Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hajime no Ippo

Hajime no Ippo

He woulndt have a choice if he used his best move when the oppenent is fresh in the start. Also he didnt use it cause he hadent given up on dempsey roll before it got beaten. Now he has no choice.

The docter told him he could only use it twice, i think he thought he would hurt him with the normal dempsey before finishing up with evolved dempsey.

I dont think he will have any problems at national level when he masters the new dempsey.

Hajime no Ippo

He knows there's no room for error... He's seen how destroctive a counter to the dempsy can be, even when the person hitting him is not in top shape and holding back... He knew he couldn't take the liberty of even taking one counter to the dempsy... So once he started doing the dempsy, and once he knew the counter was coming, he should've done his evolved dempsy right there...

And add to that that he was fighting like this would be his last fight, he was willing to use it 10 times if needed...

Hajime no Ippo

Yeah i know that but its seems like he has it hard to give up on his normal dempsey. He knew he would get hurt bad thanks Vorg knocking him out still he used it.

The reason he used the normal dempsey is cause Sawamura lured him to think that he could slip past his bullets and even dogded the lighting right. Then he sped up and knocked out it of Ippo. Miyata explained all this very good. How he played Ippo with the trap that made him use the dempsey.

Now I cant wait to see what Ippo comes up with, he just cant rely on the evovled dempsey in his current condition.

Man Sawamura is soo cunning. I like how angry he made Ippo, i havent seen Ippo this angry before.

Hajime no Ippo

Read from vol 52 chp 9 to vol 55 chp 1 yesterday. That was some intense shit.

Sawamura is one crazy bastard, i liked when he met Mashiba and Ippo after the wiegh-in. First time ever i've seen Mashiba cheering for Ippo. All this protective big brother stuff gives Mashiba a whole new side, a side i think many can relate to.

Ippo being angry and cocky actually suits him if he could pull off a victory without much trouble, as it is now he gets his brains punched out and then goes for the comeback KO like usual, that pattern is starting to get really repeatitive.

And what a bad chapter to stop at, i want more right now.

Hajime no Ippo

The things is normaly he would have turned around the match a long time ago but Sawamura has actually beaten his best move and isnt hurt much. He can also connect with a killer counter anytime. I think the next fight will much easier for Ippo when he has a dempsey roll that cant be countered.

Hajime no Ippo

ch 494 out by ignition one ^^ they are now my new favorite group =] even after looking at the raw for this volume, i still want the next scanslated chapter!

Hajime no Ippo

I also read it, the ending of the chap showed us what will happen to the prick. I cant wait to see his face when he realizes it isnt the normal dempsey.

ignition one are the best!!! they are fast and their quality is very good.

Hajime no Ippo

The thing is, Ippo's new move won't be the Dempsey Roll as the Dempsey Roll is a rhytmic motion from side to side delivering punches at the same time you dodge. He will have to find something that can keep dodging but doesn't have a set rhytm you can follow. So what he will find is complete control of wieght shifting in all kinds of directions, that's how i see it.

Hajime no Ippo

The way i understand it its diffrent from the normal dempsey cause he suddenly changes rythem,directions using his lower body. He is still call it dempsey roll, an diffrent an improved one. I think he will start the normal dempsey roll movement then use what he learned when he saw that rythem is the weakness of dempsey.

We will se how it looks in the coming chaps.

Hajime no Ippo

So damn good. I WANT MORE!!

Hajime no Ippo

I can't wait to see how this fight ends.

Hajime no Ippo

I just read chap 495 and its really sad to see Ippo this messed up. He hasnt be hurt this bad at any fight before. Even he wins, he must get alot better before going outside Japan.

I cant take much more Ippo beating,hopes he finishes this fight soon.

Hajime no Ippo

what about the sanada fight? that was pretty painful... my rationale would be that he's been through pretty tough spots before so that's why he's able to hang on... a simultaneous exchange in the dempsey during that short man's fight (samabuko? don't remember) was a good segway into this one, i'd say. it was during that fight that ppl started to notice how ippo's experience was beginning to pull thru.

Hajime no Ippo

Sanada's match was painful but not this painful. This fight is painful in many ways,he gets much bigger damage thanks taking dempsey power back at him plus sawamuras own power. Plus losing while using your best move is also painful.

Hajime no Ippo

This is not fun to read when Ippo just gets his brains punched out. Fights like these need to stop, Ippo can't take shit like that anymore. It wouldn't be that bad if this was the first time he got punched half dead before he did something but the thing is, it is just one of all the fights he got hurt badly. If he continues like this he won't be able to box anymore let alone do anything, he's gonna get some pretty serious damage for the rest of his life.

And to have Sawamura dominate like this, i like that even less. There hasn't been a character i have disliked this much in Ippo ever.

I just want this fight to end so that we can progress. Fuck, Ippo could go down now and then work his way up again, that would be more realistic. He could have gone down after the second counter and lose the belt to Sawamura to later reclaim it in a dominating victory over Sawamura with an invincible evolved Dempsey.

Hajime no Ippo

That could still happen.

I agree about Sawamura,cant stand they guy and he is the one that kicks ippos ass

Hajime no Ippo

Yea it could happen but come on, do you think it will? The Ippo formula is get your ass kicked then do a miraculous comeback KO.

Hajime no Ippo

I get the feeling the evolved dymsy will do some damage but Ippo is over due for a loss and a hard relazation that being undefeated only leaves room for defeat.

Hajime no Ippo

Too bad you don't remember that he ALREADY lost...

Hajime no Ippo

I think he means that he hasnt lost the title.