Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hajime no Ippo

Hajime no Ippo

It doesn't come down to the muscle mass, a body builder for example is extremly buff but isn't strong for long periods of time. Ippo needs to build the muscles around his joints to be able to take the force of the evolved dempsey for a long period of time, working your muscles to be able to withstand for a long time doesn't give alot of muscle mass. And with his extreme running menu he won't gain weight that easy.

Hajime no Ippo

But he needs to build muscle which will most likly up his weight unless he some how trims down in other places to keep the weight with the class. But we'll see what happens over the next ten or so chapters.

Hajime no Ippo

I dont think he will use it the next matches cause you could see he got hurt badly using it.

He can come up with other moves while he isnt ready for this new dempsey.

Hajime no Ippo

Originally posted by: Lefty
    But he needs to build muscle which will most likly up his weight unless he some how trims down in other places to keep the weight with the class. But we'll see what happens over the next ten or so chapters.
    Ippo's legs are already extremly well trained so he won't gain much weight even though they become stronger. The term "Build muscle" has been used alot of times in Ippo but he never gained a pound.

Hajime no Ippo

502 out, go get where you can find it cuz tosho seems to be down again.

Hajime no Ippo

Me <3 I-O's release speed

Edit: SO AWESOME. Suddenly it's so much more understandable why Kawabe cares so for Sawamura. Beautiful.

Hajime no Ippo

I agree with what Terra said. I loved Sendou's whole speech, Sawamura's reaction was funny.

Now comes all of Ippo's training to get back on track. The training between matches is sometimes even better than the fights in my opinion, the training allows alot more development for alot of characters as opposed to the development of 1 or 2 under the fights. We also get alot of top notch humor during the training arcs, I kind of miss that humor during the matches.

EDIT: 503 and 504 out. Get them at your usual place.

EDIT2: These 2 chapters were the best in a looooooong time. So much emotion packed into just 2 chapters, i almost started crying when Ippo came in with the hat, i felt a tear coming down my cheek.... The best flashback i have ever seen.

Hajime no Ippo

I'm with PSJ, this was fucking amazing. Incredibly moving.
    The author is GOD.

Hajime no Ippo

The training is almost better than the matches, i hope they go thier annual training camp soon,those are fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Yeah the two chapters about Ippo's father was awesome,made love this manga even more.

The author really knows how to make things good.

Hajime no Ippo

chapter 505 and 506 are out. Both very good chapters, 506 was amazing.

Looks like Ippo's mom will say something hard and serious but end it with a comfort type of feeling. This manga just keeps getting better and better each chapter.

Hajime no Ippo

Very good stuff. It's amazing how the author manages to make all situations so intensive. There are no characters in this series that feels underdeveloped, he keeps pushing things forward and makes them feel just as fresh now as it did 500 chapters ago. ADMIRABLE! The poll results were funny by the way. "The Bear" got 19 votes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Hajime no Ippo

hey man, people admire mothers who defend their kiddies, even to the point of getting eaten. gotta give props to that, right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

but yes, ippo manga is the best ongoing one i've been introduced to. the author just does not disappoint!

Hajime no Ippo

507 out. Yet again an amazing chapter, it just doesn't stop it just gets better and better for every chapter.

Hajime no Ippo

DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGERS

"We're best friends" - awesome quote.

Hajime no Ippo

Cliffhangers are killing me but im uses to them now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

In other mangas the last couple of chapters would have felt cheezy with the "We're best friends" but not ippo.

I wonder who he will fight next,maybe someone outside japan.

Hajime no Ippo

508 out, get it at your usual place.

I kind of hope the story focuses more on someone else again for a while until Ippo is healed up.

EDIT: Good chapter. It was easy going and gave Itagaki a little bit of development which was nice. Anyone else thought he resembled Ippo when he knocked down that guy?

EDIT2: 509 out.

Build-up chapter, nothing special exept Ricardo Martinez finishing a world title defense in a few punches.

Hajime no Ippo

Awesome stuff... Ricardo is such a haxxor ;S

Hajime no Ippo

510 is out. Not much to say, just another build up chapter but a good one.

Hajime no Ippo

511 out. damn you, ippo. always getting hit first....

Hajime no Ippo

DAMNIT! They're back to those endings. Ippo will destroy that punk once he gets his act together in a moment or two.

EDIT:

512 out.

Worst chapter in a while, didn't like it that much. Sure there were some build up for Itagaki and more fuel on the rival fire but not more than that.