Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

RE: Berserk

Well maybe it's to point out many of the bad things that happens in the world... I mean, it's not like it's not common with crime in the real world...

I think the way he makes the manga world feel alive by putting up so many disigusting things is really great.

I totaly agree he doesnt put in rape or other bad things in the manga for fun its to show how dark and brutal the Berserk world is.

maybe he likes drawing rapes?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] nah i do agree with you that it makes it feel much more alive with all the disgusting shit he manages to draw. im just questioning weather or not he is sane.

Kentarou Miura looks like a little timid guy, he's like one of those guys you might be scared that would come and shoot you, for picking on him at school.

ah one of the quiet guys with the fucked up mind, those are the scariest people around, a 2meter russian guy with scars all over his face is less scary.

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    maybe he likes drawing rapes?[img][/img] nah i do agree with you that it makes it feel much more alive with all the disgusting shit he manages to draw. im just questioning weather or not he is sane.
    As long as he makes Berserk as good as it is then who cares if he isnt sane [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

true, the manga is amazing im a little sad that i will soon reach where you guys are, at vol 24 at the moment.

and then you will have to wait just like the rest of us for another chapter...

it's annoying and troublesome, but WORTH it, that's the only manga I would actually PAY for (if I could buy it in my country, but I can't and I can't afford to import it from the states [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ).

yeah, it's one of those moments when you wish you could understand japanese...

Yep, I have now for a very long time wanted to buy the manga and the anime but has always had a shotage of money :/...

By the way, this might be coming a little bit late... But as the creator of this thread I'd like to thank everyone for being so enthusiastic about Berserk... Lets make this the biggest thread ever, slowly but surely it is coming along [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Berserk

has vol 28 been released in a full vol set yet?

Berserk

Yes, please search for it at www.tokyotosho.com . There they have the Hawks version of vol 28.

Berserk

Woot, 256 preview is out,
    Title: zŲ - Duel

Berserk

You never fail us, thank you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Only that pic shread some light on this closed world where Berserk is read even less than it used to be..

Why oh why oh gods of Berserk do you release each chapter over such a long period of time?

Berserk

Look at the art in this manga, and compare it to some of the more popular manga titles currently. Naruto and Bleach pale in comparison to the graphical detail of Berserk. That one period of HunterxHunter, isn't even in the same universe that the quality of Berserk. The only thing I can think of that comes close is any of Ken Akamatsu's work (Love Hina, Negima) and that's mostly because they pre-draw the backgrounds and pencil in the characters. The detail of Berserk even tops that.

That kind of detail takes time, and its well worth it.

You can always reread the 255 chapters already released, or lots of other manga like I do to pass the time.

Berserk

Vagabond is the only manga i read that can compare to Berserk in art qaulity. Mabye thats why the two mangakas shared the Tezuka award in 2002 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

EG said that 256 is out this weekend so finaly some Berserk again and Guts fighting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Berserk

Berserk Raw is out, go get it at #udanraws @ irc.irchighway.net or skullknight.net and the text translation is at skullknight also.

Berserk

When can we expect to be seeing Evil Genius version?

Berserk

Originally translated by: puella
    Episode 256: Duel
    Chapter of Falconia
    Millennium Falcon Arc

Page 5

Isidro: Serpico is fighting against Guts without his magical hood...
    Puck: I want to add him under my instruction.
    Isidro: He seems to try to hold back Guts' sword with the pillars...
    Excellent...ha! Is this his maneuver?
    Serpico: Your sword is so powerful that it can't even be categorized as a sword. It can split even a rock into two.
    But as long as you hold a sword, such a great power can only be fully displayed when the tip of the sword reaches full speed.
    Therefore, no matter how much you try, you can't get the right speed here because the movement of your sword is hindered by the pillars.**

Page 6

Serpico: Moreover, his wounds still haven't healed....

Page 7

Serpico: ...However, he still has enough power to cut several stone pillars with iron cores.
    I can't just dodge it forever.
    But my slender sword can't pierce his armor.
    The places I can aim at are limited.
    Oh, he tries to stab me in the right place as I expected. This is my only chance!

Page 8

Serpico: To dodge it...
    Here!

Page 9

Serpico: He changed his hand...!
    He's reading my moves!

Page 10

Schierke: Why in hell are they...

Page 11

Serpico: He's incredibly strong yet also reckless.
    ...I'm far from being passionate.

Page 12

Serpico: I've accomplished the duties that were given to me, adapting to the surroundings. This is my way.
    My mind could stay calm at least though I thought it was a bit absurd.

Page 13

Serpico: Adaptation... No. It's just that my mind had been paralyzed.
    But meeting you and joining the journey,
    Madam Farnese isn't the only one that has been changed, I've also changed much myself.
    He has fought face to face with his fate and has lived such a life burning his body in the Karma Fire unlike me, cold. (??)
    Disguising the wind I didn't know of, maybe I also have been supplied to the heat unconsciously.

Page 14

Serpico: You're the man who I can't help but appreciate.
    I've felt helpless with the fact that Madam Farnese has been changed beause of you but I've also been happy with that.

Page 15

Serpico: That's why I shouldn't allow it.
    It shouldn't happen....!!

Page 16

Schierke: Serpico...!
    Isidro: Be careful! Serpico...!
    There's no pillar...!
    Schierke: Now, you can't hide and attack anymore...
    Serpico: This is the last chance...!

Page 18

Serpico: ...This is
    What I've been waiting for!!
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Berserk

thank you, but that just doesn't make mine twitch.

Oh well, whilst I am waiting for the Evil-Genius version, I might as well be nice to y'all

>>>Suzerain of the Ecclesiastical Authority<<< Is the title

Berserk

When is Evanidus subbing I wonder? I read somewhere that he's having his exams now (?) or is on holiday (?).

I should go to his forums and give him moral support. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii