Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1265

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    The armor is a necessity. As he was Guts couldn't even be a match for Zodd, so how could he ever hope to compete with Griffith? Given, even at this point i doubt he could even touch him but still... it's a step in the right direction, though a fragile Guts is something i hate to see.
    Actually the key to defeating god-hand will likely either be the behilit or the dragon slayer. The behilit because that could turn out to be anything, and the dragon slayer because (i think it was skull knight who mentioned this) after having killed so many supernatural beings, it may be able to damage god-hand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
    Actually the key to defeating god-hand will likely either be the behilit or the dragon slayer. The behilit because that could turn out to be anything, and the dragon slayer because (i think it was skull knight who mentioned this) after having killed so many supernatural beings, it may be able to damage god-hand.
    The behelit is only good for one thing, and i don't think guts would ever consider becoming an apostole. As for the DS... maybe.

I´d LOVE to see the armor being removed permanently, could lead to a lot of interesting plot development (Guts having to figure out how to keep up with the monsters; his group members actually taking a more important role in combat, etc.). But yeah, how will he ever have a chance against apostles without it?

Though, I guess there is one way to make the armor obsolete. As has been told, the armor doesn´t increase Guts´ strength. It just removes the human restrictions to the well-being of his body, aka you can keep fighting because you simply don´t notice that your body is actually half-dead. Now, I don´t know how this has been established, but even though Guts is a true, lol, berserker, can we argue that his fighting style is mostly based on pure power, speed and instinct? If that´s the case, then Guts could undergo a special training to sharpen his natural senses and make him aware of the concept of "skill over pure strength". See Serpico, who gave Guts a lot of trouble because of his sharp thinking. Guts could then combine his good old power-combating with his refined skills and thus ignore the cursed armor. Because he won´t be hit as easily anymore and make better use of his attacks.

Of course, that only would make slightly sense if Miura actually wanted to give up the cursed armor. Which I have the unfortunate feeling he won´t.

you're really selling gutts short, Mfauli.
    saying gutts is a berserker that fights on 'strength' rather than skill is a load of crap.
    also, saying that serpico gave gutts a hard time - their last battle, before Faranses' party, ended with Gutts dominating Serpico with the sword alone (no cannon, no arrows, no knives), in the environment that Serpico chose (stone pillars to negate gutts reach).

from what I remember of pre-armor gutts, he still could win against most apostles, even the upper tier of them. The armor made it possible for him to fight armies of apostles on his own.

besides:
    [...] then Guts could undergo a special training to sharpen his natural senses and make him aware of the concept of "skill over pure strength"
    doesn't this sound incredibly 'Naruto' to you? or simply 'shonen'? 'special training', in general, sounds like something that lazy writers do - "how'd he get so strong?" "Special training!". "then what did he do before?" "Less special training!".

of course, I do agree with what you said about the benefits of removing the armor: more relevance to the other characters, and actually having Gutts to worry about surviving battles.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    you're really selling gutts short, Mfauli.
    Really wasn´t my intention at all. I´m just trying to come up with a solution for the whole "how can Guts keep up with his enemies without the cursed armor"-problem. Which feels almost impossible to solve without bending your thoughts. And yes, "training" sounds very "Naruto", but I guess Miura "could" pull it off delicately if he somehow introduces the elves having a special environment to allow for Guts to learn something. Of course, a standard training arc would suck.

And I think we´re past the point where Guts can fight without the armor. He would have been utterly defeated by Griffith´s dragon apostle.

I really do hope that Guts somehow can get rid of the cursed armor and still keep up with all the monsters, but I´m having a hard time coming up with a believable solution for it.

Yeah I thought the whole armor didnt make him stronger, just removed his humanity. Humanity being everything from fatigue to friends. Without Schierke to control the rage, he would just berserk until his body could no longer function. The way I look at it, the armor just pumps him full of adrenalin constantly, to the point it overloads rational thinking.

Guts has had an ethereal wound since fighting Slan, before putting on the armor. He has never been in "full" strength since wearing it, I think a big key is for him to heal as he hasn't actually completely healed from all the wounds prior and since putting on the armor. You would've noticed that most of the time when he isn't going 'berserk' he's just lying down getting treated for his wounds which the armor is in fact making worse, which is making him weaker in a way. (This is how I've been thinking)
    As other people have mentioned, the armor doesn't make him stronger just removes limits of pain, etc.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Just read all chapters in the last 2 weeks.
    I love the detailed drawing, truly works of art at time. Oh the time needed for some drawings!

Regarding the future developments?
    Isma? hard to tell, she'd be Isidro's lover but has her mother too now... I guess we might have her along the way to elf island.

But of course, as you're all saying, Guts is the next big thing in the story.
    My guess is that we need to see him truly go berserk and his hell hound be totally freed. We'll then have an idea of the max power output he can give. It might also be that after some time he's able to control that huge power. Elf king might also be a key to that control and lessen the toll on his body.
    Regarding his superhuman strength, well you could argue he's been a monster quite early, being able to swing unusually long/heavy swords and surviving impossible battles like the 100 men one.
    Remaining on his human side I don't exactly now his age now, but white hair, body getting more fragile, at some point his corporeal body will hit a limit. So they need something to go over it. After all, Griffith solved that problem long ago.

I never thought I would read a manga with that much graphic violence, even cruelty and all. The tower part was a bit long and depressive, I was even getting a little bored, but then it got a little lighter even if too shonen-like with the kiddies entering the picture. Also, Farneze's character has been trashed quite a bit IMHO.

I think I'll now read the volumes from the beginning, not covered by the anime. I only started from volume 14, following the events of the anime. I guess I'll get a better understanding of how Guts came to be who he is.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Blog Entries
    That was a big mistake, you should have read the first few volumes before the golden age.

Just read the latest 12 chapters, and am not caring about this Fantasia Arc at all. What's the latest news on chapter 326, don't see any info here.

The episode came out on the 27/01/12.
    Shouldn't be too long for a scanlation to appear.

I believe there isn't too much more they will do with the Sea God.

Also, some more good news is that Berserk 327 is out on schedule (10/02/12).
    Last edited by kAi; Fri, 02-03-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Good news

Great news, thanks. I miss the Band of the Hawk, how can we bring them back? Impure World Resurrection/Edo Tensei?

Blog Entries
    Griffith might bring them back to fuck with Guts' head. Also for the lulz.

Gang rape Casca.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsu View Post
    Gang rape Casca.

Here I thought a new chapter was out...

Chapter 326

[Evil Genius] Berserk v.37c.326: SendSpace | MediaFire

shitty cliffhanger, but only a week till next chapter. and finally, it seems this arc is over.

Shitty cliffhanger indeed, but as you mention new chapter should be coming out today.

Where is 327??? I actually went back and re-read Gutts first gaining the armor to go berserk on that dragon guy.