Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Berserk

Wait a second? Isn't Griffith still femto? Just because he's been reincarnated back on earth dosen't mean that he isn't one of the godhands. My guess is that should griffith defeat the kushans, (or al queda as I like to call them) that he will then instituite his own reign of power and terror like none before bringing about the apocolypse. Don't they keep on referring to the prophecy about the the hawk bringing about the world's end and a new age of darkness like none before.

Oh is it just me or does it seem like the manga's been signifigantly toned down ever since gatts got his merry band of companions to roam around the countryside with. Not nearly as much rape and pillaging as there was before. Completely different tone then the other arcs. Although I do admist seeing something positive happen is a nice change of pace from the norm. Also seems as if gatt's is calming down in his old age (white spot in hair) and becomming more docile as opposed to his more brutal savage self. Oh also I'm just wondering wanted to throw out my theory of the armor and see what you guys think.

Armor serves as a very unique visual literary device. I quite literally serves as a point of manifestation for gatt's unquealchable rage. Throughout the entire series we've seen bits and pieces of gatts rage which makes him almost a greater monster then the one's he's foced to fight. His sheer rage is something that threatens to consume him in battle. I guess that's why I really like the armor.

Oh one last question. Just wondering do the first three volumes serve as events that occured during the two year time lapse between Gatt's first encounter with the eclipse and the part in the manga where it takes place two years after with him hunting fighting the evil fairy girl and being tracked down by the knights of the holy chain?

Berserk

Griffiths was reincarnated back to flesh from his God Hand form, he's still a god hand, but just flesh.

The tone down just goes with the arc really, well that's how I see it, it isn't a brutal part, it's more of a get to a certain place also with Guts being injured from Slan wasn't a good thing either. Also, Guts is only like 22 years old.

and your last question is correct.

Berserk

Yeah, that is something that most people forget... Guts age. Most people seem to think that just because he got a few grey straws on his head, he is 40. I counted the years a little while back, and as Kai says, he is around 22-25 years old.

He is still far from the perfected warrior berserk and he knows it. He has also learnt that being a warrior does not only mean being able to kill a 100 demons in one night but also being knowledgable and understand politics and psychology.

A Berserk is good, but being cold and subtle is better.

But damn why is this arc moving so slowly??? Kai, when is the next chap due arrival?

Berserk

Hehe why would Guts need to understand politics? Its not like he lives in thier world. In his world there are two things his friends and getting rid of Griffith and his apostles.

According to a timeline in skullknigt he is 23 or 24.

About toning down it wouldnt be so good if the manga was brutal as before all the time. Guts and his band must have thier moments before the horrible things happen again.

When he gets rid of Casca current problem,then hopefully it will be more battles cause sometime he has to face the apostles again.

Berserk

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
    Hehe why would Guts need to understand politics? Its not like he lives in thier world. In his world there are two things his friends and getting rid of Griffith and his apostles.
    Guts and Griffith's weapons (and the way they fight) symbolize how they deal with the world.

Guts isn't that stupid, he's got a very good head for tactics, but he makes remarks somewhere in the series how much he hates politics. All backstabbing and no honor I suppose. I think somewhere else he tells Serpicio that he'll kill him face to face. (or I might be getting confused with Ares. Too much manga recently.)

The Dragonslayer symbolizes that. It a huge sword that allows for no subtlety, just like Guts. He can use it far more fluidly than anyone thinks any human could, mostly through spins and such. Just like facing Guts, when the Dragonslayer comes in, you know exactly what's coming at you, but you also know there's really no way you can stop it.

Griffith on the other hand uses a fine long sword, and he fights a lot more like Serpicio, using finesse instead of raw power. He'll use whatever political means he can, like his *cough* fundraising practices. We rarely see Griffith actually fight, he's usually involved in some intrigue or leading the troops. That sort of quick thrust fighting is the same as how he operates politically, where Guts avoids it all together, preferring the direct approach.

Berserk

Well said.

However, where would Guts' arm cannon, crossbow, and bombs fall into this?

Unlike the DS, the arm cannon isn't that conspicuous, unless you knew it was already there. And for the most part, Guts' foes only see the fake arm.

KIMOCHI~II

Berserk

265 Preview, looks pretty damn cool to me, seems to have some good action this chapter.

Just finished with chapter 265, no translation as of yet, I'll post a link when it's up.

Nice action, Guts and co are straight into the action, and nice big suprise at the end of the chapter. Didn't think it would be so quick.

Berserk

Originally posted by: bagandscalpel
    Well said.

However, where would Guts' arm cannon, crossbow, and bombs fall into this?

Unlike the DS, the arm cannon isn't that conspicuous, unless you knew it was already there. And for the most part, Guts' foes only see the fake arm.
    As I see it, the fake arm cannon has been his last resort when he is in a pinch. But the fake arm, the throwing knives and the crossbow isn't a part of him like his sword, like he says at the end of the series. His sword is more than a dream, it is himself in a lot of ways.

This chap looks aweseome, but it will probably end right before anything ever happens.

Berserk

hehe

mangatraders.com has the chapter up.

Berserk

just the raw?

Berserk

probably, since EG is probably the first to sub, and when it comes out, we will know.

Berserk

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it needs to be said.
    December 22 is when chapter 266 will be released.

265 text translation, hurry and read.

Millennium Falcon arc
    Chapter of Falconia
    City of the Pishacha

page 1

Knight: Don't falter!!

Don't fall back! Defend this district with your lives! !

So this is Kushan *sorcery*...!!

Don't fall for their trickery!!

Crowd: Uwahhh, they're coming!!

page 2

Crowd: Commander!! Those (things) are no deception...!!

Hiii..

Knight: R..Reinforcements!?

page 4

Guts: Tch! We promptly ran into them,huh?

Schierke: I'm sorry but it's difficult to read the Od because of the chaos inside the city..

Ivarella: A new species,again?

page 5

Guts: Oh well, we might as well force our way through.

page 6

Crowd: W..Who is that man!?

He (slays) those monsters with one swing..!!

Schierke: Guts, watch it, if you're being rash, the power of the armour will again...
    Guts: This can't be compared to the competition with Serpico
    Farnese/All: Eh?

Isidro: Shaa! (I think) i'll also get a bit violent then!
    Puck: Make no mistake.
    Roderick: Oi! Is that really alright? Aside from that swordsman Guts, those two...
    *Nevertheless, they're (just) brats.*

page 7

Farnese: I think it's alright.
    Because it's always like this.

page 8

Puck: Let's go!! Teacher & Student Attack!!
    Isidro: Ah!
    Puck: Charge!

Puck: Puck Spark!

Puck: Follow me, Padawan.

Isidro: Well, that's okay..

page 9

Crowd: H..He flew..!!
    Crowd: He cuts them down without them even touching him!!
    Crowd: The enemies burst into flames..!?

Roderick: That's..!?
    Ivarella: Aren't you stupid? It's magic, of course.
    Magnifico: Magic...

Ivarella: Look! Get them out! Ivarellas'! (note: in case you have already forgotten, it's a word-play: ibarera no (Ivarellas') : ibara no hebi (Serpents of Thorns).

Ivarella: That smarts really good.

page 10

Farnese: Yeah
    Ivarella: It's magic.

Roderick: Farnese. What are you people..?

Ivarella: Schierke,Ivarella and their group of (loyal) servants.

Schierke: ! Guts!

page 11

Serpico: We disposed almost all of them, right?
    Isidro: You're late with locating, witch.
    Guts: Let's hurry!

Schierke: Let's go, if we linger around too much, we could probably be attacked by enemies again.
    Ivarella: Well, (they) were frightened here,right?

Roderick: ..Amazing! Your little sister and her company!
    Magnifico: A..A witch from House Vandimion...

page 12

Crowd: They don't fear those monsters as opponents at all. Such a skillful way of fighting...
    Crowd: Who are those people that accompany him?

page 13

Ivarella: How awful..
    Guts: Just like a battlefield.

Schierke: *It's just like Sonia showed it to me...*
    Roderick: If we escape through that warehouse area, we will reach the port! Let's hurry before that fire rolls over us.
    Guts: Wait!

page 16

Isidro: Another one appeared!!
    Puck: Hanagon (note: a bit tricky, i think it's a contraction of hana "nose" and kon, which is the term for a big,mythical fish..maybe i'm thinking too hard on that one. Suggestions are welcome!)
    Roderick: T..That's...!?
    Serpico: So, it wasn't just this one (from back then).
    Magnifico: Hiiii!!

page 17

Magnifico: H..Hiii! (They come) from here as well!!
    Schierke: That's not good!
    Serpico: That's quite a bother!
    Ivarella: An overbite festival.

page 18

Guts: I'll leave the small ones for you while i'll smash the big one.

Schierke: B..But Guts...

Guts: No problem.
    Guts: ...But..In case something goes wrong, i'll leave it to you. (note: he actually says something around the lines of "when i'm crippled/crawling" ..whatever, i think it meets his thought^^)

Schierke: I understand (thoroughly).

page 19

Isidro/Guts: Well then
    Guts: Shall we begin?

Berserk

WAH WAH WAH!!!

Awesome! Damn.. December 22nd!?
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Berserk

December 22nd, huh?

I'm currently dying on the inside due to this bit of news.

KIMOCHI~II

Berserk

Originally posted by: Ryllharu
    Guts and Griffith's weapons (and the way they fight) symbolize how they deal with the world.

Guts isn't that stupid, he's got a very good head for tactics, but he makes remarks somewhere in the series how much he hates politics. All backstabbing and no honor I suppose. I think somewhere else he tells Serpicio that he'll kill him face to face. (or I might be getting confused with Ares. Too much manga recently.)

The Dragonslayer symbolizes that. It a huge sword that allows for no subtlety, just like Guts. He can use it far more fluidly than anyone thinks any human could, mostly through spins and such. Just like facing Guts, when the Dragonslayer comes in, you know exactly what's coming at you, but you also know there's really no way you can stop it.

Griffith on the other hand uses a fine long sword, and he fights a lot more like Serpicio, using finesse instead of raw power. He'll use whatever political means he can, like his *cough* fundraising practices. We rarely see Griffith actually fight, he's usually involved in some intrigue or leading the troops. That sort of quick thrust fighting is the same as how he operates politically, where Guts avoids it all together, preferring the direct approach.
    Thats cause Guts and Griffith are totaly diffrent. Guts uses the direct approach cause he has the raw power for it while Griffith has to have an army and be political cause he doesnt have Guts streangth and Griffith have things that Guts doesnt have.

Damn... its almost 2 months left we have been spolied lately by almost biweekly chaps.

Berserk

Just had a thought.

Though Griffith surely does not possess the raw power that Guts has, does he, as the reborn Millenium Falcon, still possess Godhand power? (i.e. can he still crush variable amounts of space and manipulate objects just by willing it?) It's been shown that he can dodge arrows with relative ease.

KIMOCHI~II

Berserk

Maybe he does not have all the power like a femto since he must be restricted in some manors with a human body. But he has indeed powers beyond that of an average human.

I'd say Guts would have quite a hard time fighting Griffith, or there would be nothing more to the story really. If he just beat him like in the snowfield when he left the band of the hawks there would be no struggle.

Berserk

He cant have the God hands power, an evidence of that can be that Zodd is his bodygourd. He is still stronger than Guts since he isnt human anymore but he woulndt hurt Guts just by being near him as when he was Femto.

Berserk

Well that was basically what I said.

Berserk

He cant have the God hands power, an evidence of that can be that Zodd is his bodygourd. He is still stronger than Guts since he isnt human anymore but he woulndt hurt Guts just by being near him as when he was Femto.
    Zodd chooses to be his bodyguard.
    Also, Guts' starts bleeding out the back of his neck when he see's Griffiths, I think it didn't hurt him at the time simply because of the rage at the moment, and then fighting Zodd, but it does hurt Casca though.