Thread: Manga: Hunter X Hunter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RE: Hunter X Hunter

I've got a really stupid question, about HxH 217 (it's out, by the way):

gon says that he went on dates with older women who love young kids, and said that he believes they're called "mania"

unfourtanly, the only word i know for pedophiles is is pedophiles, and there is no 'mania' in it...

so my question is what does gon mean? is there another english word for pedophilia? or is the translation just being sucky?

note: please, don't start with the 'orochimarumani' or 'jacksonmania' jokes, we got the point already, it ain't funny.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

DragonSpawn

RE: Hunter X Hunter

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
    I've got a really stupid question, about HxH 217 (it's out, by the way):

gon says that he went on dates with older women who love young kids, and said that he believes they're called "mania"

unfourtanly, the only word i know for pedophiles is is pedophiles, and there is no 'mania' in it...

so my question is what does gon mean? is there another english word for pedophilia? or is the translation just being sucky?

note: please, don't start with the 'orochimarumani' or 'jacksonmania' jokes, we got the point already, it ain't funny.
    Well the japanese does have some odd words for different things that might not be that obvious to the rest of the world. For example lolicon (one who fancies young peeps) isnt a word taken from english but it is in english non the less. mania is most likely just a term for people who are obsessed in something. in this case older women obsessed with younger guys. And pedophilia isnt a very "good" word. If they were to start saying pedophilia instead of mania in HxH it would be cast in a whole new light n parents n such might not take so lightly on it then =p So to summarize: they create their own english words or interpret already existing ones to their own liking [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]