Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1265

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Hm, disappointing. The fact that there are so many merrows now makes it unlikely that Isma might become a main stay to the group. It´s more likely that she´ll join the merrows at the end of the current event.

Not much to say about Guts. This is probably his most boring battle in the whole series. Seriously, anyone here cares about him slaying this giant thing?

Yeah, I don't think Isma is going to stay either.
    I'm just hoping that this is the last battle before Elfhiem.
    On that note I don't think Guts has taken out the enemy as yet, and since all these mermaids have come it will be a few more chapters before we see the end of this monster.

Also, with this chapter a break has started, hopefully wont be too long, but I think a minimum of September.

Not the best of news, thought it was interesting, so deciding to share.

Found this at SkullKnight.

You can see the steady decline in chapters being released

YA Release History (source: 2ch.net)
    ○=YA release with Berserk
    x=YA release w/no Berserk

1993 ○○○○x○○○○○○○○○○○○○x○○○○○ 91.7%
    1994 ○x○○○○○○○○x○○○○○○○○○○○○x 87.5%
    1995 ○○○○○○○○○○x○○○○○○○○x○○○○ 91.7%
    1996 ○○x○○○○○○○○○○x○○○○○○○○○○ 91.7%
    1997 ○xxx○○○○x○○○○○○x○○○○○○○x 75.0%
    1998 ○○○○○○○○○○○x○○x○○○○○○○○○ 91.7%
    1999 ○○○○x○○○○○○x○○○○○○x○○○x○ 83.3%
    2000 ○○○○○x○○○○○x○○○○○x○○○○○x 83.3%
    2001 ○○○○x○○○○○○x○○○○x○○○○○x○ 83.3%
    2002 ○○○x○○○○○○x○○○○○x○○○○○x○ 83.3%
    2003 ○○○○x○○○○○x○○○○○○○○xx○○○ 83.3%
    2004 x○○○x○○○○○○○○xxxx○○○○○○x 70.8%
    2005 xx○○○x○○○x○○○x○○○○x○○○xx 66.6%
    2006 ○○○○x○○○○x○○○x○○x○xxxxxx 58.3%
    2007 x○○○○xx○○xxx○○○xx○○xx○○x 54.2%
    2008 xxxx○○○xxx○○xxxxxxxx○○○○ 37.5%
    2009 xxxxxxxx○○○○○xxxxx○○○xxx 33.3%
    2010 xx○○○xxxxxxx○○○xxxxx○○○x 37.5%
    2011 xxxxxxx○○○xx○○○x

Using this as a guide, we might not see a release until October/November.

Its official: Miura will die before we reach Elf Island.

Not only has it declined in quantity but also in quality in the last few years, i think every Berserk fan knew this, but it's sad to see in actual numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Not only has it declined in quantity but also in quality in the last few years
    To think there was a time when every chapter was integral to the overall plot.

Still not seeing it with Sea God Isle pit-stop.

KIMOCHI~II

I decided to pick this manga up and read it from start to where it's currently at story wise, wow hahah what a rush. I really did enjoy the story up to now and I'm kind of sad that I can't sit down and read chapters at a time anymore.
    "My way of joking is to tell the truth. That's the funniest joke in the world."

Chapter 325

[Evil Genius] Berserk c.325: Direct Download | MediaFire

okay, that chapter gave me a boner, lol.

aaaanyway, we´re getting close to killing that monster, yay. though I found the captain on the ship to be way overly optimistic. To try fighting the sea god, who is several times the size of their ship. lol.

Blog Entries
    How i've missed that murderous smirk

Well there's no way Isma is joining the group now, not with the mom back in the picture

I really wonder where Miura is going with this... Guts gets weaker and more damaged every time he puts that thing on, he's wasn't a match for any of the 5 Gods when he was in tip top shape, how is he supposed to fight now?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    How i've missed that murderous smirk

Well there's no way Isma is joining the group now, not with the mom back in the picture

I really wonder where Miura is going with this... Guts gets weaker and more damaged every time he puts that thing on, he's wasn't a match for any of the 5 Gods when he was in tip top shape, how is he supposed to fight now?
    Maybe the Elf king can restore his body to a healthy state? Otherwise, he's fucked.

Blog Entries
    Then the motherfucking elf king can go fight the Gods of death and despair, poor Guts has been through too much already.

I really hope this arc won't end in disappointment.
    the moment they reach elf-island Casca should get better. Although I'm 99% sure that elf-king will be kidnapped when they visit the place and has to be freed.

It's been far too long since I've stopped caring about the journey.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    t's been far too long since I've stopped caring about the journey.
    I like to read old chapters every now and again to keep me interested, and it helps that in perspective and regardless of release dates Berserk is quite possibly the overall best manga i've ever had the pleasure of reading
    Last edited by Archangel; Tue, 09-27-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    That armor is cursed/haunted right? Or it had some foul magic on it or...Od as it was called? That fairy King could purify the armor instead of healing Guts and having him go through the same destruction every time he uses the armor.

Blog Entries
    The Skull Night described it as an "unyielding fire that never goes out" and the hellhound seems to indicate the armor takes its power from some very dark emotions. It's not that it's cursed, it's just a dangerous magical item. And Ood is just their word for chakra, reiatsu, ki, etc.

Also, this isn't final fantasy bro, i don't think Guts will ever go from a Dark Knight to a Paladin.

Whatever, I think that when they finally reach the elf island, it´s going to be different than what we´re expecting right now. I mean, you´d naturally expect some kind of bright paradise, elves flying around everywhere. But not only would it be kinda boring, we also already got that near the beginning of the Berserk-manga. Remember, these children that turned into fake-elves.

Maybe they reach the island and the elf king is dead and Puk becomes the new one? Or the Elf king is one of the God hand. Something like that. Either way, I expect a surprise.

As for Guts, he really needs a proper "upgrade", though I cannot think of anything that I wouldn´t hate. What made Guts so likeable of a hero was that he was always fighting with human powers. The black armor already kinda put a dent into that concept, but it manages to just slightly bend it, not completely change it. But how can you give Guts more power without saying goodbye to that former concept? Actually, instead of healing Guts´ body or altering the effects of the armor, I could see it getting worse for him. Like, totally abandoning his body and deciding to always stay inside the armor.

I know this is Berserk and everything is a shit world in here, but I think that this can actually end well for Gutts and the readers.

Remove the armor. completely.
    it'll even work with the motif of 'protecting Casca' against 'killing Griffith'.

no more armor, no more batman gutts, no more stupid 'OH NO GUTTS IS BEING TAKEN OVER BY THE EVIL ARMOR AND HE KILLS EVERYTHING!'. It'll even remove the connection he has with Shrieke (little miss witch) that castrates him as a character.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    I know this is Berserk and everything is a shit world in here, but I think that this can actually end well for Gutts and the readers.

Remove the armor. completely.
    it'll even work with the motif of 'protecting Casca' against 'killing Griffith'.

no more armor, no more batman gutts, no more stupid 'OH NO GUTTS IS BEING TAKEN OVER BY THE EVIL ARMOR AND HE KILLS EVERYTHING!'. It'll even remove the connection he has with Shrieke (little miss witch) that castrates him as a character.
    Yeah, but then all this plot development surrounding the armor would have been a waste of time.

Blog Entries
    The armor is a necessity. As he was Guts couldn't even be a match for Zodd, so how could he ever hope to compete with Griffith? Given, even at this point i doubt he could even touch him but still... it's a step in the right direction, though a fragile Guts is something i hate to see.