Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hajime no Ippo

[I-O] has up to 731 out. Ippo's in a match again finally!

He's fighting a mad man! Cool.

Looks like these types, he have to put him down.. and put him down seriously for good. I think Ippo's opponent's going to die in this match.

Round 732 is out now...

I usually post them when they come out @ http://www.dynamiteglove.com

The latest RAW is 740...so I-O is very close to catching up.

With ch. 740, [I-O] has now caught up to the raws! Woo! Anyone know if they'll be scanslating as the raws come out? Will the torturous week-long wait for good manga include HnI now?

Also with chapter 740, Ippo has finished his fight with Jimmy Sisfa. Seems like the mangaka is intent on keeping Ippo's "no knockdown" streak going. The first Ippo-has-been-knocked-down chapter ending fooled me, but the ones after that were a bit much...

And I like your description of waiting for manga, Honoko. "torturous week-long wait" indeed :P

I'll be willing to wait a week for each chapter when the manga is this good. What i don't want is a 3 month wait for an entire volume that you finish in less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    With ch. 740, [I-O] has now caught up to the raws! Woo! Anyone know if they'll be scanslating as the raws come out? Will the torturous week-long wait for good manga include HnI now?

They sure will, be scanslating as they come out.

Also what did you guys think of Puar's kick ass coloring job on those 739 pages? I was completely blown away.

Also...while I doubt Ippo will be fighting ALL of these guys...here is his OPBF Hit List

http://www.dynamiteglove.com/ippolist.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ
    I'll be willing to wait a week for each chapter when the manga is this good. What i don't want is a 3 month wait for an entire volume that you finish in less than an hour.

No worries since the manga is weekly and the group scanlates as soon as the raw is out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzRonin
    They sure will, be scanslating as they come out.

Also what did you guys think of Puar's kick ass coloring job on those 739 pages? I was completely blown away.

Also...while I doubt Ippo will be fighting ALL of these guys...here is his OPBF Hit List

http://www.dynamiteglove.com/ippolist.shtml
    hahahahhaa-- I think it's funny there's all these questions marks and then just two guys' pics. The "owned" label is a nice touch though

And the colored pages were indeed awesome ^^ Definitely a nice bonus.

Yeah I'm thinking he won't fight all those guys, but I just put them up there as place markers...

All of those countries (a few states and territories) are able to fight in the OPBF.

So Morikawa has a lot of options here...

Although I can't see Ippo fighting anyone besides the countries that have already been active in the manga -

Thailand (Done)
    Australia
    Korea
    Philippines

Who's still keeping up? Ch 742's out by [I-O].

I've always enjoyed the scenes between Kumi and Ippo. And I must wonder... does Takamura really need a finishing blow?

Round 743 is out. Get it at your usual place.

It starts off in a light and funny mood and finishes very serious.

You guys stopped reading? Up to chapter 760 is out at the moment. I had stopped reading this series for about a year, just right before the boom of releases by SC and Ignition-One. And man, was it tough to catch up, what a shitload of volumes, near 30.

I've been keeping up with Ignition-One releases regularly... the discussions here kinda died off so I've been lurking at Dynamite Glove for the past few months. I feel like it's been while since there's been a fight, thought.

Have you caught up to 760, Bud? Or still plowing through them? Don't wanna spoil anything to you by accident =P

Na' I finished reading 760 this morning... so go ahead and spoil to your heart's content.

Ch. 762 out.

Damn, I wanna know that little epiphany Ippo just got. I'm rooting for a quick fight with this guy. Ippo needs to move on and start taking on the world

does anyone know whether there is a sequel after episode 76? it doesn't feel like the series has ended yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zangetsu
    does anyone know whether there is a sequel after episode 76? it doesn't feel like the series has ended yet.
    Fortunately for you, there's a whole thread dedicated to this in the General Anime section about the two movies that came out. Unless you were asking about the continuing storyline via the manga. Upon which I would then suggest reading through the first few pages of this thread and/or use the handy search function underneath your personal welcome message.

And since I'm posting here already, ch 772 came out via I-O. We're in the middle of an Ippo fight and I totally want to get it over with and move on. Miyata v. Randy Boy ftw!

Wow, I just read this manga and what an incredible manga, has you hanging on for more each volume and chapter.
    This is the only sports manga I've read, I just so happened to have the first few volumes on my HDD and decided to read it when I had nothing to do and caught up to it now.

I hope Miyata challenges Ippo and they say no, haha that would make me laugh, but now I know that this isn't going to happen, as he is fighting to protect his and his fathers fighting style.

I get annoyed sometimes with Ippo's fights as ALL of them except for I think one were hard and went for ages, I would like at least another fight where he absolutely demolishes the opponent.

and upto 776 has been released