Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Berserk

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    The new guys would win due to magic, but Judea would certainly win against Serpico because He'd just throw his knives and down Serpico would go.

Rickert was raised around battle and knows how to fight, he could take Isidoro if you ask me.
    I actually have to disagree. I like the old Band of the Hawk. Judeau was the fucking man, simple enough, and Caska, Rickert and Pippin were pretty crunchy also. Corkus I never liked, and it was hard to see what the hell he actually did in battle that was constructive...

No magic weapons allowed.

Rickert vs. Isidoro.... Man that's a tough one. Isi is alot more rough around the edges than Rickert was when he was in the Band. Rickert always looked like a kid trying to fight a man's battle, while Isi uses his small size and mobility as a strength. On just that alone I'm tempted to take Isi.

Pippin vs. Azan. Azan is a fucking gag character as far as I'm concerned. He does kick some ass, but Pippin was far and away the better big guy fighter.

Judeau vs. Serpico. This is one of those "depends on the situation" calls. Judeau has range, but Serpico is fast and has (IMHO) the advantage when things get close-quarters. We never get to see which of them is faster... Serpico's advantage is his intelligence. Judeau isn't stupid, but he's not as crafty or strategic as Serpico. I think Serp would even figure a way to negate Judeau's long range, and then it's Serp with the win. So, unless it was just random meeting on a chaotic battlefield (where even Serp may have trouble devising a good strategy and Judeau's throw-n-go style would be more effective) or a case where long-range would easily rule the day, it's Serpico in my eyes.

just my two cents. the "Would ____ or XXXX win in a fight?" thing has been done so many times, and people always bring their own slant to it. It's still fun though.

but yeah Judeau > Serpico just on factors of coolness.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Hell yeah Judeau's cool; He's the coolest kid in Coolville. He couldn't be any cooler if he was wearing M.C. Hammer's parachute pants.

As far as "old Hawks vs. new guys" I'm thinking Rickert could beat Isidoro. Rickert actually fought a number of battles with the Hawks. Isidoro, on the other hand, throws fire crackers.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Ishidoro doesn't have enough real battle experience to stand a chance vs Rickret.. give him one or two years of fighting 'normal' enemies and he might be worth something..
    about serpico, I'm quite sure he could've taken on just about any old hawk member, even without magical items, the level of skills he has is best suited for one on one combat.

now, for the real question. Griffith against Serpico?
    who would have won? (past Griffth, of course, before the entire demon lord shabang).

edit: Shinji - I think Miura started this back at 1989, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Sat, 11-04-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Serpico has had battles with Gutts, and even in Gutts worst conditions of locations for Gutts, Serpico still coudln't win. And Gutts beat Griffith. However, that was a special battle of fate. I am convinced no character except Gutts would have been and still is, able to take Griffith down.

I mean, we all know, the reason Gutts is alive is not due to strenght alone. It is his destiny to defy the fate of the world. We learnt this when we learned about how he was born. Everyone saw him as a bad omen because of his birth. His task has always been too great for anyone to understand, including himself (one of the reasons he always felt out of place and like he had no purpose).

Oh, back to the point why no one except Gutts can beat Griffith. Griffith is also lead by the hand of destiny. Only something strong enough to defy destiny could beat Griffith.

By the way, does anyone know when he started Berserk? (Plz remind me of the creators name )
    Last edited by Shinji Ikari; Sat, 11-04-2006 at 05:47 PM.

I was talking about hypotherical battles, none of the destiney bullshit..
    Gutts won against Griffith in the past becuase he was stronger, it was a very clear fight. nobody called on for some super powers, and nobody used any super stamina/willpower recovery. it was a pure one on one fight that Gutts owned Griffith. and it would have happened the same at any day at the time.
    and on that matter. nowdays gutts is many times stronger than how he used to be back in his hawks days, he could probably kill his past self with only his teeth.
    seriously, I saw a berserk action figure from the hawks days and from the current arc collection, and the differnce is something mad. he got buffed up in about three layers of muscle. it ain't something to look down on.

so basically, the fact the serpico couldn't win against him now, doesn't necserlly indicate on how well he would have faced against Griffith. in my eyes, current serpico is stronger than what griffth was, they both fall into the same fighting category, an serpico just seems better.

on to the destiny thing...
    I disagree with what you said. he's defintally not a tool of destiny or fate, he's there becuase of the coiencidences of his life, which lead him to meet with griffth, like any other hawks member. from thier onwards, it's all his doing, his destiny was to roll over and die like the rest of the hawks, and he managed to escape that fate for a while. doesn't seem to be working so good for him right now.
    by the way, as someone said earlier, Gutts defintally seems like a bad omen for the world, getting into the new hawks way to stop the Kushan invasion to europe, that probably counts as nasty for most people out there (sure, griffth's rule will be of terror, evil and what not... but when did you see a rulership without those?).

as usual, totally irelvent... I'm plannig to get my self a berserk real volume sometime this month..

Oh, back to the point why no one except Gutts can beat Griffith. Griffith is also lead by the hand of destiny. Only something strong enough to defy destiny could beat Griffith.
    Hence I remember the God Hand called him the one who defy's destiny, or was that the skull-knight who called him that.

In that, he was supposed to die as a baby, but he kept on defying destiny and lived on. So he's living outside the realm of destiny per se, and the only one who can kill Griffith and stop him from ruling his country. Which Gutts has also done it once, needing the God Hand to intervene.

And now Gutts is probably doing it again. Hence he is the black swordsman. Gutts is a tragic antagonist.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

It has been almost three months since the last berserk anyone know whats going on? I am a little anxcious to see what happens next and can't wait anymore lol.

Same as before. After the most recent chapter, a break of unspecified duration was announced. There's a news post on the E-G site that says not to expect anything until sometime next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    Same as before. After the most recent chapter, a break of unspecified duration was announced. There's a news post on the E-G site that says not to expect anything until sometime next year.

Thanks for the info i didnt know that. i got a freaking neg rep for a simple comment with a dumb ass excue to, that is really sad lol

That's probably because your question has been spoken about abit in here, go back a page or two and you'll see.

So what do you guys think will happen in the next chap? Will we see them getting to Puck's home island or will there be a long ass journey with monsters out on the ocean?

Or even worse, will we see more of the senseless wars that Griffith fight? I don't care about stuff like that, my first priority is Caska Seems like this Kushan invasion might take up a bit too much of what is really necesary.

Do you guys think the comming chap will be a long freakin' thing that you just love or another fart in the wind giving you a sniff of what's to come?

Or even worse, will we see more of the senseless wars that Griffith fight? I don't care about stuff like that, my first priority is Caska Seems like this Kushan invasion might take up a bit too much of what is really necesary.
    You know, now that you mention it, "Griffith's wars" really were only interesting because Guts and the other Hawk commanders took the spotlight. That being said, though, I'd be excited to watch the battle iff the Neo-Hawk commanders decided to show off their Apostle forms to speed things up.

KIMOCHI~II

I think when they show the story about Griffith and his apostles, it's going to be through the eyes of Mule, and the other little girl who is weird. Innate sorcerer or something. Seems appropriate. I wouldn't mind if the story is about his wars. But I do wish he speed up the story line abit.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoopider
    I think when they show the story about Griffith and his apostles, it's going to be through the eyes of Mule, and the other little girl who is weird. Innate sorcerer or something. Seems appropriate. I wouldn't mind if the story is about his wars. But I do wish he speed up the story line abit.
    much agreed. I'd love to see more of Griffith and him raising his army, and I think Mule might just be that in-road that Miura uses to keep us informed on the White Hawk's doings... don't get me wrong, Guts is the shit, but Griffith, he's the straw that stirs the drink, the true story begins and ends with him, Guts and Caska. Like Sephiroth and Grahf, Homunculi and Char Aznable, Griffith is the reason for the story being as kickass as it is. Every time I see him in a new panel it gives me this shiver and I can't help but think "God, what bastardry..."

and I think alot of people here are showing signs of tiring of all the action and fighting in the manga. And i feel very much the same. I love watching Guts tear into fools, but it does seem to "drag on", especially with these Apostle fights. I'm even worried that Miura's gonna croak before he finishes at this rate!

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I should ban you for that remark (Miura croacking, that is).

It seems to drag on longer, because of the long waits between chapters, usually it is released every second and fourth Friday, and now we've had about a 3 month break, and probably won't get one for another month. I'm guessing for a release on the 9/02/07.

The next few chapters will most likely be a war between the Kushans and the Hawks, this will make more people love the Hawks, for taking out a bad side.

I don't think Griffiths and Guts will be seeing each other anytime soon.

I think I might go have another read of this before the next chapter.

Good news! it seems like the next chapter will be out January 12.

There might be some spoilers (also has c280 preview pic looks good) :
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index....seen#msg257422
    Last edited by Zati; Fri, 12-22-2006 at 12:21 AM.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Last we saw was the townfolk and soldiers getting cornered from all sides by the Kushan army. I think we're going to see Griffith, and his army going in to rescue them.
    MmmMmm. Ooiiishiii

280 Preview, we're getting closer.

Watch the Hawks be there savior!

Quote Originally Posted by kAi
    Lord of the Rings, much?

But, good news to say the least, would it be safe to assume, too, that Miura's coming back to schedule?

KIMOCHI~II

Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel
    Lord of the Rings, much?

But, good news to say the least, would it be safe to assume, too, that Miura's coming back to schedule?
    I wouldn't assume that Miura is coming back to schedule just yet, he could possibly make it another month before a release after this one. So, get your hopes to high with releases every 2nd and 4th Friday just yet.