Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Just start from page 1. It's worth it.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    it's been awhile for me...

chapter 301:
    i thought this chapter was actually a lot better the second time i read it. before i was really hoping for dialogue and plot advancement, but if you're just looking to see how Griffith is actually bringing together demons and humans (although he is responsible for their needing to co-exist...) it's almost moving. this would be a 'feel good end of a battle' chapter in just about every other anime/manga. shockingly, seeing what Griffith's done with his fate, i can't say it seems terrible at all. it almost makes you forget, makes you think maybe he isn't all bad... almost...

but we'll see.

chapter 302: only thoughts are, when this whole thing is finally finished, they NEED to make a full anime adaptation. chapters like this are just not the same with stills, even though some of the shots were impressive

chapter 303: excellent use of contrast shading in this chapter.(rendering the Behelit the exact same color as human flesh was a particularly nice touch) really well done. i particularly like the part about the emperor becoming completely paranoid about his own family, only to be justified in it. Griffith also pwns him in particularly regal, again almost sympathetic fashion. Excellent echoing of Gutts being 'blinded'. Skull Knight, you are without a doubt my favorite undead character in anything.

another chapter where Griffith almost seems too good to be true. the Skull Knight's emergence is used to throw another FUCK! wrench into the plot

chapter 304: manipulated by Griffith, the Skull Knight unwittingly has his one greatest power end up helping the God Hands he despises. you can hardly get him any closer to Gutts. Also, the Emperor becoming 'the door/light' is so reminescent of The Egg for the New World, it's almost redundant. however, the effect seems to have connected even normal people to the ethereal. Looks like Schiernke is going to be obsolete in a short bit...

chapter 305: overall, wow, they have been spending alot of time on Griffith's side of things, but i don't think it's bad. this whole development feels right epic and, really, is it so much different from focusing on the Heretics and the Egg of the New World characters from way back when? if they rushed through and were all, "oh yeah, Griffith manipulates Skull Knight to get the two worlds to merge" out of nowhere, it'd feel alot crappier, at least to me.

humans be fucked. What I liked about this chapter is the ending, which shows that, no matter how beautiful Griffith is and how elegant and breathtaking everything he does is, he's still a bastard he doesn't care one iota for anything else. it pretty much is a slap for idiots like myself who were going all, "man, Griffith is doing some really good deeds". Of course he is, because HE'S going to benefit most from it.

I really am interested to see what happens with the 'new world' and Gutts' 'inner demon'. Can't imagine that it's going to be any easier controlling it now... I took the ending to be a sign that they will be getting back to Gutts shortly. Of course, that's who i want to read about first, but this last arc was really pretty good.

i think rockmanj is right. once they get to Elfheim, they'll have to deal with some of the new issues about the worlds being merged, (read: at least 8 chapters) but after that, a timeskip would seem to fit perfectly.

ah, stockpiling chapters of Berserk to be read all together is truly my favorite way of doing it

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I highly doubt there will be a big time skip.

Yeah so I started with 1 and right now just finished volume 28. I must say this is freaking amazing.

306 is out on franky house (torrent)

next issue is in September 25, god dammit

I really like how the demon soldiers are equally shit-their-pants surprised as the human soldiers

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

New world Fantasia.
    Weird designs on page 18-19.

At least there is a date on this break!

Weird designs, indeed. Why, there's Ubik having a spot of tea with a group of chaps in the garden of earthly delights.

Also, Void's spread is surprisingly impressive given that it's just a giant brain.

KIMOCHI~II

whoa, this chapter felt too short

On the other hand, you can never get enough Berserk...

Shame we have to wait for more till september, but at least we can be sure of 1 thing - it's gonna be worth it :>

fuckin beautiful chapter. can never have too much Berserk indeed.

thoroughly enjoyable no-plot vision feast. I too particularly thought the two page spreads of the Godheads were striking.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

And if you didn't know already, this is why it takes so long to get new Berserk Chapters: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...w-eroge-otaku/

Berserk 307 out! Get it at the source you find best. Could be found at www.tokyotosho.info with a quick search.

It was a nice chap, but the things that are coming are going to be amazing, looking forward towards the next chaps.

Huh, so the Millenium Falcon arc is finally over.

Boat ride is finally over.

Griffith's ambition is bearing fruit.

Never thought I'd live to see the day~

KIMOCHI~II

got to love that pirate.
    "don't you think it would've killed me by now?!"

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

mother of god, these double-page spreads are exhausting to look at. absolutely beautiful.

i love the note at the bottom of 307, about Miura forgetting it was the anniversary of Berserk, when it was even the 20th anniversary.

that pirate is motherfucking tenacious. he's a pretty entertaining character, because he's so crude but somehow almost admirable in it. i would have preferred him and his actual crew continuing to chase Gutts, but Zombie/Ghost ships/pirates has to be one of the most played out gimmicks...

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    that pirate is motherfucking tenacious. he's a pretty entertaining character, because he's so crude but somehow almost admirable in it. i would have preferred him and his actual crew continuing to chase Gutts, but Zombie/Ghost ships/pirates has to be one of the most played out gimmicks...
    I'd say we're in for the long-haul of played out gimmicks in Neo Fantasy Earth.

That said, it's true that it's a standard ghost-ship, but with Guts prepping his megabuster, the next few chapters should be anything but.

KIMOCHI~II

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    i love the note at the bottom of 307, about Miura forgetting it was the anniversary of Berserk, when it was even the 20th anniversary.

Somebody is a bit too busy fapping to ~moe~.

So much in such a short time.

oh Gutts.