Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Berserk

More importantly some of the nobles or soldiers should know about his past since he was a famous warrior when he was with the hawks speciely after they won the war.

I mean not many men go around with a big sword like Guts.

Berserk

Actually that would be really cool, if someone there would recognise him.

Saying something like "the 100 man slayer!" or something, that would be awesome, or "the Hawks Raid Commander!"

Berserk

Yeah, nobles kids or women wanting to feel his muscles or something like that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyway, I think that part of the manga will totally rock even if much of it is told in flashbacks, They need to know.

Berserk

hmm berserk, as in the game for the dreamcast with almost the same name??? swords of berserk: guts rage??
    and is there an anime of this series then?
    -----------------

RE: Berserk

The manga is the true form for it.

Yes, there is an anime it's 25 episodes long.

Not to metion the anime leaves off at a spot that is a horrible cliffhanger.

It's alright, but I'd recommend avoiding the anime if you can. The manga is drawn more than well enough for it to be ignored.

I thought it was a great way to end the anime, make you want more, what happens next. It's perfect if they decide to do a season two. Also it makes you want to know what happened, and then you read the manga and are blown away by how crappy the anime seems compared to the manga.

I hated how they left a whole character out of the anime, which would be needed for a season two, you could still work around it, but it would be much crappier.

Berserk

Originally posted by: kAi
    Actually that would be really cool, if someone there would recognise him.

Saying something like "the 100 man slayer!" or something, that would be awesome, or "the Hawks Raid Commander!"
    Yup, watching Isidoro talk about Gatts without realising it's him.. Kinda make me have a funny feeling.. "If only I was in the manga". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But somehow, I think he's going to keep it a secret to them until maybe much later.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Berserk

Btw... kinda entering into an intellectual discussion here...

Do any of you feel, that Gatts in the overall story, is actually the bad guy? He is the protoganist, but he is also the bad guy to the world.

Think of it, he's the only person (bar the Kushan) who wants to kill Griffith. And Griffith isn't the destroyer, but rather the saviour and future King of Midland (The white falcon, and Gatts is the dark falcon), who has crazy dreams of having his own kingdom, and is fated to be the Ruler of the world. Griffith is the saviour of Midland. Though he has skeletons in his closet, but only 2 people knows of them. Gatts and Caska. And every realistic ruler have skeletons.

Griffith has made a decision to become King sacrificing friends and loved one's to reach to the Top. Putting everyone beneath him, and Gatts is the only one in his eyes that he considers equal.. or worth 'saving'. Till the eclipse.

So in a way, Gatts is actually the bad guy of the story, but rather a tragic bad guy. He's not bad per se, but he's not the saviour of the people. Nor the savior of Midland.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Gatts us a nice guy, if you call killing anything that gets in his way, then yeah.

Well, Griiffiths brought out the hell, and Gatts is putting them back in hell.
    I think he is a nice guy.

Remember this stoopider.... IN the first ep of the anime... People in the tavern blame Griffith for the mosters and all the havoc...

Not to mention the fact that before Griffith awoke, monsters could not enter the real world if it was not for some major event... Now monsters are wrecking havoc all over ther plave... When Griffith became what he now is, he drew the astral world and the real world closer to each other....

And there is no way in hell that Gatts is evil. He has never cared about people really that much, that's true, but during his journey he has always warned people from getting too close to him, he has also tried to take the hardest and deepest wodden paths to his goal because he never wanted people in the surrounding "getting in his way" but also because he never wants to hurt them...

Gatts has almost never killed anyone who doesn't deserve it or other than what his duty tells him...

Gatts is a brute and he doesn't think, or rather, he never used to think before he acted, but I have seen dramatic changes in his expressions and his way of talking.

ty for the info, i really liked the game, ill look into the manga and anime then
    -----------------

Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
    Remember this stoopider.... IN the first ep of the anime... People in the tavern blame Griffith for the mosters and all the havoc...
    They Did? Too long ago [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]. Haven't seen that in ages. But I don't see how they could have known Griffith was the cause of the resurrection of monsters and convergence of the worlds. Maybe it was because it's the first episode, the author haven't thought things out properly.

Not to mention the fact that before Griffith awoke, monsters could not enter the real world if it was not for some major event... Now monsters are wrecking havoc all over ther plave... When Griffith became what he now is, he drew the astral world and the real world closer to each other....
    No. I didn't say Gatts is evil, rather misunderstood. But as it is, Griffith is the hero, and the savior and soon to be King of the world. But the King of Kushan (though he said, that in the prophecy he should follow the White Hawk, but he also fights against destiny because he's not willing to give up his throne).

If Gatts did kill Griffith, I can't imagine what would happen though. The world may be thrown into chaos. But I think Lord Raban is potrayed for a reason, I think he'll be the one who will take over Griffith's throne.

-------------

Btw.. At the seaside. Who is the child that Caska was carrying? Was it their child? (Gatts and Caska, that has been demonised by Griffith?)

But then.. Isn't Griffith's new body Gatts and Caska's child that was eaten by the egg at the tower where Griffith returned?

It seemed to protect Gatts and Caska as well. Then again, Griffith is unable to kill Caska and Gatts Godo's house when he's body started reacting to Caska, as if a parent to them.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

yes, the child is Gatts and Caska's, rightfully.. But due to the rape conducted by Griffith on Caska, the child was polluted with evil and took an easier turn to become evil. This is said by The Skull knight early after the escape out of the hurricane.

And yes, the child was eaten by the egg and did become The new reborn Griffith.

I'm not sure how it protected Gatts, but indeed it did protect Caska... And maybe he can't kill Caska, but he can deffinately kill Gatts, that's the reason why he took the time to meet him at the cliff where all his friends had graves... He wanted to see if Gatts face and anger could sway his heart. But he left saying he was relieved that it couldn't...

But I am quite sure Gatts Sword can sway his heart [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

In the anime the people in the tavern blame Griffith (being the new king) for all the havoc... I don't know exactly what they are poiting at, but seeing as their own city is run by a demon suggests quite a lot to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

They say that they are the 5 angels. And yes, there would be problems if they died as all of the astral world would be overthrown into a new kind of oblivion... And the real world of Midland would be without a king, that is also true. But I think someone in the resistance will take a major role there, the fat minister whatever his name is will take his chance to come back up again, but he will not take the leading role, probably the guy you mentioned or someone else that will told about later...

I can't even begin to think about what will happen to the princess as though she is madly in love with Griffith... Either she will die, or she will have to accept fate and become the queen alone or with someone else by her side. Probably alone though as though she will not be able to forget about Griffith in a flash of lightning.

One solution is that Griffith would be defeated by Gatts but not really die and then become an ordinary human... And also a good person... But seeing as Gatts would never allow any kind of Griffith alive, that is highly unlikely.

The thing i want to see in the manga as soon as possible though is in order.

1. Serpico and Farnese will continue travelling with Gatts.
    2. Caska getting her memories back in the elven village.
    3. Gatts will together with Caska if she copes tell the whole story about Griffith and the Hawks.
    4. Gatts will without Caska continue his quest to kill Griffith together with the rest of the "band of the owls" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Berserk

Gatts isn't the most 'saintly' of people, I'll give it that. He always has thought that people who lack the ability to protect themselves don't deserve to live, but he also has this twisted sense of justice. Way in the early chapters, when he killed that little girl's father (mutated freak that he was), he told her to come back and kill him when she was ready. Though there are some parts where he will protect the weak, he really only repects people who have the will to defend themselves with whatever strength they have, without the aid of outside forces.

Griffith really comes off as the bad guy to me. He's power hungry beyond all imagination, and will use whatever he needs to in order to get there. He used Gatts, Caska and anyone else he needed to. He succumbed to the power that 'true evil' can give him and even had the audacity to come back to the earth to take over the world. He doesn't care about the consequences of his quest for power, so he's making the world hell. Plus he came back even more effeminate than before and looks even more like nobility as if he's some saint (even though he brought hell to earth), and that just pisses me off.

The two of them seem to parallel one of the other God's Hands and the Death/Skull knight, it was pretty obvious from the Selkie chapters, so they obviously don't completely follow the good/evil line like black and white, but in my mind Griffith is completely evil.

And that little psychic girl Griffith's got with him now really creeps me out.

Oh no Stoopieder has been brainwashed by Griffith [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

How can you call Gatts the bad guy ok he kills alot but mostly they are monster or soldeirs he killed in the war or people who makes him fight.

Also just cause the people in midlan is lured by the dream Griffith planted doesnt mean that Griffith will become the king or savior and stuff.

The only thing that makes Guts as bad guy in people eyes are cause of when he kills the apostles they return to thier human form thats the only reason that even the vatican were after him. When people see the real Griffith they will beg for Guts to save them from him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Berserk

hey guys, canyone know where i can find the latest chapters in berserk?

I kept up on it for a while, i always got it from #evilgenius the whole was Theworld but i can't seem to find that now, can you help me? been a while

EDIT: nvm i figured it out lol

www.tokyotosho.com

Use search function and you will have it in your arms in no-time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

berserk is by far my favorite manga of all time, my only real beef is how SLOW it comes out, it drives me insane. Anyway... I think ishidoro (sp?) well come to know that Gatts was the blackswordman soon, perhaps even from Serpico who is affiliated with nobles more, i think he would know something about Gatts

Ishidoro knows already i think cause he said something about the Black Swordsman when he met Guts and after he have been with him a while he knows for sure.