Gon and Killua learning nen. But now its turned into every other shounen series with new characters and funky powers, and no thoughts given to the basics that were developed all this time. I mean, we haven't even seen Gon of Killua work on thier techniques at all this arc....its all just strategy and who can instantaneously transport themselves behind thier opponent first, like every other series thats ever been made.

Thats if Togashi still remembers anything about the hunter universe...having rewatched the anime recently, theres a stark difference to his story telling method now. Before he focused alot on Nen and the various abilities of nen. The whole series prior to this arc was Gon and Killua learning nen. But now its turned into every other shounen series with new characters and funky powers, and no thoughts given to the basics that were developed all this time. I mean, we haven't even seen Gon of Killua work on thier techniques at all this arc....its all just strategy and who can instantaneously transport themselves behind thier opponent first, like every other series thats ever been made.
    That's true, but I kind of think of those previous arcs as developing the ideas of Nen. Since we now understand what Nen is and how it acts, it's not as important to the story for those details to be included at all times. I for one greatly enjoy the strategy aspect of Hunter x Hunter. While transporting behind opponents is overused and dull, I think Hunter x Hunter has a lot of good aspects to its fights that other series have neglected. Explaining the tactics and strategy of the fighters as they engage in the fight.

This arc is dragging on, and we haven't had other characters in the arc at all such as Hisoka, Kurapika, Leorio. The spiders made a brief appearance, but it would be great to move on from this arc and get back to the characters that were developed over the course of the first 150 chapters.

Wow, pretty good chapter. It was balanced, and the art was pretty consistent. I wonder if the king will become 'good'? Since there is no way anyone can defeat him apparently.

quite an arm cannon.

boom.

atleast he didn't went Kamehameha, shouting attack.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Reminded me of Trigun.

Chapter 303.

Good pacing in general. I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

the fatal bug mistake.. trying to poison Killua.
    Killua pretending to be weak = overconfident bug.
    super electric senses = hyper speed counter attack.
    overconfident bug + hyper speed counter attack = kickass action.

Really liked the chapter... still waiting for Gon to kick some ass, but Killua was awesome here. Both him and Gon have been severely underused in this arc.