Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

Berserk

My question is this if Griffith has been reincarnated did he lose his godhand powers. What exactly is he now? Is he still a godhand member and if so why the hell dosen't he use his demonic powers to simply crush Al Queda, opps I mean the Kushaan army. Is he mortal and why would he want to be reincarnated as opposed to being one of the supreme beings? So many questions so few answers. Also if Gatts met up with Griffith or Zodd would he win considering that he has the armor which buffs up his stregth considerably?

Berserk

I believe he is still a god hand, it's just that he is in fleshly form, he still has some of his powers, how much i don't know but he does have them, his dream is to have his own kingdom/country which is the reason he took fleshly form. I also think Griffiths can be killed, I think God hands can be killed.

Berserk

God hands can be killed otherwise why would the brand protect Femto when Guts tried to attack him the first time he saw him as Femto.

Berserk

I just finished watching the anime, but the ending left such a void that I have to read the manga. I just want to make sure I have the right stuff.

Does the first chapter begin with Guts having sex with a woman/demon?

And also, do they still make berserk? (the manga)

Berserk

The anime sucks compared to the manga mate, some things dont match with the manga (also the reason we havent got more anime episodes i believe, correct me if i'm wrong).
    I dont really know where the manga starts since the first volume i got is volume 4.
    and yes the manga is still going they're working on volume 30 atm so u got a couple of hours of reading to do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Berserk

@el_boss
    The anime starts where the manga starts, except that the manga includes the scene that you mentioned, the one with Guts and the fem-apostle.

@flaps
    The anime doesn't SUCK, per se. I believe it does an excellent job of animating the manga material with the exception of the omission of certain details, due to the fact that they would only serve to complicate things because the anime does only go so far...

KIMOCHI~II

Berserk

forgot to mention the "imo" tbh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] from what i can remember i found the animation quite sloppy compared to other animes and when i started reading the manga i only hated the anime more but this is my opinion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Berserk

You do realize the anime was made in 1997, 9 years ago? I don't know whether or not you've been watching some of the older classics, but that was pretty much the standard of quality back then. Berserk's animation fits the manga just about perfectly, barring minor things eliminated to reduce the blood and rape to acceptable levels for airing on television.

If you think Berserk looks that bad, you need to rewatch Evangelion, the first season of Pokemon, and Slayers. They all look about the same because back then, they were all drawn by hand. Sure, the titles today look great, but Berserk was an incredible series for its time.

Berserk

I actually really liked the anime. That's the reason I'm going to read the manga. I had no problem with the quality, maybe the coloring is a little crude but the animations are smooth. I have to say though, I tought the anime was much older. Like from the same time as Dragonball. When I saw that it is from 1997 I was a little surprised.

I have a theory as to why they stopped the show. The executives saw the last episode and though "omg this is too bloody and a demon having sex with a human woman, we can't show more of this". (I know that's not the reason, but who knows?)

@bagandscalpel: Thanks for the answer.

Berserk

'97, huh?

Correct me if I'm wrong, since this is a longshot guess of mine, and I don't know where the manga was at during the time the anime was made, but...

I think, from the beginning, that the anime producers knew that if they were to animate Berserk from beginning to THE end, they would overtake the manga at some point or another. And if that's the case, heinous acts against humanity would ensue in the form of filler episodes (i.e. the death of the Ruroken anime and current decay of Naruto). Hence, they decided to purposely cut it short at the series' climax and cut out key characters/events (Puck and Skullknight). In conclusion, if this indeed was the case, then, this is probably a rare case of whoever-plans-these-things making wise decisions.

My theory on the brevity of Berserk, thank you.

KIMOCHI~II

Berserk

The manga would've been about half what it is now, volume 15 around that area.
    As long as the manga continues i'm not bothered if they don't do another anime.
    Although, it would be good, but things need to be fixed up.

Berserk

Imo, the anime has to be re... animated. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It would be excellent if they redo it with cool graphics, and for once, follow the damn manga rather than changing it.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

Berserk

Nah, I liked the animation style and still do, I think it's the best look for something like Berserk.

Berserk

i agree..the gritty look really works, and really enhances the subject matter

Berserk

Chapter 266 raw is out, with translation.
    After that long wait we get straight into some Guts action.

He fought down the beast well, and it seems the old Guts is back.

Berserk

EG version came out two days ago.

Berserk

Man I am getting pissed, we waited quietly and this was all we got. And not only that, we have to wait until the 13th of januari.... No way, I quit... I will wait 1 year and then read again.

Berserk

well 267 came out quite a while ago.
    good chapter, need more

get to see Schierke do her thing, and Guts try to do his thing.

Berserk

It's funny, but, why do I get the feeling that the reason the crew's taking so long to get ANYWHERE is because they've got one too many people?

Then I look back at previous chapters in, say, the Retribution arc, and Guts, by himself, is able to travel leagues upon end in one chapter.

Oh well, at least they're finally leaving Vritannis...

KIMOCHI~II

Berserk

Thats what the problem with traveling with a group,Guts must protect them all the time. If he was alone,it would take much less time to kill these monsters and make a way for himself.

Thats something i miss,the old days when he didnt have to play a babysitter. I really really miss the lone wolf. Thats why i hope he dumps Casca and the others except Shierke who he needs.