Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasho View Post
    Kurapica placed some restrictions on his Nen to give it additional power at the cost of being more... restricted for lack of a better term. He may only use Nen against the Spider organization (as I understand it), and if he breaks that restriction he will die.
    Yes and no. Kurapica can still use some nen, and it is actually pretty powerful. He is a materialization user by talent, but his eyes give him specialization powers. That is why he was able to use all of the other nen groups. He placed a restriction on the use of his specialization nen, so he can only use the specialization power (and so, the reinforcement chain, the transformation chain, the binding chain, etc) on the Kumo. But he can still use two or three of his chains, on anyone.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Chapter 307

mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing | Direct Download

it's funny how we never see how long Gon's hair really is.
    it even combines with itself between panels at 04&05...

Last chapter I thought that it was a lame super power up to get over the fight, now this makes complete sense for the HxH universe.

even though Kaito was around for only about 20 chapters, they still made this thing matter, both from his first appearance and his later one.

If gon loses his nen I'm going to be happy. Togashi owes us a month of no nen use from before, and the 'interest' was piling ever since.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Man, I thought this chapter was great. Really looking forward to see where they're going with this. And I had totally forgotten about what Biscuit could do, this does resemble what she did... though as Killua mentions, this is something different and dangerous.

Hisoka is going to get an epic boner next time he sees Gon.

Chapter 308

mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing | Direct Download

so, we're ignoring the giant Gon elephant in the room?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Geez, good chapter, but I wanted to see what the hell is up with Gon and his one arm. Hopefully it can be reattached (here is hoping for a Hisoka sighting). And I thought the king would have killed Meleoron and Knuckle...interesting that he kept them alive for questioning.

man it has been a long time since I cared to check out the hxh manga. Ever since the start of the ant arc, the drawing had become extremely messy.

Think I could barely go thru a chapter without developing a headach. think I will catch up on the story in wikia.

I just heard a nasty rumor. It seems that Togashi is taking another 6 month break.

great, now I can recover from the eye injury I received when I found out there is not hunter x hunter wikia page and had to painfully go thru 10 chapter of agony.

My eyes pop when I see the messy drawings.

Oh btw, I doubt anyone would have hair that long even if they didnt cut their hair for 50 years.

So i guess im the only one who things this is getting ridiculous even by shounen standards?

no one ever dies, and shit keeps happening out of no where.....and now with the old man dead there is no one strong enough to defeat the king....but ofcourse Gon will somehow do it with one arm and no nen. Things are just getting stupid now.

Tenbatsu
    eh, they will find some way to get his arm back.. he lost his arm in the GI arc and got it back afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    So i guess im the only one who things this is getting ridiculous even by shounen standards?

no one ever dies, and shit keeps happening out of no where.....and now with the old man dead there is no one strong enough to defeat the king....but ofcourse Gon will somehow do it with one arm and no nen. Things are just getting stupid now.
    No. Things are rolling quite fine as they are.

No one ever dies? What?

Can we wait until Gon actually faces him before concluding what is going to happen? I very much doubt Gon will fight him by himself to begin with.

Plenty of characters have died in HxH, but I do agree that Togashi dug himself a hole with the strength of the king. Other than the strength issue, I think the storytelling in HxH is still okay.

If you want to talk about ridiculous storytelling or protagonists becoming stupidly strong, there are plenty of series - shounen or not - that I would rate under HxH, such as Samurai Deeper Kyo, Inuyasha, Bleach, Battle Angel Alita, or History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, to name several.

What i mean is that, in this arc, we've seen so many dbz like moments, no least of all with the king. And now with one of the strongest hunters dead at the hands of the king, the only way to defeat him now is through a lame plot device, made that much lamer because the king is so freakishly powerful. Unless Gin now shows up to beat the king, or the king voluntarily decides to leave and live on mars or something, no one can "realistically" beat him.

I just want this arc to end, so we can get back to the way it was.

to tell you the truth, once Gon grows up. I doubt there will be much fans clamoring over him. The appeal decreases. Unless there is a time jump and we see miniGon. With the same story as before, Gon left his miniGon.

There is no going back. Story will have to move forward. Also to say, this felt lamer then Hyperbolic time chamber training. when you absolutely have to think about it. All possible powerups, including sharingan improvements, Orochimaru cell infusion ect felt lame.

So far, though I have yet to feel that Sage mode is lame. Kyubi mode might be lame, by Sage mode seem kind of cool. Especially seeing how difficult it is to achieve it.

Sorry if I deviate too much to Naruto.

I just don't see what the real problem with this power-up is. This isn't a sudden powerup. It's something he's built, through training to attain and more than training, through sacrifice. We really don't know where they're going with this, nor what the real consequences are.

For one I very much doubt that the current situation is a permanent one, and considering the possibilities of the consequences, I very much think that this is a one shot deal. I'm not even sure if he'll fight the King in this condition. Remember what Kurapica did with himself in order to powerup to fight the Spiders, Pitou is pretty much to Gon what the Spiders are to Kurapica in a way. The situation, while different, share quite a few similarities.

There was a lot of foreshadowing that Gon had trained himself into some sort of "monster", I mean, we've been seeing Pitou's scared reaction to him from the get go for quite some time now (years?)... and we've known that Pitou is quite powerful.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sun, 05-16-2010 at 11:07 AM.

i assume you mean actual years, not in-manga years....I guess you're rite about the kraupica situation similarities, and if it is something like that it makes it more understandable and in tune with the previously established conditions.

I dont get when this training could have occoured though, as the ant arc started almost immediately after GI Final, and Gon and Killua had just stared to learn the basics of nen at that stage. And this whole battle has only been going on for like 30 min.

Anyways, i just hope that either a) we dont see any more of the other two guards in terms of fights, or b) if there is another guard encounter, they fucking die this time instead of finding a way out and becoming more powerful.

We also haven't seen any development of Nen, like we had during all the other arcs....in the hunter exam arc they set the standards for basic physical abilities, then the Celestial Tower and GI arcs introduced the concept of nen and developed it stage by stage. This is the only arc where we havent seen any overall plot progression (nen wise). Instead its just been fights and super over-thinking of every situation.

After the intial Ant fights they did train quite a bit. It's been so long that I don't actually remember, but it was around after they fought Knuckles and his partner, and they also trained with Pam, etc. if not mistaken. That's also how Killua unleashed a new move recently.

I could be mistaken, but I know some training went on.

As for this arc, I agree, it's been a bad one and quite long. But I think since this last battle started, particularly the chapters after the recent hiatus have been top notch in terms of fights and story development... except for that acid trip chapter.

But let's see where this goes, and hopefully the arc ends soon.