Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Hajime no Ippo

Hajime no Ippo

512: Felt very short, but nice development for Itagaki

513: ROTFLMAO!!! "No Yagis Allowed", "He looked like a demon", "If he had chosen the path of fishing he would be a world champion" lol so stupid
    I never realized that Miyata's father was a champion at one point, I always thought he was beaten when he was close to becoming one

Hajime no Ippo

no, i think they said miyata's dad got his face broke during the OPBF title match...

Hajime no Ippo

514 out.

Both 513 and 514 were okay chapters, nothing special exept the Yagi sign hehe, that was some funny shit. Some development for Takamura and Miyata to.

Hajime no Ippo

My fav chapters are the ones with Taka, even with a normal chap like this he makes it special with his faces,loved when he chocked Miyata cause he punched him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    It was also funny when Miyata said,"i should undestimate,i will go all out" I was like you must be kidding,you are fighting Taka [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The fishing competation chapter was the funniest in along while,the faces yagi and shinoda made killed me, it took 30 mins to read the chap cause coulndt stop after every page,great chap.

Hajime no Ippo

515 is out. Takamura's new opponent, Eagle, has been introduced. He looks pretty dangerous, and while it doesn't feel as epic this time around (since Takamura already has a belt), I'm sure the author has nice stuff up his sleeve. I don't get all this mosquito talking though o_O

Hajime no Ippo

Last time Takamura mentioned a mosquito he could only go for 5 rounds if i'm not mistaken, so to Ippo this means that his not in top condition or something.

Hajime no Ippo

516 out.

Good chapter, some serious shit. I wonder if Takamura really got this eye condition, if he does this will get even more serious.

Hajime no Ippo

Things just got even more interesting.

Nice to see Sanada again, I like how the author brings back old characters at random times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hajime no Ippo

Yea, that keeps the manga interesting.

EDIT:
    517 is out! BOOOJAAHH! Get it here:http://www.manganews.net/scanlatorinfo.php?id=72

Cool chapter, now we learn about the damage boxing really can do to your eyes. Freaky with an eye that decays right there in your head, i sure wouldn't want that.

I don't think Takamura has this condition though. I think there really was a mosquito buzzing around his room so he couldn't sleep and i think the only reason Miyata landed a clean one was because he focused on the fishing.

Hajime no Ippo

i was more interested at what sanada pointed out about ippo than that whole eye thing, to tell u the truth.

Hajime no Ippo

I completly forgot about that, i was to focused on the eye thing. Nothing like useless information eh?

Ippo hasn't gone done for a while, but he did go down against Sawamura and he went down haaaard. Ippo probably has a skull of iron or something to be able to ram his head against Sawamuras extending fist and not get any longterm damage.

I'm not to interested in Ippo until he shows signs of developing the dempsey, right now i want to know if Takamura will be able to go on at full throttle and not stop at some red light in the form of an eye injury.

Hajime no Ippo

ippo didn't go down during the sawamura match. he came close a few times but he never did. i kno b/c i just checked. the only time he actually hit the ground was when sawamura tackled him to buy some recovery time.

your statement gave me the perfect opportunity to procrastinate and read that fight again instead of working on my thesis paper due tomorrow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Hajime no Ippo

Really? My bad then, i was sure he went down when he got hit by the dempsey counter. Takamura is still more interesting right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Hajime no Ippo

Taka has the eye problem cause its more realistic he has it since he really got hurt badly against Hawk,which was a first for Taka.

I dont think his Eye problem will stop him,he is too stubborn to let that stop him. Im more worried about his future as a boxer. He better get the surgery quickly.

There isnt a chance Miyata landed the punch thanks to the fishing,since Taka is always fooling around but never gets caught off guard. We know that since Aoki and Kimura has tried many times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I like how the mangaka put more drama into the story with this eye problem and focusing on the injury part of the boxers life. Thats why HNI is my fav,the mangaka givs you everything not just good boxning,comedy.

Hajime no Ippo

You compare Miyata to Aoki and Kimura? Bad comparasion.

Takamura is supposed to be the larger than life character, the invinsible giant, god on earth etc. etc. It will break the illusion if he got the eye condition. Besides this manga isn't really that realistic, i mean they are punched bloody in every single fight and no one ever gets any really serious injuries exept that southpaw guy who fought Sendou and he was a minor character. I don't think any of the mains will get carrier threatening injuries.

Hajime no Ippo

I meant its realistic oustide the boxing hall,there must be some imaginition otherwise it would be boring. Ippo is very realistic character, you can find a guy with his personality anywhere.

It will break the illusion,that why he has the injury. Cuase we all think he is a monster. This will make Taka better character since he isnt bulletproof anymore.

Ippo has already a move that has shortened his career some.

Taka will overcome this but it shows he can have serious injuries too,this will ruin somethings for him.

Its a good balance,they both have injuries thanks to hawk ans sawamura who are their hardest matches.

Hajime no Ippo

I can see what you are saying but i still want to have the illusion that Takamura is invinsible.

I agree that it's very realistic outside of the boxing ring but then again how unrealistic can everyday life get?

Hajime no Ippo

I mean what happens in the story outside the ring is realistic for a manga like this. Compare it to other sport mangas like for example how realistic is thier everyday life. They are never home,eats hamburgars every day in Macdonald(Momishiro and Echizen)

Not only POT most mangas in the same genre as HNI has unrealistic everyday lifes.

Why do you wanna have the illusion? It was cool before but he must develop his characters,have tough times. Even Ippo has had very tough life outside the ring,his mother,bullies injuries,now his mentor is in big trouble.

Hajime no Ippo

Yea there is alot of stuff going on but i feel that the stuff about Takamura's family took him down to earth plenty, he doesn't need more of that stuff, not in my opinion anyway, but i guess it gives him an even bigger invinsible image if he has this eye condition and rises above it.

Hajime no Ippo

Exactly i cant wait to see him fighting with the handicap. Like when Hawk hurt him bad that Taka lost his normal hairstyle and he was fighting for a comeback with that light in his eyes. That was one of the best part of HNI.