Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

I finally picked up this manga, which is also my first. I went out and bought volume 1 today. This is suppose to help me stay away from games so I can focus more on school. Stay at the library and study, when I get bored, I'll just pick up my manga and read it.... Instead of losing focus and going home because I'm bored out of my mind.

Hopefully this plan works, or this $13 will be for nothing! lol.

How many volumes are out? I saw up to 20 at the store.

Right off the bat, Some differences from the anime are obvious. I see that the girl being kicked around in the bar in the anime was suppose to be that fairy named Puck.
    Last edited by Idealistic; Thu, 02-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.

I seriously don't see how this is gonna help you study. You'll get so wrapped up in this manga you wish you'd never begun reading it, because you'll never want to put it away once you start. This is THE ALL-TIME BEST manga out there. Well, at least it's good that you have come closer to it and will begin reading it. There is a total of 33 volumes at the moment, but I can't say how many there are in the US stores, I just don't know since I live in Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    I finally picked up this manga, which is also my first. I went out and bought volume 1 today. This is suppose to help me stay away from games so I can focus more on school. Stay at the library and study, when I get bored, I'll just pick up my manga and read it.... Instead of losing focus and going home because I'm bored out of my mind.

Hopefully this plan works, or this $13 will be for nothing! lol.

How many volumes are out? I saw up to 20 at the store.

Right off the bat, Some differences from the anime are obvious. I see that the girl being kicked around in the bar in the anime was suppose to be that fairy named Puck.
    Interesting plan, hope it works. At least you won't be bored once you start.

Oh yes, as I'm sure you've noticed, that "girl being kicked around in the bar in the anime" suffers a much crueler fate in the manga.

KIMOCHI~II

I suggest you read the manga first, then the anime.

Meh, I've already seen the anime awhile back.... Just finally got into the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    Meh, I've already seen the anime awhile back.... Just finally got into the manga.
    I don't agree, I think reading the manga after has been much more awarding. Partially because I didn't know there was a manga in the beginning and when I found out I was super happy. But also because if you read the manga, there simply isn't any point in watching the anime, and also if you do watch it after reading, you will just start complaining about the little things.

...and after complaining about the anime, you'll start complaining on trivial things in the anime too!

It's really not the best way to get more focused in school. How about this, take a walk? It's dull and boring, ALMOST makes homework ALMOST interesting. Maybe.

And can someone tell me how "often" any chapters get out?
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

There is supposed to be a new chapter every other week... (is that how you say it? :P) However, unlike most mangaka, Berserk mangaka is very special with it seems unlimited freedom to do what he wants when he wants. So if we even get 1 chapter each month it would almost be a miracle. KAi seems to think that march is the big month, lets hope he is correct.

Well, I know he takes his time but since they've introduced magic in the series it has become to soft....

But sure, a serie just based on raw-irites may become boring for a while..
    crapping up...
    hold them closely

First off, sorry guys, still no news on when the next chap is due.

This is more about the content of the manga. I just re-read it for like the 100th time... And this is the first time I actually notice that Griffith wasn't able to shake his feelings for Caska and Guts.

You all remember he went to the cemetary to meet with guts to see if he would feel nothing, and he says he doesn't feel anything. And then Zodd starts doing the rumble with Guts.

This is the first time that I actually reflected upon the baby that Griffith used to become "human" again... It was just a minor but still significant part of this manga that I had totally overlooked.

Can't wait for the next chap... well I guess I can, since it's probably gonna be more Griffith bullshit, I skip reading his parts every time I re-read the manga because him and the little witch girl who follows him around make me sick to my stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    Can't wait for the next chap... well I guess I can, since it's probably gonna be more Griffith bullshit, I skip reading his parts every time I re-read the manga because him and the little witch girl who follows him around make me sick to my stomach
    Heh, the little psychic girl (whose name escapes me), you mean?

Considering the feelings she harbors for Griffith, I want to see her at least stir up some unease among Griffith's fantasy paradise.

EDIT at below: Ah, good, good. Come to think of it, Ganishka's been slow-roasting in that Apostle-amalgamation for some time now.
    Last edited by bagandscalpel; Wed, 02-20-2008 at 03:04 AM.

KIMOCHI~II

I hear on the grape vine that Berserk is supposed to be released this Friday!!
    22/02/08

Miura apologized for the wait and said the story would resume in Wyndham castle.

Quote Originally Posted by kAi
    I hear on the grape vine that Berserk is supposed to be released this Friday!!
    22/02/08

Miura apologized for the wait and said the story would resume in Wyndham castle.
    Awesome, that's only two days from now, lets hope it's true... If so, the translated shouldn't be much more than a week away.

It might even be less but hey, let's not jump down the hill until we really know what's down there.
    crapping up...
    hold them closely

Ok, so I'm not sure if I'm willing to buy every single volume so I was wondering if there was a website to read the manga like how Naruto has one.

I'm about half way through volume 2 at the moment.

If you want to read Berserk you need to either buy it or download it, you cannot read it off the net as far as I know. on the other hand, you can find torrents for Berserk just about anywhere since it's one of the most popular manga ever made.

www.tokyotosho.com is one of those place, just search for it and you will truly be blessed.

293 PREVIEW!!!!!!!

You da man.

Awesome pic, Kentarou Miuras level of detail never cease to surprise me. Nothing extravagant about the pic, but awesome quality.

Hopefully this will also mean Miura is ready to release every other week this whole year.

I don't really remember what the name was but there are a site where you can online read manga and Berserk is one of them. They're also up-to-date.

But damn, I just don'r remember the site's name, sorry : P!
    crapping up...
    hold them closely