Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

RE: Hunter X Hunter

Ah i have seen those black boxes once or twice.

alot of people bitched about it, as they thought it was the scanlators doing.

I don't get it why it gets cencored. They didn't do that earlier did they? If that's so, it couldn't be because of a law. IMHO censoring is always bad (because i love excessive blood and gore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]), if you don't want little kids to see that stuff just raise the minimum age to buy that manga.

Yeah, but then they lose money of the younger audience, sure they might still get it but they would surely lose money.

reason = HxH is published at shonen jump, which has censorship, when it gets out on the volume version, they can show whatever they want.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Then they should make an uncencored version for another magazine.

i can't find words to explain how stupid that idea is...

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

What did you guys think about 235?

I was shocked by how clean the pics were and the story is really getting intresting and for the first time in a while i like the chimeras speciely the lion.

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
    i can't find words to explain how stupid that idea is...
    Why? If they make an uncencored version for another magazine or an adult version of shounen jump they can sell even more, because a lot of people don't want to buy cencored stuff.

I don't think you're taking all the cost factors into consideration, for one you're assuming that the audience would grow when it probably wouldn't, rather the current fan base would split in some ratio of censored:non-censored, which would make them lose money. And why would anyone waste pages reprinting a series when you could make more money off of a new one. Plus what would be the drive for people to buy the tankubans if they did that. It's genius marketing damnit, genius.

wow, i actually have to spell it for you...

HxH is publishized in shonen jump magazine, it's part of thier line up, and it's been running there for the past five (even six) years, so basically, people who don't read shonen jump don't know the story (unless they get the volume versions).
    so, what do you think will happen if they started publishing it in a diffrent magazine? the people who read that magazine won't have any idea what's going on!
    and believe it or not, people won't buy the magazine for the HxH manga only (the avarage manga reader gotwoot fan reads 5 shonen jump mangas: naruto, one piece, bleach, HxH and death note), and the people who buy the volumes would still prefer to buy the volumes with the good artwork.

is any of this getting through to you?

about the chapter: i was hoping to see killua blowing up tanks with his elec shock, but this isn't bad either, a bit slow chapter, but it builds up the strong ant army, and next chapter is killua's yo-yo (it's been ages since we saw it) against the ants, i'm guessing a spider web theme for the yo-yo.

I wonder how strong the lion chimera is nen wise and this time i hope they show Killua beating the ant team they send at him.

The post written by Shaka Zulu was written by me i didnt know my bro was a member of this forum so i thought i was writting with my name.

Originally posted by: relevasius
    I don't think you're taking all the cost factors into consideration, for one you're assuming that the audience would grow when it probably wouldn't, rather the current fan base would split in some ratio of censored:non-censored, which would make them lose money. And why would anyone waste pages reprinting a series when you could make more money off of a new one. Plus what would be the drive for people to buy the tankubans if they did that. It's genius marketing damnit, genius.
    They do make coloured versions of some manga, so why not uncencored versions? They don't even have to release it in a manga magazine, they could also release the uncencored versions in a tankobon. If they would release it in a tankobon I don't think they would make much extra expenses, because they would still have to press the same amount of volumes. And I think the number of readers would rise because a lot of people don't buy censored manga.

so, what do you think will happen if they started publishing it in a diffrent magazine? the people who read that magazine won't have any idea what's going on!
    They could also start at the beginning... Or release the entire volume uncensored.

and believe it or not, people won't buy the magazine for the HxH manga only (the avarage manga reader gotwoot fan reads 5 shonen jump mangas: naruto, one piece, bleach, HxH and death note), and the people who buy the volumes would still prefer to buy the volumes with the good artwork.
    I think a lot of people prefer a good story, badass characters, hot action and lots of humour to pretty pictures...

is any of this getting through to you?
    Do always flame everyone that doesn't agree with you, like a punk in puberty? (safely and anonymous from behind your pc.)

ok, anyway

This chapter was like a buildup for Killua having a fight, we'll probably see a cell, or page of Gon running, trying to outrun what ever is behind him, then Killua will probably fight, and Gon shortly fighting after that. There's going to be action coming soon, all of it is pointing towards a big action sequence happening.

Originally posted by: kAi
    ok, anyway

This chapter was like a buildup for Killua having a fight, we'll probably see a cell, or page of Gon running, trying to outrun what ever is behind him, then Killua will probably fight, and Gon shortly fighting after that. There's going to be action coming soon, all of it is pointing towards a big action sequence happening.
    Yeah, that sounds very logical. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter because I'm expecting a lot of action and I think Killua will go psycho like during the first hunter exams when he ripped that guy's heart out.

Well Chapter 236 is out at squiggle-manga.co.nr

Sweet as Killua action at it's best (well not for him), it's shame Togashi resorted to putting in those square boxes again. Killua wants to try it differently because he is up verse the weaker opponents and save his trump cards to his best. When i saw the first couple of pages, I was like DAMN!!

The black boxes ruins Killuas fight completly which is a shame.

Damn I feel like I jinxed this shit, bringing up the black boxes after not seeing them for so long, and them bam. What a slap in the face.

238 is out by nexgear, get it in your usual way...

one heck of a chapter, not amazing artwise, but sure is touching and lovely.. .
    you got to respect that guy, probably the ant with the best perssonality...
    even though i think he's completly wrong (Octopus is way better than squied) he makes a valied point, and even turns out to be a decent guy in the end...