Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your first anime?

What was your first anime?

My first movie was Akira, back in the 80s. I watched it and a few other things, mainly Macross/Robotech. I got out of it until the 90s, and Golgo 13 brought me back into it. Trigun was the first series I collected, started right before volume six came out. Ah, such fond memories...

RE: What was your first anime?

First anime i watched that i was aware of if Love Hina. i watched DBZ several years before that or whatever but i thought it was just another cartoon.

DBZ, heheh

well.......i saw a little bit of db on saturday morning cartoons back in like, 10 years ago......and i thought the anime style looked dumb

then my friend got me into dbz several years after that
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

yeh dbz for me too, then i saw that it was just the tip of the iceberg and paled in comparison to other great shows [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

the original dragonball for me, best out of the three
    but the freeza saga was cool, except for the runon eps

First one for me was the Unico movies, back when I was in elementary school, though I didn't know it was anime then but found out later it was and was by Osamu Tezuka ^^

The first one I started watching regularaly was Samurai Pizza Cats.

My first anime series was Robotech and Voltraun.
    I also watched those small children anime like Heidi of the Alps, Belle and Sebastian, Maya the Bee, and Marco.
    I was too young to realize these shows were anime.
    My first anime movie was Akira and it made me realize how awesome anime was.
    However the first anime that made me enjoy anime series was Rorouni Kenshin and the rest is history.

First anime (not including series that I watched as a kid like Transformers etc) I saw was Ghost In The Shell, which I bought on DVD after seeing a few short descriptions of the major anime movies on Japanorama. I just felt like something different and new (to me) so I bought it, then borrowed a few films off a mate who had Akira, X etc. First series that got me into downloading anime was Street Fighter 2 V off Kazaa, then GitS:SAC which drew me to Gotwoot in the first place back before there was a forum.

I would have to say Gatchaman or Battle of the Planets, though I don't really remember much about them. I didn't even realize they were Anime, but I really didn't get into Anime until I saw Robotech 2 the Sentinels and Gunbuster (one of my all time favorites).

Naruto was the forst serie I started to watch. A friend of mine always keeped on whining about this serie and me watch it. So one day I had to download a ep to see the serie so he would stop all the bröööl stuff. ^__^

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

Originally posted by: XwingRob
    The first one I started watching regularaly was Samurai Pizza Cats.
    where i lived, it aired right after Sailormoon! that's a hot show.

my first anime is doraemon. that's what i call a classic. and i still enjoy it now...nothing beats that! (well, naruto is almost there)

I tried my best...

(In order of occurence)

First anime. . . Hmm... I THINK my first was Robotech (not sure what else I watched when I was a kid that might have been anime), even though it was altered a bit from the original Super Dimentional Fortress Macross. Watched on what I later found out were further edited VHS copies (now watching the remastered DVDs and missing the old gunpod sound effects).

My first REAL anime (straight transition, changed only the language from Japanese to English, dubbed in other words) was Bio-Booster Armor Guyver (also my first manga) when it was released by US Renditions before Manga Video came along.

My first anime that I watched being aired on American TV was... Sailor Moon?

My first OAV, and also first subbed anime (arguably my real first REAL anime...) was Appleseed (US Renditions release, pre-Manga Video).

First anime OST, Macross Plus (been a Yoko Kanno fan since).

My first anime movie was Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (uncut version).

First anime series (TV or OAV) that I bought all the volumes of, Macross Plus.

First fansub, Princess Mononoke.

First anime I saw in an American theater, Princess Mononoke.

First anime on bilingual DVD (ooo...), Princess Mononoke.

First fansub I went through the trouble of finding and downloading myself instead of relying on friends... NARUTO!!

P.S. sorry for the detailed post, I get like that when it's almost 3 AM. . . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My first ones where the original Dragonball and Kenshin... but I didnt watch anymore... maybe some Gundam SEED

But what got me in to the anime community and anime world in general was when I first got my hands on GetBackers and Naruto... now I have watched soooo many serieses that I can't even count them (probably could but I am to lazy)

PS:... I wish to thank Bittorrent, IRC, and Emule for bringing me all my anime needs when i want them... Without them all my accomplishments couldnt have been possible...

Originally posted by: bitwar

My first anime movie was Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (uncut version).
    Uncut you say?

*gets paranoid*

Is the Manga Video DVD version (apparently 'remastered') cut?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If so, know where the uncut one is available?

Here in Norway anime hasn't really caught on on television until late... (unless you count pokemon and beyblade or whatever, but that's relatively recent stuff)

So my first experience was Ghost in the shell on some obscure channel at 4 am =P Damn that was worth it, loved every minute and i was hooked.
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

first anime was bio-booster armor guyver, samurai pizza cats, tenchi muyo, dbz, akira and whole lot of other anime i was so happy when i found out a store that had like a hundred or even more tapes of anime watched a lot of old shows then since 2 years or so i got into dowloading anime from the net

The first anime I watched was like when I was 2, and I don't remember what it was, I remember watching DragonBall back in the day (this was before I moved to the US, so I didn't know any english, in fact, I didn't know any languages that well period...) The first anime I watched knowing it was anime was Lodoss Wars, it was a raw (no sub or dub) on VHS... First dubbed anime I watched was Tenchi Muyo and the first fansubbed anime I watched was Vandread...

Possibly Transformers First generation during the 80's. Which can be considered anime, since it's done by japanese.

Or else, Japanese.. um.. Maybe Doreamon.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii