Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

I suddenly imagined this author as one of those typical side anime characters: the highly accoladed genius who's lazy as shit and totally unperturbed by his bosses/superiors' cries for making deadlines because he knows he's sitting on a golden egg and they can't do anything about it.

Doubt it. For example, look at HxH's last few chapters before the incredibly long hiatus. The art is awful, the plot is somewhat dull, and it just seemed half-assed as hell. Just because Berserk is pumped out once in a blue moon doesn't mean the mangaka isn't trying; look at the art, the explicit detail of Gut's burns, everything. And I mean come on, drawing the same manga for almost twenty years now (it premiered in '88, the year I was born :B) is bound to cause a lack of interest or motivation for the mangaka.

Just because he doesn't have deadlines doesn't mean he's lazy.

I just shared what my mind came up with. It doesn't really mean I believe what my imagination can make up.

I'm starting to suspect that the arrival upon Elfhelm might turn out to be the second advent of the Eclipse. Only this time, Guts has the foreshadowing prophecy AND the experience; although, picturing him confronting Griffith with two iron arms and both eyes disabled shut is rather amusing.

KIMOCHI~II

Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel
    although, picturing him confronting Griffith with two iron arms and both eyes disabled shut is rather amusing.
    He'll bite his legs off if needed

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSnake
    He'll bite his legs off if needed
    insert monty pyton's holy grail reference here:

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Python - Holy grail
    Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left

and I now present to you, your 291 preview

If it weren't for the dark irises, I'd assume that Griffith was carved from wood.

KIMOCHI~II

291 is out and available at mangatraders.

Go and get it now.

Shits goin' down.

I hope this happens quickly, so we can get back to Gutts.

292 Preview is out.

292 is out at genius.

looks like the emperor wants to ascend beyond the level of a super saiyan.
    I wonder how he'll be taken by the rest of the advocates (how were those 4 called?) if they start viewing him as one of them and not as a poor imatation (do you think thy have any respect for the proper order of these stuff?), it might be the turnning point for griffith's victory, once taken down from the pedestal of the Messhia, he's nothing more than an apostle for Gutts sword to crush, and the Kushan emp doesn't want to change the world (other than taking it under his control).

Does anyone know about when the next chap will be out?

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    looks like the emperor wants to ascend beyond the level of a super saiyan.
    I wonder how he'll be taken by the rest of the advocates (how were those 4 called?) if they start viewing him as one of them and not as a poor imatation (do you think thy have any respect for the proper order of these stuff?), it might be the turnning point for griffith's victory, once taken down from the pedestal of the Messhia, he's nothing more than an apostle for Gutts sword to crush, and the Kushan emp doesn't want to change the world (other than taking it under his control).
    Actually, at this point, I feel kind of bad for Ganishka. Afterall, according to the prophetic dream (probably manufactured by Griffith), the big, bad emperor will gain some horrendous power, but will simply be blown away again in the next confrontation with Griffith.

KIMOCHI~II

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    Does anyone know about when the next chap will be out?
    I heard a rumor that it's gonna be released along with duke nukem forever

Anyway, even though it's slow, still...

Berserk > all

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    where do u get the manga chaps from again??
    i get all of my scanlations from www.evil-genius.us

Quote Originally Posted by ¥»»ÄzäzëL««¥
    i get all of my scanlations from www.evil-genius.us
    You do realise that the post you quoted is going on 4 years old.

Anyway, on the manga front no news is bad news, haha.
    I predict a march release, either the 14th or 28th. (can only hope, heh)

Quote Originally Posted by kAi
    You do realise that the post you quoted is going on 4 years old.
    yeah, but i didnt reply to it as much for that person as i did for anyone else reading it. so if people need to know, they can take that answer from that question, and use it.

Geeze, I see this thread on the top of the manga section and I immediately think "OH MAN, A NEW CHAPTER IS OUT!!"

... Woe is me. :[

Yeah, talk about inducing false hope. At least we have our dear KAI to bring us a light of hope