Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hajime no Ippo

Yeah, "FUCK" pretty much sums up the volume. (don't read further before reading to 723)

I think that this is a good development though. If Ippo went ahead and had a match with Miyata, he'd retire afterwards and the manga would end. I don't think the story will end on a low and depressing note after so long, so this means that Ippo will continue boxing and learn how to climb over this new wall in his path - the prospect of no longer having a clear goal. Lots of people become lost during their lives and by addressing this issue seriously in his work, Morikawa (the author) will connect will with many of his readers and create an interesting story - if exectued well of course.

Taking care of your parents isn't something to be lightly passed over, but I don't think that this will be the message that Hajime no Ippo will send out. Discovering and pursuing your own goals will probably be the direction that Ippo and the story moves towards.

Man, I'm glad that EVERYONE read this now....

When the RAW came out a few months back I was super mad...but we'll see what happens.

Whats up Blitz what you doing over here

The first i post here in months only cause dynamite glove is alittle dead.

About the story this was the best that could have happened for Ippo.

I dont think he would ever retire this early, i think he was fooling himself and we will see that.

This volume was amazing, however i am suprised no one of you mentioned Itagaki's victory over Hoshi, that fight was pretty cool. Even though Hoshi seems to be pretty slow if you compare him to someone like Ippo, Itagaki was crazy fast in that fight. Wonder what would happen if Itagaki and Ippo duked it out seriously.

The issue of Ippo and Miyata, i think that it is a great turn in the story, Ippo will have to realize that if he wants to fight Miyata he will have to do it waiting at the top. I think Miyata has figured out who Randy Boy Jr. really is and therefore feels that he is obligated to beat him, even more so than his promise to Ippo. That's why he said no to Ippo.

Ippo would own Itagaki no matter how fast he is, Ippo is too though for Itagaki.

One punch from Ippo would kill him.

Ippo is at hole diffrent level than Itagaki.

Yea i know, of course Ippo would win, Hoshi is a snail so we can't really judge Itagaki from that fight but i still think Ippo would struggle a little in the begining until he gets used to Itagaki's crazy speed. But from round 2 onwards itagaki will be dead. Ippo will totally wear him down with his stamina. Ippo can keep punching longer than Itagaki can run.

But i still think it will be an interesting fight.

I just thought of something, if Hoshi can at least trade blows with Sendou and actually knock him that good then would Sendou get dominated against Itagaki like Hoshi was? I am not convinced that Sendou has evolved all that much. He seems to full of himself at times.

724 by [I-O] out.

Yeah, that whole fallout with Ippo and Miyata made me forget about Itagaki... that fight was amazing. I only wish I could see Ippo dominating in his matches more often.

I don't think Sendo's developed anything new yet. To me, he's still recovering and stuff. Didn't he comeback as a jr. lightweight or something? He's still training to get his featherweight body back.

As for ch. 724-- I'm glad there's someone out there who might be able to knock some sense back into Ippo. Once I got over the whole Ippo/Miyata thing, I realize that this twist was something desperately needed in the Ippo-verse.

This twist was the best thing that ever happened, i never cared much for Ippo vs. Miyata in the first place. You knew that it wouldn't happen once it was decided that they were gonna fight.

The words "your fists are still light" is probably something that made Ippo realize what Date hopes he can achieve.

But at the moment Itagaki is the most interesting character in the Ippo-verse, he is a character that can totally dominate fights without struggling at all in a great fashion and he can fight hard fights to develop without making it like Ippo's generic comeback pattern.

I can't wait to see Itagaki wearing the national champ belt. He will have it shortly. Who are left to take it after Ippo cleaning up? Karasawa didn't retire right? Shimabukuro did if i'm not mistaken and the rest of them probably pulled out to.

The thing with Itagaki though is.....sooner or later he's going to come across someone who has Slow Battle as well...and they'll be on even ground.

Hakeen - DG should be picking back up now that I-O is back from their break...

I didnt mean DG scans be slow, i meant the forums was slow well since its summer and there werent new chapter to keep us going as it is now.

PSJ

You cant compare Hoshi to sendou just cause he knocked him out in a spar. I mean Hoshi can barely box which is why Itagaki dominated him.

Sendou is like Ippo but not as good, i dont think Itagaki would dominate him. We saw what Sendou does to speedster with Saiki.

^ I don't think Hoshi actually sucked-- it was more like, Itagaki was just too damn good. Blitz has a point, though. I would really like to see someone who can match up to Itagaki's fighting ability. The Imai fight was kinda like that... but as of now, I can't really think of anyone who'd be Itagaki's competition. Sendo (when he gets back in shape), maybe? I could see a Sendo/Itagaki match.... maybe a fight for the belt That'd be pretty sweet.

Who can match Itagaki? Itagaki might rule japan, but sendou,Ippo is at world level. Sendou went to fight mex boxers so he can challenge Martinez, i dont think he would do that if there was any but Ippo better than him in Japan.

Sendou would own him. He has everything Itagaki doesnt have. Experiance,power,cunning,stamina. Itagaki right now has only his raw talent, i mean he has great speed and defense. But he is too newbie on everything else to compare him to Sendou.

Itagaki will have to beat a real boxer before you compare him to Sendou, the only one that hits Ippo so bad that he was pissing his pants.

Hoshi is a newbie even more than Itagaki thats clear. He didnt have enough boxning training except his one shot. Imai is at Itagaki's level and not Sendou!!!

I didn't say that Hoshi and Sendou was even, i more or less asking about your opinions. But still if Hoshi is able to punch Sendou then that shows the diffrence in speed between Sendou and Itagaki.

There are more techniques to catch a fast fighter but you cannot compare a damaged Saeki with Itagaki. Saeki was never the same after fighting Ippo.

Sendou is strong and fights on instinct and relies alot on scaring his opponent but what will happen to him once he faces an opponent who isn't scared and can handle Sendou's power? Itagaki wasn't scared while sparring with Mashiba and he came out from the Imae fight in one pieceafter dodging heavy blows at close range, the same goes for the Hoshi fight, he enjoyed it when they brushed his hair. The dude loves danger so pitting him against Sendou would be an awesome fight.

I'm not saying Itagaki would wipe Sendou out in a couple of rounds but i think he could stand a chance. Knocking Sendou down has proven to be a bitch though so Itagaki would have to fight hard. I think Itagaki could give Sendou a run for his money if Sendou still pays all attention to offense and non to defense. It is pretty hard to judge though since we haven't seen him in a whole fight for a while.

Sendou was sparring with Hoshi when he hit him and knock him, if you think Itagaki is suddenly stronger just cause of Sendou's sparring with Hoshi. Its like saying Ippo isnt better to Shigeta who played with him when they sparred. I wonder who it was beat Shigeta to a pulp and scared him away from boxning.....

Still you cant compare Itagaki to Sendou just cause of he beat Hoshi WHO IS NEW TO BOXING. Let him a tough boxer before comparing him to Sendou.

The thing with Itagaki is...his Slow Battle ability is the worst thing that infighters like Ippo and Sendo could go up against.

I mean, in today's release Kamogawa has forbidden Ippo and Itagaki from sparring with each other, because swingining at something you can't hit, is no way to build confidence. Kamogawa speaks from experience as the same thing happened to him when he fought Nekota.

Right now Itagaki is on the fast track to the JBC title...I imagine that Ippo will relinquish it and Imai Vs Itagaki II will happen for the title. Either that or Itagaki could go straight for the OPBF belt like Miyata did (since Ippo is bypassing the OPBF) and Imai and Hoshi can fight for the JBC title.

Lots of stuff could happen.

Also in the video games...these people have Slow Battle -

Itagaki (although he's really the only one to actually use it in the series)
    Miyata
    Nekota (Maybe Nekota was using this against Anderson as he was just picking him apart)
    Kimura
    Takamura
    Sendo
    Vorg
    Sawamura
    Eagle
    Hawk
    Nekota

I want to see Ippo fight Jimmy. That would be so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakeem_21
    Sendou was sparring with Hoshi when he hit him and knock him, if you think Itagaki is suddenly stronger just cause of Sendou's sparring with Hoshi. Its like saying Ippo isnt better to Shigeta who played with him when they sparred. I wonder who it was beat Shigeta to a pulp and scared him away from boxning.....

Still you cant compare Itagaki to Sendou just cause of he beat Hoshi WHO IS NEW TO BOXING. Let him a tough boxer before comparing him to Sendou.
    That are just minor points. Sendou still struggled with Shigeta but got used to it after a couple of rounds. Ippo would probably have done the same, i mean Take used a southpaw stance and that made things much more difficult for Ippo but he got used to it and won.

Getting used to a speed you can't match is impossible as long as it doesn't have a simple rhytm, Saeki had a simple rhytm and Mashiba had a simple rhytm in his spars with Itagaki, in those spars Itagaki had no trouble at all dodging as he got used to the speed and a simple rhytm. The main concern with Hoshi being able to hit Sendou even though it was a spar, what i was trying to point out was that Hoshi is able to hit Sendou, not that he could defeat him. While Hoshi hit nothing but air against Itagaki.

Counting in the newest release as Blitz said about Ippo not being allowed to spar Itagaki cause of the diffrence in speed, add to this that Sendou doesn't care about his defense at all. Itagaki may stand a good chance against a fighter like Sendou All you think of is Sendou's strong points, try to look at his weaknesses to. If he were able to scare Itagaki though he would rule the fight in an instant.

The fighters we have seen him have trouble with hasn't been scared of him, remember when Ippo got scared. Sendou ruled the fight but Ippo got his courage back and won, not easy victories but he was able to win once he got rid of the fear. Vorg should have beat him for the title and he wasn't scared either. Shigeta treated Sendou like his bitch for most of the fight but once Shigeta got scared Sendou knocked him down in an instant.

Add to this what Sendou and Ippo was talking about when they saw Itagaki vs. Hoshi. "punch and hope you'll catch him" "Grit your teeth and take the counter then knock him to the floor", Hoshi tried both and i don't remember him succeed. What makes you think Sendou will succeed when he got that kind of mentality?

If speed were everything as you make it out to be, then Miyata would rule the world by now.

Ippo and Sendou strenghts is that they can take alot of beating,If Itagaki cant hit ten times before running away there is a chance for a counter just like Hoshi planned but he wasnt good enough. I mean he wasted alot of energy and time with going after him with full power when Itagaki was only toying with him.

Sendou will prolly lock him down to corners like he did against Ippo.

Itagaki will meet someone tough soon,then we will see if he is only speed.

Any i am sick of this, my only point is Itagaki is nothing but potential until he has shown take someone at Sendou/Ippo level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakeem_21
    Any i am sick of this, my only point is Itagaki is nothing but potential until he has shown take someone at Sendou/Ippo level.
    While I still would like to see a Itagaki/Sendou fight, I can see your point. Itagaki is always pointing out that he still loses to Ippo when it comes to stamina. He can beat Ippo in sprints but when it comes to running long distances at the same pace he just can't hang. In any case, I will still hope

Hakeem if you would read my posts properly you would know that i already adressed the issue with cornering an out boxer and Sendou's strenghts.

The only thing i missed was the stamina thing and diffrence in taking hits.

I'm still not saying that it would be an easy victory for Itagaki but i am saying that he might stand a chance. With you it sounds like Itagaki would get owned in the first round.

One more thing, How can you actually think that Sendou and Ippo are at the same level right now? Sendou has been injured for close to a year while Ippo has refined his fighting alot. They are not at the same level anymore. It would be impossible for Sendou to make up for that one year diffrence in just a few months.