Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i'll have to check the RAW.

If he actually referred to them as 'demons' in front of the Princess, the Pope and everyone in Midland, then, wow, that's a great move on his part.

I mean, there's no way they can get out of this battle without acknowledging the power of Griffith and his Apostles. Just plainly showing them, "Yeah, my army of hell spawn just kicked the shit out of the evil invader (demon) and saved the entire kingdom." puts everyone in the uncomfortable position of plainly seeing what kind of power Griffith has and being unable to do much about it.

It's a brilliant power play. Nobody will ever get to say "Man, something's fishy with Griffith's most powerful soldiers" because everyone will know for sure that that's how he rolls, with butt loads of super powerful demons. He's thrown diplomacy and clever schemes to the wind, banking on his horrifyingly awesome impending victory (and probably a following reign of terror) to do all the talking.

at least, that's where i'm sitting. maybe he'll spin some kind of yarn about how he's so Jesus-like that even demons obey him, but i think he's beyond such deceptions these days.

edit - yeah, that's the kanji for 'demon' alright... some cases it might be 'a spirit' but, well... most often it's used for evil demons, especially when it's War Demon Army. Yeah. Griffith's got balls like Tiger Woods.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Fri, 10-24-2008 at 08:29 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

When I saw the last couple of panels, all I could think was "Autobots transform!"

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    When I saw the last couple of panels, all I could think was "Autobots transform!"
    Times 10.

Chapter 299

edit - Blood and guts, but the only real thing of potential substance is the cliffhanger at the end, which is probably going to be how Griffith explicitly gets his message across to everyone...

I crave more development!

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

well, it's only two weeks until next chapter.

I think that Griffith's generals (the dragon guy, the lancer, etc) aren't all that special after all, the raid team had four other giant beasts beside the dragon, and they look just as scary as he does. especially the whale with legs, he is creepy.

Zodd (and the owl witch, and the weird Persian assassin) is the only decent fighter griffith has.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

300 is out
    check evil_genius for torrent

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    I think that Griffith's generals (the dragon guy, the lancer, etc) aren't all that special after all, the raid team had four other giant beasts beside the dragon, and they look just as scary as he does. especially the whale with legs, he is creepy.
    What do you mean: "not that special?" I'd imagine Locus and Grundbeld are exceptional even amongst the apostles to earn positions as unit leaders of their own specialized squads.

Also, never imagined that Irvine's apostle form would look like what it does. Thought it'd be more like one of the more surreal type of apostle seen during the Eclipse event. Makes me wonder if Griffith will take on Godhand form to battle wacky-inflatable-tubearm-emperor.

KIMOCHI~II

Bagandscalpel makes a rare appearance.

I hope all those humans following Griffith die. Thats why I hate religious coots who go on and on about faith, any logical thinking person would know somethings up. The reason they thought Guts was evil was because he was always involved with monsters, the fact that he was fighting them didn't make any difference because everywhere he went monsters showed up.

But here we have a man thought to be long dead suddenly appear out of nowhere calling himself the Hawk of Light and he has a freaking army of Demons, and she just says "so what if they're monsters" and thats it.

What a load of crap, and you know whats funny. They're shouting sorceress sorceress and the pope is right there. Doesn't the church hunt sorceresses down and burn them
    Last edited by Abdula; Sat, 11-29-2008 at 04:24 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

well, yeah, of course it's ridiculous hypocrisy for the church... but then again, the facts Sonya pointed out are undeniable: the monsters are fighting to protect the people of Midland (for now).

besides, what are their options right now, really? They're going to have to follow Griffith's excellent orders just to survive this battle, even with the demon army taking the brunt of the assault. there will be plenty of time for grumbling and religious fervor after they battle ends...

but i've got a feeling that, yes, by and large the people (particularly the Pope) are going to buy all of this crap and throw away all their pre-existing religious values and thoughts on magic in a bus-sized plot hole. but, we'll see...

Miura's Berserk Manga Goes on Hiatus Again in Japan:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...again-in-japan

For the love of god somebody please break Miura's Xbox so he can't fucking play idol master anymore. I want Gutts to reach that fucking island.

chap 301 is out and finally works. http://www.evil-genius.us/

Lets see if this bad-boy starts making any resistance or if he is just gonna take it all the way to his fall.

I should be happy shouldn't I, but for some reason I'm not....
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I bet you that If the promotional picture was of gutts and not Griffith, you would have felt differently.

still, it's good news. Berserk comes out (when it comes out) once every two weeks, right?

Well it should, but for the past year its been coming out randomly so I wouldn't get my hopes up.....although I would think Miura is tired of fapping to Idol Master by now....

New chapter is finally out and it looks like it will come out on a biweekly schedule:

http://www.franky-house.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9098

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    New chapter is finally out and it looks like it will come out on a biweekly schedule:

http://www.franky-house.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9098
    Yay, that was not a long wait at all... Now if only this arc would finish so we could get back to the more important stuff in "Berserk life".

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    Yay, that was not a long wait at all... Now if only this arc would finish so we could get back to the more important stuff in "Berserk life".
    By now I forgot what is happening at all...

*looks for EG release*

wow, pretty scarce on the dialog.

two weeks ain't a long time at all. that's good news