Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1265

Thread: Manga: Berserk

It's kind of sad how we're all so happy for a new chapter coming out like 3 weeks after the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    the rest, like crazy super family heirloom protecting the innocent sweet girl, I didn't like as much.
    You say "innocent sweet girl," I say "deep sea apostle."

Or, at least, that's what I'm reeeeeeally hoping for.

KIMOCHI~II

same thing. it's not like any of those will surprise us.
    as much as I like bloodfuckin' crazy guts, I don't enjoy all the scenes where he needs to be 'pulled out'.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i like that the armor is rejecting Shierke's attempts to control Gutts. i also like that we've got more Moonchild / Eclipse Baby, because I do think it's going to play some kind of role with the big three and how everything ends up.

i won't be very happy though if Moonchild is simply delegated to "keeping daddy's humanity intact". don't know how many times anime or manga have dealt with the theme of someone keeping their nice, soft human side for the sake of a family member... ugh. especially weak if it's just used as recyclable tension solver where Gutts goes berserker and has to get pulled back in by Schierke, Moonchild, Caska, or some such combination thereof. they could actually milk a cycle like that right up for volumes on end...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Blog Entries
    I'm new to this section so tell me, what are we thinking about this kid? Looks pretty obvious that it's Guts' and Caska's child, but he was taken over by Griffith so what the hell is he doing here?

I wonder what will become of mermaid girl. At this point i'm guessing either she joins them or she suffers a bloody death. Kinda hoping for the second option too, Guts can't afford any more dead weight.

The berserker needs to make Guts cut one of his new teammates already, that will lead to juicy guilt, which will lead to awesome character development which will ultimately lead to delicious plot.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i like to think that it's more complicated with Moonchild / Eclipse Baby. He was the spirit of the child between Caska and Gutts, but he was raped to death by Griffith (and probably also got his powers from him), so you think he'd be more apt to look out for two and not the one. When he was just a monster he did look after Caska, and seemed to want to help Gutts also.

There's only one scene since the Eclipse where Griffith hasn't been in complete control of everything he wants to be in control of, and that's where he saves Caska. Griffith seems to have absorbed tons and tons of souls, but somehow, this one soul (at least then) was able to control Griffith, even if it was just for a short moment. That, to me, is of big freaking importance, just as Griffith's admitted affection towards Gutts is central to this entire series. If Griffith didn't care about Gutts, Gutts would be dead. Personally, I think it has to do with Griffith being well aware (at the time, but I'm not sure about now) that he had no right to sacrifice Gutts at the Eclipse.

But I have no idea what Miura's gonna do with the Eclipse Baby. I just hope he doesn't fuck it up, because it's one of the few elements of the Eclipse arc that Miura's been using since this ridiculously lazy lack of updating period began.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I
    The berserker needs to make Guts cut one of his new teammates already, that will lead to juicy guilt, which will lead to awesome character development which will ultimately lead to delicious plot.
    God, I can't disagree with you more. The second Gutts starts caring about Isidro and all those guys, the sooner this shit is headed for Shounen Jump "And today I learned that strength in battle can come from knowing the importance of friendship" heaping pile of bullshit. I think it should come like the Eclipse, where Gutts suddenly is forced into a situation where he almost HAS TO sacrifice his comrades. Gutts already knows that everyone who hangs around him could die because of his personal history and agenda. Griffith had that too in the Golden Age. But I'd like to think this comes down to more than 'a moral lesson learned' when everything is on the line for Gutts.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

they need to get to elfland already. that's all.
    once that happens, Guts wouldn't need anyone to look over Caska and he could go back to revenge. rack up some body count and live up to the name "berserker'.
    more that that, Elfking can ask Gutts for a sacrifice to heal Caska. it doesn't have to be the same sacrifice as the behilt needed (which would only lead to Inuyasha crap), but it can be a way to get rid of the armor - the power to defeat griffth for the power to save Caska
    and then he wouldn't need to keep witch-girl around his neck.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Blog Entries
    You're assuming shit hasn't been turned upside down over there as well on account of the "weird wind"

You're assuming shit hasn't been turned upside down over there as well on account of the "weird wind"
    Doubtful though, because so many sorcerers and elves live there their magic is more likely to outweigh the spread of Griffith's magic over the whole earth. Griffith was afraid enough of just one witch to send the most elite members of the band of the Hawks to go and kill her.

Blog Entries
    Then it's possible Griffith already raided the place long ago

I say this because just having an Elf King pop up and heal caska sounds too easy, and TT's theory of requiring a sacrifice doesn't sound like something the good guys would come up with.

Then it's possible Griffith already raided the place long ago

I say this because just having an Elf King pop up and heal caska sounds too easy, and TT's theory of requiring a sacrifice doesn't sound like something the good guys would come up with.
    You're forgetting the plot point where Gutts is not sure if he wants Caska to be healed. The Skull Knight pretty much implied that she would also remember the her torture in the night of the eclipse.

Blog Entries
    Not that it matters all that much, the woman is a rapist magnet so the memories keep come flooding back again and again

I see how Guts would have problems with it from his perspective though

Berserk 317 is out (torrent)

Blog Entries
    Not that i'm complaining but aren't these a bit too fast? I was told Berserk releases were unsteady as fuck

yeah they are, he usually releases a few chapters (3-5) repeatedly quickly and then takes a few months break, at least that is how it's been for the last couple of years, in the beginning it was more or less on schedule (every 2 weeks 1 chapter) , we can only hope this continues for a long time (or well you at least, me i have lost all hope)

nice chapter and also nice that the next one is coming in 10 days.

Perhaps the fact that we have an Anime coming up, which as been halted only because of Miura's command, is a sign that future chapters will come more frequently.

Berserk 318

Just battle preparations, this time. More Batman Guts- hope the armor doesn't suddenly start becoming domesticated.

KIMOCHI~II

What's up with the "Sincere apologies. There will be a short suspension in releases. Publications will resume as soon as manuscripts have been gathered."?

Blog Entries
    Oh look, my first break. Now i feel i truly belong...

Shall we make bets on how many months this one will take?